Gran Turismo 7 Custom Race thread

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 2,132 comments
This is also strange... I suggested a basic setup of the GT-One similar to the '98 GT-One, both because the '98 version weighed 924 kgs and not 900 and above all because in any case that stock power of 760 hp is not realistic, everywhere it is possible to read that the GT-One was given a power of around 600 hp... I didn't imagine that the AI would have these difficulties with the detuned GT-Ones.
Agree, everything plays like the 760hp was just a placeholder number for something lower.

Edit : Added datas to my previous post.

Last edited:
A Dream Grid I call "Timeless":)

X8 F1 GTR
X8 TS020
X4 CLK-LM

The F1 and CLK are fine but the Toyota has no pace to keep up with the other 2 and I'm not sure what I should do increase hp or reduce weight.

Any suggestions?

All cars are stock, all cars are on RM tires.
Gran Turismo® 7_20240328184630.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20240328184103.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20240328184112.jpg

Garage
Gran Turismo® 7_20240328183919.jpg

A 3 lap race enjoy.

X8 F1 GTR
X8 TS020
X4 CLK-LM

The F1 and CLK are fine but the Toyota has no pace to keep up with the other 2 and I'm not sure what I should do increase hp or reduce weight.

Any suggestions?

I haven't found anything better yet, and that's for LM. I don't know what it will look like on other circuits.

X8 F1 GTR
X8 TS020
X4 CLK-LM

Any suggestions?

All cars are stock, all cars are on RM tires.
Do the CLK and GTR battle fairly evening when stock (not BOP)? If so, you can reduce the Toyota to 87 with the power restrictor and at 24kg of ballast. Otherwise, I am waiting for someone to sort them out too. My Toyotas are slugs at Le Mans.

A test run using the setting by @suomi1

It got left in the dust in the straight but stayed with the clk and f1 in the comers.
Gran Turismo® 7_20240328195622.jpg

Run 2

Weight 1995 and 665hp.

Still gets smoke on the straight but competitive in the corners.
Gran Turismo® 7_20240328200952.jpg

Last edited:
Don’t tell me this is why PD placed the stock BHP so high.
Same doubt for me. Anyway, 764 hp is too much, the GT-One probably reached this peak power (and maybe more) only with the unrestricted engine, but under the FIA/ACO regulations, with the air restrictors, basically everywhere is reported a maximum power of 600 hp (sometimes, over 600 hp). Surely not "over 750 hp". PD, what have you done?

Same doubt for me. Anyway, 764 hp is too much, the GT-One probably reached this peak power (and maybe more) only with the unrestricted engine, but under the FIA/ACO regulations, with the air restrictors, basically everywhere is reported a maximum power of 600 hp (sometimes, over 600 hp). Surely not "over 750 hp". PD, what have you done?
The car more than likely had a unrestricted engine at the time of them recording and scanning it as the number seems too high and random to be otherwise an error, I recall reading that the F1 GTR made over 900 HP unrestricted so the GT-ONE making over 750HP is definitely not impossible.

@A_Higher_Place @Chikane_GTR @suomi1 @OldandSlow If you haven’t done so, does the ‘98-‘99 grid work with BOP for the Gr.2 cars? I know BOP screws up the road car cars on the grid, but does BOP even the performance for the GT1 cars? Seriously. If it does, setting up the GT1 cars should be good to go.
I've never noticed road cars getting bop'd. I've build road cars into race cars like my C6 and Lbo GT1s to race with Bop'd Gr.3s pretty evenly. Then I can keep Bop on and race either road car or race car and get an even result.

For my 1998 grid, I haven't fine tuned the GTS/2s yet but I bop my Gr. 2s and the Toyota gets dusted pretty bad.

Last edited:
Can somebody remind me how custom races work tire wise again? I’ve forgotten. I thought it was something about the cars default to the tire they originally came with?

What about tunes? Do they keep the tune you put on them but not the tire that you tuned the car for?

I have a mini and a mustang setup to be fairly equal. Great one on one at goodwood, take it to laguna seca and I obliterated the mustang, even at spa I thought the mustang would pass me on all the long straights but it’s like suddenly the car had no power or worse tires? The mini has sports hard (I was driving that) the mustang had comfort medium (ai was driving that)

Maybe I’ll finally remember what PD has the AI swapping tires to behind the scenes this time.

Can somebody remind me how custom races work tire wise again? I’ve forgotten. I thought it was something about the cars default to the tire they originally came with?

What about tunes? Do they keep the tune you put on them but not the tire that you tuned the car for?

I have a mini and a mustang setup to be fairly equal. Great one on one at goodwood, take it to laguna seca and I obliterated the mustang, even at spa I thought the mustang would pass me on all the long straights but it’s like suddenly the car had no power or worse tires? The mini has sports hard (I was driving that) the mustang had comfort medium (ai was driving that)

Maybe I’ll finally remember what PD has the AI swapping tires to behind the scenes this time.
The AI will run your tune. And as long as your cars have and are equipped with any compound of a racing tire, they will start in RH by default.

When it rains, they change to IMs or Wets.

Then when it dries, they swap to RS, especially when they are far behind. Then the magic begins when you realize your AI opponents are 5 seconds faster than the lap times you set. :lol:

Last edited:
The AI will run your tune. And as long as your cars have and are equipped with any compound of a racing tire, they will start in RH by default.

When it rains, they change to IMs or Wets.

Then when it dries, they swap to RS, especially when they are far behind. Then the magic begins when you realize your AI opponents are 5 seconds faster than the lap times you set. :lol:
RH?! That explains why my one BOSS429 at 565pp SS is annihilating me in my races. I can take all the cars in my Camaro tune at 567 with comfort soft tires by about lap 7 and I almost catch up to the boss 429 on lap 10 which is the last lap.

That weasel’s been running racing hard tires all this time not sports soft? Haha

RH?! That explains why my one BOSS429 at 565pp SS is annihilating me in my races. I can take all the cars in my Camaro tune at 567 with comfort soft tires by about lap 7 and I almost catch up to the boss 429 on lap 10 which is the last lap.

That weasel’s been running racing hard tires all this time not sports soft? Haha
When on sports tires, the AI will use the default tire the car came with, be it sport or comfort.

The Mustang Boss 429 came with SH tires default, so it will run in those tires even if you equip it with Sports Soft.

When on sports tires, the AI will use the default tire the car came with, be it sport or comfort.

The Mustang Boss 429 came with SH tires default, so it will run in those tires even if you equip it with Sports Soft.
Ok thanks. That explains why I’m driving around the other ones that came with comfort mediums like another Camaro. Man this is so frustrating to remember. So to get this right, you literally need to run racing hard tires so everybody is on the same tire or remember what tires each car came with and try to run them on stock tires. Whoever decided this needs a talking to lol

I ended with the ECU tuned up from 89 to 92 for the TS020 (rear aero lowered at 880 for top speed), just to see it even slower. I definitely don't understand this car and all that rubberband thing makes any analysis impossible. And any real race too...

The best results I had so far :

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240329174340.jpg

I just added GT cars for the fun and did few tweaks here and there. Note that everything was mixed up and the cars grouped together until we reached the GT traffic. As always, highest difficulty and boost weak, everything else is set on realistic.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240329174649.jpg

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240329174716.jpg

Edit : ECU at 91 looks a bit more fair
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240329174803.jpg

For Le Mans, obviously.

Last edited:
I ended with the ECU tuned up from 89 to 92 for the TS020 (rear aero lowered at 880 for top speed), just to see it even slower. I definitely don't understand this car and all that rubberband thing makes any analysis impossible. And any real race too...
Yesterday I made a test to make the TS020 balanced with the other 2 GT1s
I used 581 bhp to the TS020 and added 30 kg
Didn't made any modifications to the front and rear areo on all 3 cars
Result:

Made a 3 lap multiclass race at Daytona, with me in the slower class
The TS020 was right behind the McLaren by just less than 0.5 seconds, but 2/3 seconds away from the CLK
I hope this would help

Car Power (CV) Weight (kg)
* AMG Mercedes CLK-LM '98577940
BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97574950
Toyota GT-One (TS020) '99589930

*Possible Solution: reduce by 1 ECU the CLK

You can add +n ECUs to all three cars

Last edited:
I kept the GT-ONE stock for mine and just added Mid-High RPM turbos for the CLK and F1 GTRs, the results was that the GT ONE was slower than the CLK-LM but barely while the F1 GTRs were basically right behind it. Really makes me which that PD allowed us to give the 911-GT1 weight reduction + adjustable aero as it pretty much is unchanged body wide from the 1997 Evo, it's just very much hindered by the weight and lack of downforce.

Yesterday I made a test to make the TS020 balanced with the other 2 GT1s
I used 581 bhp to the TS020 and added 30 kg
Didn't made any modifications to the front and rear areo on all 3 cars
Result:

Made a 3 lap multiclass race at Daytona, with me in the slower class
The TS020 was right behind the McLaren by just less than 0.5 seconds, but 2/3 seconds away from the CLK
I hope this would help

Car Power (CV) Weight (kg)
* AMG Mercedes CLK-LM '98577940
BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97574950
Toyota GT-One (TS020) '99589930

*Possible Solution: reduce by 1 ECU the CLK

You can add +n ECUs to all three cars

If you were driving in a slower category, then the AI in front slowed down their pace to give you a chance. If you try the same race but with a car that can win the race, it gonna be another story. Give it a try!
I kept the GT-ONE stock for mine and just added Mid-High RPM turbos for the CLK and F1 GTRs, the results was that the GT ONE was slower than the CLK-LM but barely while the F1 GTRs were basically right behind it. Really makes me which that PD allowed us to give the 911-GT1 weight reduction + adjustable aero as it pretty much is unchanged body wide from the 1997 Evo, it's just very much hindered by the weight and lack of downforce.
I guess that would only help the 911 GT1 if you don't turn on fuel consumption and tire wear. Because whatever I tried with road cars against race cars, their fuel efficiency was really bad.

If you were driving in a slower category, then the AI in front slowed down their pace to give you a chance. If you try the same race but with a car that can win the race, it gonna be another story. Give it a try!
When I was speaking about a slower class it's because in my custom race there were 5 classes:

-Group C
-GT1 (TS020,CLK,F1)
-GT2 (F1_95,SUPRA AND GT-R GT500)
-Gr.5 (Skyline Supersilhouette)
-Alfa Romeo 155 One-Make class (Where I was competing)

I Don't know if this changes something

When I was speaking about a slower class it's because in my custom race there were 5 classes:

-Group C
-GT1 (TS020,CLK,F1)
-GT2 (F1_95,SUPRA AND GT-R GT500)
-Gr.5 (Skyline Supersilhouette)
-Alfa Romeo 155 One-Make class (Where I was competing)

I Don't know if this changes something
What matters is if your car isn't meant to win the race because of its pace, not especially because of its category. The cars in front of you always slows down to help you.

Here's a race at Road Atlanta. Just watching them go by as evening turns to night looks really good!

I will be trying y'alls balancing attempts tomorrow to try and make the GT1s equal. Thanks for testing!

Yep. Been doing this at Le Mans. ;)

Ran the R8 GT4, AMG GT4 and A110 GT4 with the Gr.4 Cayman at Barcelona 10 minutes, 1x fuel & tyres. The top four(R8, R8, AMG, Cayman) were within 1.8 seconds of each other. The rest of the field(me in a Cayman starting last) were 11 seconds behind P1, but all within 10 seconds from 5th to 20th. Tight clusters from start to finish. So far so good for the R8. :)

Adding Gr.4 Vantages and Gr.4 Mustangs to the grid. Spa test is next and then Monza for a final high speed test.

Got my GT4 grid car set up where they’re all competitive. Just doing 10-15 minutes races at all the real world circuits from the Americas through Oceania. Real life GT4 European Series kicks of next weekend. I’ll set my cars up how the real cars qualify and do the two one hour races they do each weekend. Can’t wait.

We need that damn "flying" Porsche 911 GT1 for this track !

Yeah, for now one community member has created the Porsche livery on the CLK so that's the closest we will get!

PD seem to have a habit of avoid adding race cars from the same year and class together. Do we think this due to licensing issues? The only place that this isn't the case seem to be the cars used for Sport mode.

Back