Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,557 comments
Now that I thought about it, could the Evo X Gr.B swap on the Evo III-VI beat the Neo-Classic Challenge at a budget? You still need to fend off the prototypes, though...

Now that I thought about it, could the Evo X Gr.B swap on the Evo III-VI beat the Neo-Classic Challenge at a budget? You still need to fend off the prototypes, though...
No. The stock Gr.B engine has only 521 hp, and I doubt it is very fuel efficient.

Agree. Boring swaps
I feel like this is a sign the engine swaps are drying up... they could of done a couple this update with some other and then the rest in a following update. But no, they've dumped them all in one... has me worried.
This has to be one of the weakest updates they've done. Relying on the GT One to get everyone excited about it 😮‍💨😮‍💨

any engine into any car we want
Giving the freedom to choose wouldnt really lead to any car any engine but ->
Engine 1 is best for racing (every car R26B or VRH35Z would be quite boring too)
Engine 2 is best for drag
Engine 3 is best for ...

But as these basically have no impact on online mode and would almost exclusively be available in singe player events, I guess there wouldnt be any harm other than cars totally out of balance.

Last edited:
I feel like this is a sign the engine swaps are drying up... they could of done a couple this update with some other and then the rest in a following update. But no, they've dumped them all in one... has me worried.
This has to be one of the weakest updates they've done. Relying on the GT One to get everyone excited about it 😮‍💨😮‍💨
They could have multiple swaps to a car though. Many cars can have multiple viable swaps. As for now PD only give a car 1 swap option

Giving the freedom to choose wouldnt really lead to any car any engine but ->
Engine 1 is best for racing (every car R26B or VRH35Z would be quite boring too)
Engine 2 is best for drag
Engine 3 is best for ...

But as these basically have no impact on online mode and would almost exclusively be available in singe player events, I guess there wouldnt be any harm other than cars totally out of balance.

It would come down to what people are looking to do. Me personally, i like to recreate race cars from earlier generations, like the rsr engine to 911 (997) like we already have. So for me i’d be interested in things like the 458 gt3 engine going into the f430

But like you say it doesn’t affect anyone elses game so pd should just let us have some fun

Last edited:
jp.png
MITSUBISHI Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M. SCP '99
For those needing additional cars for the new engine swaps, this one is available in limited stock in the UCD.

Wish GT Devs really did some real research with engine swaps before integrating them into the game. A bugatti swapped anything is just ridiculous.
Options to have more then 1 swap per vehicle would be sick too.
I agree on the Bugatti swaps but for the most there’s a lot of sensible but fun swaps. The Jag V12 into the XJ220 was an awesome recent edition. I like the base Alfa 4C but always wished it had an NA engine, PD made that possible early in the game with the 458 swap.

Wish GT Devs really did some real research with engine swaps before integrating them into the game. A bugatti swapped anything is just ridiculous.
Try the Chiron engine in the C6 ZR-1. It’s really good. Don’t go crazy with ultra high turbos and 2000hp. Just a straight swap and maybe some simple bolt-ons for some added sound.

For their part, some of swaps in the game are references to real builds - I documented that in this thread.

The ones who have done all these below, any word on your experiences?

Greening Auto Company
  • Windsor-351-Maverick (GAC Maverick)
    • Ford F-150 SVT Raptor '11
    • Ford Mustang Gr.3 Road Car
    • Ford Shelby GT350R ’16
    • Porsche Cayman GT4 '16 (!!!)

The ones who have done all these below, any word on your experiences?

Greening Auto Company
  • Windsor-351-Maverick (GAC Maverick)
    • Ford F-150 SVT Raptor '11
    • Ford Mustang Gr.3 Road Car
    • Ford Shelby GT350R ’16
    • Porsche Cayman GT4 '16 (!!!)
I'll rate them

1. Porsche Cayman GT4 - it's one of the best engine swap in this game. that Porsche feels like a Bugatti now.
2. Ford F-150 - It makes a very fast truck with that amount of hp. Drives good too
3. Ford Shelby GT350R - It's good but not that great.
4. Ford Mustang gr.3 Road - Ford Shelby GT350R is better

I think just max them and they're good to go, don't require much tuning except lengthen the gear ratio so it can go up to 400 kph easily

Back