Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,457 comments
I think GT7 is a really big sucesso. It has probably sold a lot.

We can kinda deduce this from the games subreddit. Posts refresh every single day since the games launch, and last year, It was at 134k subs, it is currently at 202k, and just last week it was at 201k, at least some hundreds subscribed these last few days.

You know Reddit is not that popular... So for a niche forum to grow so fast means the game is flying...

Must have found a serious bug for PD to put out a 2nd server update so soon...🤔🤔🤔

Anyone else practically quit playing after the tomahawk exploit was patched? I tried grinding Sardegna for a few weeks and gave up. I thought Sophy and VR would bring me back full time but knowing how much I have to grind to get a full collection put me off. It's always in the back of my head when I'm having fun that my collection isn't complete and won't be unless I grind for a very long time.

We need B-spec for farming or something. Even if it's idle-farming where we set Bob for a championship and have to login daily to manage him. Heck, they can have b-spec multiplayer where we put our Bobs against each other in custom liveries for showing off.

R3V
We need B-spec for farming or something. Even if it's idle-farming where we set Bob for a championship and have to login daily to manage him. Heck, they can have b-spec multiplayer where we put our Bobs against each other in custom liveries for showing off.
BOBs would not be legal or the ailies...

PD would have to create an Engineer/Race Manager event for something like that. I’d guess “GT4”.

Get assigned GT Sophy AI and manage which ones start and finish. Pit stop to switch AI variants. Could have races that require two to four AI variants at player’s disposal, depending on race length.

I think if/when B-Spec does return to the series, the A.I. drivers should get a cut of the winnings as wages, in order to reward the player more if they drive themselves.
I personally would find that to be a fair trade-off that still allows for a level of AFK credit farming.

Also I agree that B-Spec Online would be really cool.

Last edited:
Hey, is PD releasing another update. I just got a notice in the yellow box saying that maintenance is going to start in 10 minutes.

Hey, is PD releasing another update. I just got a notice in the yellow box saying that maintenance is going to start in 10 minutes.
yes BoP fix only most likely

Improvements and Adjustments​

1. Balance of Performance (BoP)
 - Fixed an issue wherein the 'BoP' power settings for the 'Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car' were incorrect, resulting in the car producing more power than intended.

Last edited:
@Famine .That makes sense,I thought you just needed to come in the top 3.Thanks anyway.

@jrbabbitt How does that work then? If you install an engine swap and leave the stock transmission,you keep the stock ratios,so why does it change the ratios when you install an engine and already have a custom trans? Its got me confused a little.

@jrbabbitt How does that work then? If you install an engine swap and leave the stock transmission,you keep the stock ratios,so why does it change the ratios when you install an engine and already have a custom trans? Its got me confused a little.
It has always reset the custom gearing when you swapped engines, I always saw it as different motor has different tranmission mounting fixtures and thus a different tranmission.

IMG_3903.jpg

The tinfoil hat is out again, but the GTWS' first stop is Montreal. And what circuit do we know was found both as a scapes location & time-of-day settings via datamining...

Also the 2nd event is clearly hinting that Circuit de Prague from Forza is going to be added.
(That one was a joke if it wasn't obvious)

Last edited:
It has always reset the custom gearing when you swapped engines, I always saw it as different motor has different tranmission mounting fixtures and thus a different tranmission.
I've noticed when tuning cars that the top speed listed for each ratio increases when you install parts that raise the rev limit. I wonder if it changes ratios to keep the same top speed in each gear as with the standard engine? I haven't looked at how the ratios change and can't remember whether my engine swapped cars have higher top speed without changing the gearbox fitted or not.

View attachment 1343469

The tinfoil hat is out again, but the GTWS' first stop is Montreal. And what circuit do we know was found both as a scapes location & time-of-day settings via datamining...

Also the 2nd event is clearly hinting that Circuit de Prague from Forza is going to be added.
(That one was a joke if it wasn't obvious)

I want Gilles Viallnouve in GT7

Was doing the Grand Valley Highway-1 Circuit experience and instead of having been DQ'd on the spot when I went a bit off-track on the inside by miscalculation I had a 0:00:500 penalty saying I was off-track. Was it as intended or is it a bug? Did anyone have that too?

Needless to say I was it startled me pretty badly.

Was doing the Grand Valley Highway-1 Circuit experience and instead of having been DQ'd on the spot when I went a bit off-track on the inside by miscalculation I had a 0:00:500 penalty saying I was off-track. Was it as intended or is it a bug? Did anyone have that too?

Needless to say I was it startled me pretty badly.
It happens sometimes, rarely and I think randomly, and not only on Grand Valley

Idle thought: they have so many eras of Le Mans racers in the game represented now. You've got the '50s era 300SL and DB3S, the '60s era with the Three Legendary Cars, the Group Cs, the GT1s, the not-a-GT1 GT-One, the early 2010s LMPs, the 2015-2016s hybrids + a couple of contemporary GTEs, and the GR010 + a bunch of GT3s. Just missing some '70s representation to get to a nice round 8 groups.

It's almost a shame they don't commit a full set of missions or a spin-off game mode to going through the history of them, that feels like it'd be super on-brand for what the game is going for car history-wise.

Idle thought: they have so many eras of Le Mans racers in the game represented now. You've got the '50s era 300SL and DB3S, the '60s era with the Three Legendary Cars, the Group Cs, the GT1s, the not-a-GT1 GT-One, the early 2010s LMPs, the 2015-2016s hybrids + a couple of contemporary GTEs, and the GR010 + a bunch of GT3s. Just missing some '70s representation to get to a nice round 8 groups.

It's almost a shame they don't commit a full set of missions or a spin-off game mode to going through the history of them, that feels like it'd be super on-brand for what the game is going for car history-wise.
1970s are represented with Porsche 917K. Ferrari 512 S is coming at some point.

Last edited:
R3V
I have to grind to get a full collection
This is categorically untrue.

I have run the "grind races" just a few times, not any different from any other single player events.

I'm only a couple of dozen Brand Central cars and 2 Legends away from completing the car collection.

A steady income from Time Trials, Custom Races, prize cars and Circuit Experiences is just enough to slowly get to that final number.

Ps. This includes buying every update car as they come out.

The trick is to have fun, it's a game after all.

Back