Gran Turismo 7 Livery Editor - General Discussion Thread

I decided to continue the 2019 dtm liveries, for sure one of my favourites i hope you like it, if you do a like and a repost would be greatly appreciated since this is a pretty common livery, so it needs to be pushed a bit...:cheers:
20829879349948202.jpg
20829464462703388.jpg
20829659540550033.jpg
20970273743560060.jpg
20829470269643679.jpg
20969988250390371.jpg

I did the M6 and this one similarly, I make a decal with the general shape I think I need in a svg app, and apply. Then I go back and forth between the game and my iPad making and testing small changes. Once the large decals are in, I start filling in where needed with in game shapes. The M6 is shared, and it is unlocked for editing, if you are curious you can download and see the madness, that one is at max number of layers allowed on the body.
I'll add it to my collection and have a look.

For my RDX Academy 350z I opened the livery editor and selected to add body livery and then the angle (left / right / front / rear / roof) and took a screenshot on each position, then I put one on Inkscape as a background and drew the decals over that and then just uploaded them, no messing in livery editor then just place upscale and save.

I will post the pictures from my laptop of what I did tomorrow If it helps you 👍🏻 although with a livery like that you may not need help 😎

I'll add it to my collection and have a look.

For my RDX Academy 350z I opened the livery editor and selected to add body livery and then the angle (left / right / front / rear / roof) and took a screenshot on each position, then I put one on Inkscape as a background and drew the decals over that and then just uploaded them, no messing in livery editor then just place upscale and save.

I will post the pictures from my laptop of what I did tomorrow If it helps you 👍🏻 although with a livery like that you may not need help 😎
I have found that complex placements are not possible with this method. If the decal is going on a relatively flat surface this way can work, but if a decal needs to transition over a wide fender, or over from the trunk to the rear I have not found it to be efficient. The distortion is too great in these cases, and it is hard to cover and patch when you have so many layers that need to line up correctly. I always draft the next decal in my app with the last, and use copy/replace so they are in perfect scale and alignment to each other, hope that made sense. I would be interested to see if you continue to use this method as you increase the complexity of your liveries.
Ps, I need help all the time!

Last edited:
I have found that complex placements are not possible with this method. If the decal is going on a relatively flat surface this way can work, but if a decal needs to transition over a wide fender, or over from the trunk to the rear I have not found it to be inefficient. The distortion is too great in these cases, and it is hard to cover and patch when you have so many layers that need to line up correctly. I always draft the next decal in my app with the last, and use copy/replace so they are in perfect scale and alignment to each other, hope that made sense. I would be interested to see if you continue to use this method as you increase the complexity of your liveries.
I build all the layers on one svg but then save each layer seperately with the canvas the same size as if all of the layers were on it so some of the decals will be uploaded in an offest position (not centered like the stamdard decals).

So that way I can add the first layer, then do what you also do and copy the layer then click replace and put the next one down and it's already in the position I need it to be. But for these to work, when appyling I use align with camera.

Going from body to bonnet I do the side layers first then take a new screenshot of the bonnet location and open that in Inkscape, this is so that I can see the top of the applied side layer on the screenshot and make the new bonnet layers join perfectly to that ready for upload again.

It is a bit harder going from side to rear or boot though, as you have said because these areas are still classed as one 'body part' so in reality it's easier with one whole decal applied at a 45 degree angle.

Fantastic Mr Fox Yes GIF

I have found that complex placements are not possible with this method. If the decal is going on a relatively flat surface this way can work, but if a decal needs to transition over a wide fender, or over from the trunk to the rear I have not found it to be inefficient. The distortion is too great in these cases, and it is hard to cover and patch when you have so many layers that need to line up correctly. I always draft the next decal in my app with the last, and use copy/replace so they are in perfect scale and alignment to each other, hope that made sense. I would be interested to see if you continue to use this method as you increase the complexity of your liveries.
Yeah, you can't do the BMW VGT that easily, it's hips are too shapely!

Glad you're getting around to this, it was on my list to do, but my to do list is long, and difficult.

Fantastic Mr Fox Yes GIF

Yeah, you can't do the BMW VGT that easily, it's hips are too shapely!

Glad you're getting around to this, it was on my list to do, but my to do list is long, and difficult.
I was kind of dragging my feet waiting to see if you were going to do it, I mean VGT art car…
I think I am close now, starting on the hood today and then I just need to finish where the roof runs onto the rear window spoiler thingymabob. It is funny that I maxed out my layers last time, I am only at around 150 now with no major patch work to do. Being better with the svg creation is a major driver, last time I made a lot with shapes, this time a majority are made almost to fit.

I was kind of dragging my feet waiting to see if you were going to do it, I mean VGT art car…
If you're dragging your feet on anything else, just know I've sawn my feet off, cast them epoxy and put them on display in a gallery that is yet to open... so slow is my current pace of out put.

this time a majority are made almost to fit
This is the way.

Is it possible to edit other users helmets or suits? I would like to have something unique but I don't know how to do it and maybe starting with a template would help me.

I decided to continue the 2019 dtm liveries, for sure one of my favourites i hope you like it, if you do a like and a repost would be greatly appreciated since this is a pretty common livery, so it needs to be pushed a bit...:cheers:
I've done another one, beautiful color combo in my opinion, i hope you like it

2019 Rockenfeller Akrapovic RS 5

20829253830721525.jpg
20829289952328903.jpg
20829914843664037.jpg

20830042023789528.jpg
20829567266739668.jpg

I've been helping out the local Time Attack organisers with some Gran Turismo inspired content for their socials.

It's been a fair bit of work, recreating a number of real car liveries and editing together gameplay footage, with classic Gran Turismo songs, to actively promote a real event. Something I never would have dreamed possible 10 years ago!

The liveries can be found by searching SATIMEATTACK in the discover section.

Bit of an update here. The event has been and gone and I got to see (and film) the cars for real.
Naturally, to fit the theme, the event wrap video I made uses Moon Over The Castle for a backing track. IYKYK. ;)

A couple side by side comparisons of the real cars & GT7 liveries below.

SATA Liveries.jpg

Experimenting with creating an own headlight decal for the R34 GT500 to adapt some road car based replicas to this chassis. Took a screenshot of the R34 road car's headlight, to match the game's graphics as close as possible. Still needs some tweaking and highlight specks here and there, but I'm pretty satisfied with a first lighting test :)

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240318063052.png
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240318064950.png

Experimenting with creating an own headlight decal for the R34 GT500 to adapt some road car based replicas to this chassis. Took a screenshot of the R34 road car's headlight, to match the game's graphics as close as possible. Still needs some tweaking and highlight specks here and there, but I'm pretty satisfied with a first lighting test :)

View attachment 1338314View attachment 1338315
Thats amazing man! Nice job!

Back