Gran Turismo 7 to Host Honda's First Official Esports Event

• Thread starter Famine
  • 56 comments
Driving the new Civic around was fun.

Who else thinks that the new 2022 Type R(Fl5) handles better than the 2020 Type R? I drove both of them back-to-back around Fuji, and the FL5 handles much better imo.

If you argee, cool!
If you disagree, why and what's the reason?
It's even faster than the NA2 NSX Type R.

I don't think I'll get gold on the time trial at the Nordschleife, but I'd say that I'm fine with staying in silver range. I can't remember, though - do all participants get that livery for the new Civic Type R, or just those who place really well?

I don't think I'll get gold on the time trial at the Nordschleife, but I'd say that I'm fine with staying in silver range. I can't remember, though - do all participants get that livery for the new Civic Type R, or just those who place really well?
dgsggds.png

Am I supposed to believe that the factory pilots who set the record laps were on "Sports Hard" equivalent rubber? [snorts]

Whats going on with the different lower power engine in game to the one that set the record of 7.44 in reality?
in gt7 i get 240kmh on the straight 252/253 max just after. The actual car on the lap does 248kmh on straight and 258kmh just after on the downhill bit.

Driving fast normally without crazy kerb/corner cuts I get a 7.52.
I need the missing power to get the real life 7.44.

On the gt7 replay I have noticed a headwind of 4.2m/s for the straight. I wonder if it could be that.

The BOP takes it down from 348bhp to 325bhp. That might be a reason too.

Note the top speeds in the 2nd video are more like the car in game compared to the official lap record video.

As always hard to prove these things but most likely the real car isn't 100% showroom stock. Anything from running higher boost, shorter final gearing, lighter car and stickier rubber has been suggested. Also track conditions as you said (the TT in game has a massive headwind on the Dottinger).

I posted other reasons in the official TT thread but people in there have a habit of just saying "lol git gud n00b" :lol: Glad to see a few people here are more technically minded.

Don't get me wrong it's absolutely possible to beat the real record in game. But that's because you have unlimited retries and can abuse track limit/kerbs. Driving like-for-like, you won't beat it.

Last edited:
That second video is interesting to see the way he drives.

There doesn't seem to be any heal and toe as if the clutch is being used to help slow down for corners. And he keeps the clutch in quite a while on gear changes, is that something to do with the torque and power delivery being transferred to the road surface to maintain traction?

Anyone got their certificate yet? I still haven't seen anything from Honda, GT7 or PD.

Disappointing really after beating the record.
Not yet on my side either. But if I have to guess it might come around on the 10th of December, because that's where the grand final of the Honda Racing eMS GT (for Japan players only) takes place.

Latest Posts

Back