Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.12)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 13 comments

RACECAR

Owner/Promoter/Organizer/Driver/ETC
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
Gran Turismo 7 Thread Logo.png

Based on the original thread format by @Johnnypenso

For every update released, there is the potential for changes not listed in the initial patch notes. Please report any undocumented changes you find in the current update and I'll update the OP as much as possible to reflect those changes found.

1. It is encouraged that you make an effort in verifying these changes as much as possible, either through videos or images.
2. If you need help from the community to verify something, don't be afraid to ask.
3. It is strongly advised that you be as specific and detailed as possible with the information including a brief description of the bug or improvement before it was fixed/changed (if applicable) and how. If English is not your first language that's ok, just do it to the best of your ability.

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE OFFICIAL CHANGES Only any changes not listed on the official site are discussed here
THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE PROS AND CONS OF THE UPDATE or anything else other than undocumented changes in the update. Keep those strictly to the appropriate threads:

Thread Icons (Discussion).png
Thread Icons (Bugs & Glitches).png
Thread Icons (News Section).png
Thread Icons (Physics).png

Documented Changes

Update (1.12)​

1. Brand Central
 - Fixed an issue with the ‘Invitation’ feature wherein the invitations would inadvertently expire earlier than intended. Furthermore, with this update 'Invitations' from the manufacturers listed below will be distributed to all accounts who will log in-game by 24 April:

・Aston Martin
 ・Bugatti
 ・Citroën
 ・Ferrari
 ・Lamborghini
 ・Pagani
 ・Porsche

With the installation of Update 1.12, the invitations are now valid for 30 days from the time they are received.

2. World Circuits
 - Fixed an issue wherein the BGM would not play at the start and finish lines of a race.

Undocumented Changes

Last edited:
Smaller update but same story:

• Post only what hasn't been listed in the official patch notes and provide whatever proof possible (pictures, videos, etc)
  • Do not post bugs and/or glitches, there is an actual thread for that. Same goes for physics changes.
  • Do not post complaints about any potential issues caused in the game, again there is a thread for that.

Now you may post.

I doubt there will be anything undocumented - there's no "various other issues have been addressed" section.
That hasn't stopped undocumented changes from being found before as was the case with some updates in GT Sport without having "Various issues have been addressed" in said patch notes.

Last edited:
This is probably just anecdotal from me, and it's probably just me being rusty from 2 days off of running Sardegna.. but I went to do a run on Sardegna WTC800 with my McLaren F1 GTR and something felt different in the drive. My tune settings were not changed, but yet, I put down a whole minute+ worse time than I normally do. (I average around 26:10~ give or take on there with the car and RM)

Maybe some changes to the physics? Again probably just me, being off today.

Is it just me or in Brand Central, 'Channel' and 'Official site' is removed for some brands? I observed Alfa Romeo and Fiat so far.

This is probably just anecdotal from me, and it's probably just me being rusty from 2 days off of running Sardegna.. but I went to do a run on Sardegna WTC800 with my McLaren F1 GTR and something felt different in the drive. My tune settings were not changed, but yet, I put down a whole minute+ worse time than I normally do. (I average around 26:10~ give or take on there with the car and RM)

Maybe some changes to the physics? Again probably just me, being off today.
I've been doing the Sarthe race in the F40 and I thought something felt different, wasnt sure if it was just me. My brake markers are now disappearing and appearing at random also, quite annoying when you want to use them

This has been removed from the Known Issues post:
SPECTATE
- When spectating in the Lobby or Meeting Place, if a player switches the camera target to a car in the pits, then changes back to a car on track, the 3rd Person view becomes unavailable. Leaving the 'Spectate' mode once will solve the issue.

Took the Mustang GT 15 to Laguna Seca and I can't do the first slight kink before T1 without snapping. Something absolutely changed. The FR cars are scuffed.

EDIT: Also really struggled going for Gold on S-10 today, really more than usual. I can chalk this one up to maybe I'm just off, but

EDIT 2: Turned on some assists and it's probably fine in terms of S-10. The FR cars might've gotten affected though

Last edited:
We really need to have a semi standardized test for physics .
lock full right and turn at 20, 25, 30, 35 , 40 mph until the car looses traction . This can test grip .Same with northern isle, pick a speed and turn until you spin / hit the wall and record the speed . I feel alot of what is reported is placebo .

Sorry for the double post , But the tunnel lights now cast shadows in deep forest, prior ro 1.12 they did not on the ps4 . Trail mountain remains unchanged.

Latest Posts

Back