• 38,588 comments

sems4arsenal

Nissan Sunny FTW
Premium
Egypt
Cairo, Egypt
GTP_SEMS
cautofotoEUktyniU8AA1IHO.jpg-large-840x420.jpg

This thread will serve as the place for discussing the latest news regarding the (yet to be revealed) latest installment of the Gran Turismo series.

- What we know so far?

PD have been working on GT7/8 for a while. They've showcased their Ray Tracing tech as well as 8K capabilities in the videos below.

Kaz also talked about how his vision for the future might include a 120 FPS mode

- Possible reveal date?

It is highly likely that GT7/8 will be one of the key showcase titles for the PS5. A Playstation event is happening June 3rd according to insiders.

This event may give us our first glimpse of the game.

I'll hopefully be updating this OP with new information as time goes by.

Edit: event delayed.

Update: Rumor -- PS5 event rescheduled to Thursday June 11th.

Up. 1/3/2021

https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-7-launch-shift-20210223/

Update: Welcome to GT7

Last edited:
In my dreams they will show us a double 4k VR Headset for GT 7
With that res in VR even a 2080TI which is way more powerful than the ps5 GPU would struggle with current gen games,let alone with next gen ones...I think we should lower a little bit the expectations for a 450/500€ console. it will already be a lot if the game will run in 4k 60 fps in non VR mode without sacrificing graphics but I doubt it (that's why i hope they lower the resolution and use some refined image reconstruction technique to scale up the game in 4k...by doing so they can save a lot of power for other tasks)

Last edited:
I heard that Checkerboard resolution enhancing by PS4Pro is nearly as good as real 4k. I think this would be good enough. Personally i have only 1080p TV and I would always choose lower resolution with better framerate :)

Upscaling techniques are even better than CB.

1440p upscaled to 4K should be decent enough.

Maybe something like DLSS could be in the works.

I heard that Checkerboard resolution enhancing by PS4Pro is nearly as good as real 4k. I think this would be good enough. Personally i have only 1080p TV and I would always choose lower resolution with better framerate :)
Or just get a 4k tv, there are some really cheap.

I have a 4k tv, I would still choose higher framerate over native 4k. The checkerboarding is completely invisible anyway.

Pause at 1:46 and look for yourself. Forza runs at a native 4K vs GTS running at 1800p with checkerboarding. It is a far cry from native 4k.

Pause at 1:46 and look for yourself. Forza runs at a native 4K vs GTS running at 1800p with checkerboarding. It is a far cry from native 4k.

That's more an anti-aliasing thing
Also it's massively zoomed in, in real gameplay the difference is pretty much impossible to see unless you're sitting way too close to the tv

I don’t wanna sound disrespectful to Jordan, but I think SONY wants to keep the reveal information to as few people as they possibly can. One of my close, personal friends works at Sony and he claims that he knows basically nothing about the games reveal and around this time in 2013 he knew pretty much everything about the console, games, etc.

Let’s just wait and see :)

I don’t wanna sound disrespectful to Jordan, but I think SONY wants to keep the reveal information to as few people as they possibly can. One of my close, personal friends works at Sony and he claims that he knows basically nothing about the games reveal and around this time in 2013 he knew pretty much everything about the console, games, etc.

Not sure that's true. I've already heard several rumors.

So it seems the next Gran Turismo is called GT7 according to so many threads here. Is it confirmed to be GT7 and when was it confirmed? I have missed that announcement.
Thank you.

One post about GT7, 12 about televisions. Wondrous.
Television... I remember when joining GTP and seeing latest news thread was a highlight that like went on forever. Not too long until this thread explodes.

But Jordan is OG. Do not underestimate the power of GTP!
Lucas sure is excited about the event

View attachment 925256
He's most likely helped develop the new game.

So it seems the next Gran Turismo is called GT7 according to so many threads here. Is it confirmed to be GT7 and when was it confirmed? I have missed that announcement.
Thank you.
"Gran Turismo 7 will be the next title released in the GT series." This is mentioned on this sub-forum, seems like insider confidence to me.

Back