Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.44)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 45 comments

RACECAR

Owner/Promoter/Organizer/Driver/ETC
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
Gran Turismo 7 Thread Logo.png

Based on the original thread format by @Johnnypenso

For every update released, there is the potential for changes not listed in the initial patch notes. Please report any undocumented changes you find in the current update and I'll update the OP as much as possible to reflect those changes found.

1. It is encouraged that you make an effort in verifying these changes as much as possible, either through videos or images.
2. If you need help from the community to verify something, don't be afraid to ask.
3. It is strongly advised that you be as specific and detailed as possible with the information including a brief description of the bug or improvement before it was fixed/changed (if applicable) and how. If English is not your first language that's ok, just do it to the best of your ability.

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE OFFICIAL CHANGES Only any changes not listed on the official site are discussed here
THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE PROS AND CONS OF THE UPDATE or anything else other than undocumented changes in the update. Keep those strictly to the appropriate threads:

Thread Icons (Discussion).png
Thread Icons (Bugs & Glitches).png
Thread Icons (News Section).png
Thread Icons (Physics).png
Thread Icons (Engines).png

Update (1.44)​

Documented Changes

1. Cars
  ・Audi R8 Coupé V10 plus '16
  ・Lamborghini Urus '18
  ・Toyota GT-One (TS020) '99 (Sold at the 'Legend Cars' dealership)

2. World Circuits
 - The following events have been added to World Circuits:
  ・European Clubman Cup 600
   - Blue Moon Bay Speedway - Infield A Reverse
  ・Schwarzwald League
   - High Speed Ring Reverse
  ・World Touring Car 900
   - 24 Heures du Mans Racing Circuit

3. Café
 - A new Extra Menu:
  ・Extra Menu No.37: Collection: Jaguar (Collector Level 41 and above).

- This includes new sets of conversations with the Car Designers and Characters appearing in the Café, which can be accessed by changing to the following cars in the Garage and speaking with the people in the Café:

CAR DESIGNERS
  - Kunihisa Ito
   ・Jaguar XJR-9 '88

CHARACTERS
  - Chris
   ・Plymouth Superbird '70

- Jeremy
   ・Toyota GT-One (TS020) '99

- Stella
   ・Audi R8 Coupé V10 plus '16
   ・Mercedes-AMG GT S '15
   ・Lamborghini Urus '18

4. GT Auto
 - Car Maintenance & Service
  Engine Swaps are now available for the following cars (unlocked at Collector Level 50):
   ・Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution III GSR '95
   ・Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR '96
   ・Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution V GSR '98
   ・Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M. EDITION Special Color Package '99
   ・Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR GSR '06

- Car Customization
  The following limited edition decal is added to the Preset Decals in the Livery Editor. (The availability period will be announced at a later date.)
   ・HIGHSPEED Étoile

5. Scapes
 - "Fukushima" is now a featured Curation in Scapes.

Other Improvements and Adjustments​

1. World Circuits
 - The following two cars have been added to the race regulations of the Nissan GT-R Cup:
  ・Nissan Skyline Hard Top 2000GT-R (KPGC10) '70
  ・Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R (KPGC110) '73

- The Professionally Tuned category is now part of the race regulations for the following event:
  ・Japanese Clubman Cup 550

- Adjusted prize credits for the following race:
  ・European Clubman Cup 600 (Nürburgring Nordschleife)

2. Multiplayer
 - We addressed an issue in Split-Screen Race in which the race would end one minute after the first player crosses the finish line.

3. Showcase
 - Keyword search added to content search.
 - We implemented an "Add to Favorites" button to the Decal details screen.
 - Comments on details page are now shown from most recent.

4. GT Auto
 - We implemented an Open Details function to Load Style, Driving Gear, and the Livery Editor.
 - We added a "Select" and "Add to Favorites" buttons to the Details screen in Livery Editor > Decals.
 - Preset Decals now display decal names.

5. Localization
 - We also addressed various text localization issues.

Undocumented Changes
  • A “history” button has been added (car customisation>load style>content search)
  • The following colors have been added:
Audi - Solar Orange
Audi - Imola Yellow
Audi - Deep Sea Blue Pearl Effect
Audi - Meteor Grey Pearl Effect
Audi - Condor Grey Metallic
Audi - Sahara Silver Metallic
Genesis - Magma
Mitsubishi - Red Solid
Mitsubishi - Medium Purplish Gray Mica
Mitsubishi - Cool Silver Metallic
Renault - Rouge
Renault - Turquoise
Renault - Bleu Versailles
Renault - Grege
Renault - Gris
Renault - Blanc Panda
Suzuki - Kinetic Yellow
Suzuki - Brisk Blue Metallic
Suzuki - Jungle Green
Suzuki - Chiffon Ivory Metallic
Suzuki - Medium Gray
  • The Auto-Drive when exiting pit road at the Daytona Road Course has been changed.

Last edited:
So as per usual, Post anything that has not been documented in the patch notes (please read those to make sure you are not posting something already officially posted). Remember to post discussions, game bugs, news, physics changes or new engine swaps to the following threads in the OP:

1711607665262.png

And now you may post.

You can now view the Details of a livery/style in GT Auto the same way you would in the showcase menu. You can comment, like etc on the livery. You need to press triangle (which previously would add the livery to your collection) and it will now let you click "open details".

(nvm this was already in the changes i'm blind)

Last edited:
New paints added:

Audi - Solar Orange
Audi - Imola Yellow
Audi - Deep Sea Blue Pearl Effect
Audi - Meteor Grey Pearl Effect
Audi - Condor Grey Metallic
Audi - Sahara Silver Metallic
Genesis - Magma
Mitsubishi - Red Solid
Mitsubishi - Medium Purplish Gray Mica
Mitsubishi - Cool Silver Metallic
Renault - Rouge
Renault - Turquoise
Renault - Bleu Versailles
Renault - Grege
Renault - Gris
Renault - Blanc Panda
Suzuki - Kinetic Yellow
Suzuki - Brisk Blue Metallic
Suzuki - Jungle Green
Suzuki - Chiffon Ivory Metallic
Suzuki - Medium Gray

Schwarzwald 700PP at Barcelona-Catalunya was nerfed (was 5 laps, now 7 with the same 88k payout). Wondering if this change was intended, as it wasn't documented, but it's still a bummer.

It may possibly be something on my side, but it seems like the Urus does not accept any liveries I apply to it? The only changes that get displayed are from wheel changes.

It may possibly be something on my side, but it seems like the Urus does not accept any liveries I apply to it? The only changes that get displayed are from wheel changes.
I was able to apply a livery to mine, wonder if it's a bug like the Genesis VGT had.

I was able to apply a livery to mine, wonder if it's a bug like the Genesis VGT had.
I noticed the bug on the R8 as well. There's certain liveries that don't apply the car color to the body. I tried applying a license plate in both cars like I've done 50 times before on other cars, but the plate simply doesn't show up.

I noticed the bug on the R8 as well. There's certain liveries that don't apply the car color to the body. I tried applying a license plate in both cars like I've done 50 times before on other cars, but the plate simply doesn't show up.
My friend i was able to apply a plate to the urus. Its just tricky though. Same bug the jimny had that another user on here instead failed to call it a bug and said it was a "feature of PD genius at work". Which is just wild.

Anywho select body 2 and pan the camera to the plate you can then apply it on the plate. Its not in "other" as it should be

--------------------Now for other things::
Also i noticed a small ui change in the color or something different about "current car" checkbox in showroom. Maybe just the color and the l line.. maybe not.

Also Could swear rh tyres on the grb celica handles more realistically now. It seems to grip up less when sliding. Could be just a different tune i put on it before the update too.

And theres another change in ui that tells you to press square that i already forgot about

Also new music in race ending screen when i did a weekly kinda cheesy. I counted 2 different or new songs in my gaming sesh today. Seemed new

Oh and they finally fixed a bug here.. When tou went to save style you couldnt back out with circle.. You had to input the text and save it. Now fixed

Also fellas when did they change the fail screen camera on licence s10? It zooms out the camera now when you fail the licence like it did in gt4

Last edited:
PMK
You can now view the Details of a livery/style in GT Auto the same way you would in the showcase menu. You can comment, like etc on the livery. You need to press triangle (which previously would add the livery to your collection) and it will now let you click "open details".
Yeah that's quite annoying, I was usually just scrolling through the liveries and quick adding them to collection (the ones that I like), now it's a few clicks more and need to open each one...

I have just noticed that on your profile page of the GT website, there is now a progress bar next to your DR and SR similar to how they added it in game a while back.

My friend i was able to apply a plate to the urus. Its just tricky though. Same bug the jimny had that another user on here instead failed to call it a bug and said it was a "feature of PD genius at work". Which is just wild.

Anywho select body 2 and pan the camera to the plate you can then apply it on the plate. Its not in "other" as it should be

--------------------Now for other things::
Also i noticed a small ui change in the color or something different about "current car" checkbox in showroom. Maybe just the color and the l line.. maybe not.

Also Could swear rh tyres on the grb celica handles more realistically now. It seems to grip up less when sliding. Could be just a different tune i put on it before the update too.

And theres another change in ui that tells you to press square that i already forgot about

Also new music in race ending screen when i did a weekly kinda cheesy. I counted 2 different or new songs in my gaming sesh today. Seemed new

Oh and they finally fixed a bug here.. When tou went to save style you couldnt back out with circle.. You had to input the text and save it. Now fixed

Also fellas when did they change the fail screen camera on licence s10? It zooms out the camera now when you fail the licence like it did in gt4
Wait so you have to choose body 2, and then move the camera around to apply the plate instead of doing it directly?

Did the Lamborghini logo change ingame? They changed it IRL the very day of the update but the differences are really light, I can't tell if we have the new one or the old one.

Did the Lamborghini logo change ingame? They changed it IRL the very day of the update but the differences are really light, I can't tell if we have the new one or the old one.
Brand Central still has the old logo, compare colors and "holes" in the flat colored bull between old (left) and new (right):

1711730417939.png
1711730425910.png

(images from Wikipedia Lamborghini_Logo.svg)

The white variant of the logo in the brand selection screen also follows lines of the old bull more than the new one, and has the thick border around the badge

Last edited:
And on the GT-ONE (TS020) as well. It's slow applying a personal livery that took me hours to work on. Also, GT Auto doesn't load either or that it takes a long time.

Last edited:
And on the GT-ONE (TS020) as well. It's slow applying a personal livery that took me hours to work on. Also, GT Auto doesn't load either or that it takes a long time.
I gave up trying to get a livery to appear correctly and just used someone else's livery that they designed with magic.

Wait so you have to choose body 2, and then move the camera around to apply the plate instead of doing it directly?
Yeah, there are several cars in game where certain aspects of the car are under body 2 rather than other. If selecting other doesn’t get me what I need, I try body 2.

I believe the rear valance on the Urus is also under body 2 instead of other.

Just noticed the Nissan GT-R Cup at Blue Moon Speedway now has a sports tyre restriction. Thinking maybe bug rather than feature as no other race in the series has tyre restrictions

There is a "last selection" option when looking for user made decals in the livery creator...was that there before ?
I also noticed a pin option for decals and history for the search words you type. Nice features, but they seem to have removed the option to add decals to collection using triangle when using the search. Now you can only add to favourites.

I noticed a new feature. At the livery editor, when searching for decals on the browser, now you can write two words (Word 1, gap, Word 2) and the browser won't eliminate the gap. Last weekend I was searching for "Spanish plate" and had the same results as when I search the same exact words on the web browser

Last edited:
Back