Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.44 Now Available, Adds Toyota GT-One, Lamborghini Urus, Audi R8

• Thread starter Famine
  • 889 comments
I have a problem with the GT-One. My real steering wheel (base gt dd pro, P1 V2 steering wheel) is not aligned with the one in game. I am too late. That only happens with this car. A friend on his Thrusmaster doesn't have this problem. Where could this problem come from?

Why are some people so obsessed with the Toyota GT-One? I understand it was in GT2 but is nostalgia the only reason for this curious behaviour? I mean, I played all the GTs, from the 1997 original to GT7 and I never felt this magnetism towards a particular car from a previous game.
Great memories but that's it.

I don’t recall ever driving the TS020 before in a Gran Turismo game so finally being able to do so after all these years is definitely a nice feeling. However it was only in the time trial where the car had a power restriction and a weight increase so I wasn’t getting the full experience!😹 Anyway if you jump on the throttle too soon exiting slow corners it will bite but on the whole I am satisfied. Unlike the Urus which is absolutely hideous and a total waste of 300,000 credits. Never sold a car soo quickly. Happily the R8 proved to be a surprise as the driving experience was more enjoyable than I expected. Full tuned it’s devastatingly quick and one hell of a thrill.

Why are some people so obsessed with the Toyota GT-One? I understand it was in GT2 but is nostalgia the only reason for this curious behaviour? I mean, I played all the GTs, from the 1997 original to GT7 and I never felt this magnetism towards a particular car from a previous game.
Welp, in this case, others just might feel what you don't, maybe you feel more attached to another car many of us wouldn't even think of ;)

Last edited:
I am talking for myself; Mainly because GT-One is one of the most beautiful race cars ever made. It is not only Gran Turismo that I want it in; I would like to have a model on my shelf, also it was the highlight (1998 version displayed) when I visited the MEGA WEB in Odaiba, Tokyo.

I can only speak for myself but some people like myself have an attachment to the older games and having some of the cars from the early games like the GT One, Tom's Castrol Supra, the Escudo it just brings back memories from when I used to play this game with my brothers and nephews. For me especially one of my brothers passed a few years back so anything I used to do with him holds a special place in my heart so again speaking for myself that's why I really enjoy seeing these cars from previous games

Serious question: Why some of you buy the GT-one multiple times? Is it to sell them for more in the future?
1711631178155.png

In my case I want to recreate the 1998 Le Mans grid.

:lol: to those who said the Urus is the worst car ever. Some of your opinions are so comical. This was my first race with the car on hard difficulty and I made no adjustments to the Suspension, LSD, Downforce, or Gearbox. I could have gone full power on this race because there was no PP limit but I reduced power to have the car under 700pp.

View attachment 1340965View attachment 1340967
A vehicle "sucking" can be independent of it being fast. You dropped 1500 lb of weight, added 150 hp and used RH tires. And it's AWD. Doesn't get much easier to win with than that. You tuned the vehicle to the point where it shares almost nothing with an actual Urus. Apply those settings to the minivan or wagon and you'll get the same results. Strange argument.

I can't even begin to imagine the point of having decals that literally vanish from your car because some tie-in promo expired, so although I can't give a definite answer it seems unlikely that it will be the case.
I figured that would be the case, gonna have a look at them during lunch break and see if I make any designs over the easter weekend.

Quick question though, have never done any grinding for a car, but I need to now since the GT-One is out. What are the best races to grind credits on? Thanks for any answer, can't wait to get it tonight! :)

Quick question though, have never done any grinding for a car, but I need to now since the GT-One is out. What are the best races to grind credits on? Thanks for any answer, can't wait to get it tonight! :)
Sardegna WTC 800 with Audi RS5 with Praiano's tune.

825k in around 26 minutes

Last edited:
I've primarily done the Tokyo WTC 600, although it's not exactly beginner-friendly.

But with the right car, and patience, it pays out well. Similar payout/duration.

If you haven't done all the circuit experiences, this can be the quickest way to get credits.
This. Basically anything that's not races will pay out nicely.

Edit: Alright then 😅

Also, forgot to say, since lowering the difficulty doesn't affect the payout, Tokyo should be a piece of cake, as long as the car is adequately tuned. Just need to avoid hitting the AI or going off the track in the last hairpin, to not lose the Clean race bonus.

Last edited:
Along with what some others have said WTC 700 at Lemans pays well for 30 minutes

I've seen the "worst car" comments about the Urus a couple times in here now, and wonder what metrics any of you are basing this opinion on.

Is it bad because it's based on the same chassis as two of the other fastest/best-handling SUVs ever made?

Is it bad because it goes 0-60 in 3.3 - 3.6 seconds?

Is it bad because, compared to other SUVs (and even some sedans) its fairly "light" at 4,800lbs?

Is it bad because it runs the 'Ring in the same company as a 997 GT3, AMG SLS AMG, Carrera GT, Camaro ZL1 and other fast iron?

Ooooor, is it just bad because everyone judges it by the influencers seen driving it in Beverly Hills rather that the actual facts about what it is?

Much like every single update, GT gives us some stuff (this time some pretty good stuff) and the goal-posts always move because people seemingly just need to complain about getting free content when it's not absolutely perfect. The Urus is going to be interesting, fun to drive and a unique experience when compared to many of the vehicles in game. Calling it "one of the worst cars in the world" when it is objectively an amazing vehicle is nonsense. It is met with much acclaim, excitement and disbelief by people that know what they're talking about because of how monstrously capable it is around a track.

If you don't like it, fine, but just admit that your opinion is based on the reputation of it's owners and social media exposure, and not because of what it actually is.
That's why i said "IMO" didn't I? It's fine that you think it's an awesome car, but i disagree, even if it's objectively fast & impressive. The fact that it shares a chassis with the Cayenne doesn't help either, because that is my current favourite Performance SUV.

I also did say it was because of owners but also because it's ugly. No one is denying that technically, it's impressive. But i don't think it's a good looking car. You can do some crazy stuff to a Multipla and make it lap the Ring in 5 seconds and i will still call it one of the worst cars of all time.
And hey, maybe i'm wrong. But it will always be my own opinion.

Besides, i never complained about free content. I'm sure there's some people who will enjoy driving it in the game. Just not me brother.

Last edited:
Only if you are good enough, otherwise the ratio time spent/gain can be terrible.
True. If you haven't done anything, getting all bronze still nets you a lot of credits. But if you're only missing the really difficult ones, then it can be a huge challenge.

Serious question: Why some of you buy the GT-one multiple times? Is it to sell them for more in the future?
For the GTP account, it's so I can keep one as a garage queen and easily see any PP changes, a second right away so I can drive a stock one around, and eventually a third so I can tune it.
PMK
Also, the TS020 is quite cheap? Didn't we expect it to be upwards of 4 mil?
I was expecting 8 figures to match the BMW/McLaren F1 GTRs (and the road-legal Porsche 911 GT1).
Here's my preview of the new patch! Fantastic price for the Toyota GT-One in my opinion, although they accidently broke something woopsie!

That error has shown up in the "known issues". The clock is ticking for a hotfix because the full-season GTWS will start before a regular April update.

Last edited:
"It’s perhaps a little unexpected to see it slot into the Gr.2 class, given the ’99 car’s huge pace advantage over the CLK-LM and McLaren F1 GTR that also occupy the category."

That's not quite true, the CLK-LM and F1-GTR with GT-One competed at almost the same time and under the same regulations, and Toyota's speed advantage is minimal, but you forgot to mention that the Japanese GT500 Class1 cars in Gr2 match the LMP1 prototypes in terms of pace.. Don't take this as a preconception, it's just that most people greatly underestimate the GT500-Classe1 cars, and their pace matches the LMP1 prototypes and they are faster than current Hypercars...

1711637802544.jpeg
1711637785585.jpeg

Last edited:
There is no singleplayer CAREER mode race, but you can choose the class in custom race and have it set up anyway you want, with up to 4 class multiclass, including custom classes.

Been running GTX Sportcars Enduros quite a bit lately.
Yeah I know, but custom races don’t give the monthly reward cars from open class and featured tour. It’s absolutely pathetic that this “build from the ground up” reworked singleplayer career is BY FAR the worse I have seen in any racing game.

I've primarily done the Tokyo WTC 600, although it's not exactly beginner-friendly.

But with the right car, and patience, it pays out well. Similar payout/duration.
Beginner friendly depends on whether you want to "drive" or to "earn".
"earning" while ignoring all rules of racing and finishing as fast as possible it not exactly difficult on that event.

Latest Posts

Back