Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.44 Now Available, Adds Toyota GT-One, Lamborghini Urus, Audi R8

• Thread starter Famine
  • 889 comments
That's not quite true, the CLK-LM and F1-GTR with GT-One competed at almost the same time and under the same regulations, and Toyota's speed advantage is minimal
No, it's massive unless you're mistakenly thinking of the 1998 GT-One. The 1999 car was seven seconds faster than either - and 15 seconds faster than the F1 - over a lap of CdlS, and neither ever raced the 1999 car, nor were they in the same category.
but you forgot to mention that the Japanese GT500 Class1 cars in Gr2 match the LMP1 prototypes in terms of pace.
Nope, didn't forget. Just didn't care to mention since it's not particularly relevant.

Why is it always "you forgot" [fact the person cares about]?

Yeah I know, but custom races don’t give the monthly reward cars from open class and featured tour. It’s absolutely pathetic that this “build from the ground up” reworked singleplayer career is BY FAR the worse I have seen in any racing game.
It's better than gt7s but that's about it. Gt7's "career" is an actual insult to the series

FM is disappointing but at least engaging

Last edited:
Why are some people so obsessed with the Toyota GT-One? I understand it was in GT2 but is nostalgia the only reason for this curious behaviour? I mean, I played all the GTs, from the 1997 original to GT7 and I never felt this magnetism towards a particular car from a previous game.
Great memories but that's it.
Historical relevancy for me.

20970185530732191.jpg
Rate my Urus. Bit heavy on the steering but it properly shifts.

Why are some people so obsessed with the Toyota GT-One? I understand it was in GT2 but is nostalgia the only reason for this curious behaviour? I mean, I played all the GTs, from the 1997 original to GT7 and I never felt this magnetism towards a particular car from a previous game.
Great memories but that's it.
GT nostalgia + thing from Japan Syndrome

No, it's massive unless you're mistakenly thinking of the 1998 GT-One. The 1999 car was seven seconds faster than either - and 15 seconds faster than the F1 - and neither ever raced the 1999 car.

Do you have any evidence of what was written other than words?

Nope, didn't forget. Just didn't care to mention since it's not particularly relevant.

Why is it always "you forgot" [fact the person cares about]?

If this is not relevant when the difference between the GT500 and GTP is an abyss given the speed of LMP1, then it is even less relevant that the GT-ONE, which, like the CLK, was essentially a prototype, is slightly faster than this technique of one era and close regulations. After all, whatever one may say, the TS020 of 1998 and 1999 is essentially the same car with improvements no more than the EVO package and adaptation for the transition to GTP, although it was clear to everyone that already in 1998 it was a pure GTP like the 911-GT1.

Last edited:
It's better than gt7s but that's about it. Gt7's "career" is an actual insult to the series

FM is disappointing but at least engaging
Competely agree with you. I don't know what kind of lunatic won't agree with that fact. Win 3 races = get 3 cars dopamine similator, at least GT Cafe is a nice addition, albeit too centered.

I already have all 3 of the Jaguars required for the extra menu book and getting a legends car as a reward is great, GT-ONE is much cheaper than I expected it to be, and we got a new quasi endurance race that seems to be much worse than the existing le mans or sardegna or spa grind race but still somewhat acceptable.

I'll take it.

Edit: also lol at the European clubman cup Nurb adjustment, that weirded me out when I first saw it and I always thought it was bizarrely low.

Last edited:
Do you have any evidence of what was written other than words?
Uhhh, sure. The 1998 and 1999 24 Hours of Le Mans entry lists, qualifying, grids, race results, and fastest laps.
If this is not relevant when the difference between the GT500 and GTP is an abyss given the speed of LMP1, then it is even less relevant that the GT-ONE, which, like the CLK, was essentially a prototype, is slightly faster than this technique of one era and close regulations. After all, whatever one may say, the TS020 of 1998 and 1999 is essentially the same car with improvements no more than the EVO package and adaptation for the transition to GTP, although it was clear to everyone that already in 1998 it was a pure GTP like the 911-GT1.
It's not relevant because you're not making anything close to the same point. And you're picking the wrong cars for yours.

A 2015 Class 1 touring car may well be faster than an 2014 Audi R18 around Fuji - although being in October rather than the more ideal May running of Super GT would have an effect - but the 2015 R18's qualifying lap for the Fuji 6hr in 2015 was 3.8 seconds faster than the GT-R cited in that Tweet, and 2.7s faster than the pole-sitting GT500. It was also third & fourth on the grid, behind two Porsche 919s.

The 2016 R18 was almost four seconds faster than the polesitting 2016 Super GT car - the Calsonic GT-R - in that year's races at Fuji. Crucially, both of these are the cars which are actually in the game. A 2014 LMP1-H R18 and a 2015 Super GT GT-R are not.

And that's not relevant to the point that the GT-One is so much faster than the CLK-LM around Le Mans that the CLK-LM won't even score gold in a GT7 time trial. The F1 GTR wouldn't score bronze.

Competely agree with you. I don't know what kind of lunatic won't agree with that fact. Win 3 races = get 3 cars dopamine similator, at least GT Cafe is a nice addition, albeit too centered.
GT7 Cafe would have been a fantastic feature alongside a proper GT campaign.

When it is the campaign? Not so much. The fact that some cafe menus consist of "buy thing" is terrible

Forza may lack racecar events, but at least you've got what, 25 constructors championships?

Uhhh, sure. The 1998 and 1999 24 Hours of Le Mans entry lists, qualifying, grids, race results, and fastest laps.

It's not relevant because you're not making anything close to the same point. And you're picking the wrong cars for yours.

A 2015 Class 1 touring car may well be faster than an 2014 Audi R18 around Fuji - although being in October rather than the more ideal May running of Super GT would have an effect - but the 2015 R18's qualifying lap for the Fuji 6hr in 2015 was 3.8 seconds faster than the GT-R cited in that Tweet, and 2.7s faster than the pole-sitting GT500. It was also third & fourth on the grid, behind two Porsche 919s.

The 2016 R18 was almost four seconds faster than the polesitting 2016 Super GT car - the Calsonic GT-R - in that year's races at Fuji. Crucially, both of these are the cars which are actually in the game. A 2014 LMP1-H R18 and a 2015 Super GT GT-R are not.

And that's not relevant to the point that the GT-One is so much faster than the CLK-LM around Le Mans that the CLK-LM won't even score gold in a GT7 time trial. The F1 GTR wouldn't score bronze.
It's funny that you mention the 2015 GTR and the 2014 R18, but that's not the point at all, the point is that the prototype of the highest category of LeMans goes at the pace of the "silhouette" which has a much more modest L\D and power, not to mention already about the cost, etc., and when the same “GT500” car is placed in Gr2, it doesn’t bother you, despite the fact that there is no 2014 R18 in the game, but there is a GR010, which is also slower than the 2016 GTR. Speaking of qualifying times, you are also trying to create wishful thinking, because you have no evidence that track conditions are more favorable in May than in October, right? The record time for the GT500 is currently set in late autumn, and the time set by the GTR in 2015 was with sucess weight, but for some reason you forgot about that, although this is not about that at all, but about the fact that the pace of the GT500 is much higher than that of TS020, but for some reason you are attached specifically to the GT-One, although its close relatives CLK and F1LT are located precisely in Gr2)))

but that's not the point at all
Yes, that's rather what I'm trying to tell you.
the point is that the prototype of the highest category of LeMans goes at the pace of the "silhouette"
Of two cars - and car categories - not even represented in the game, and neither of which are the 1999 Toyota GT-One or the 1998 CLK-LM, or 1997 F1 GTR in the comparison that you're apparently objecting to - despite confusing the '99 GT-One for the much slower '98 one.
Speaking of qualifying times, you are also trying to create wishful thinking, because you have no evidence that track conditions are more favorable in May than in October, right?

Air temperature for 2015 Super GT qualifying: 27 degree. Air temperature for 2015 Fuji 6hr qualifying: 16 degrees.
The record time for the GT500 is currently set in late autumn, and the time set by the GTR in 2015 was with sucess weight, but for some reason you forgot about that
Again, why is it always "you forgot about"? It's not relevant - that was the pole position time. And again, on the wrong car.
although this is not about that at all, but about the fact that the pace of the GT500 is much higher than that of TS020
There's no direct comparison. The cars never raced together or ever on the same track.
but for some reason you are attached specifically to the GT-One
Nope. Please don't make more crap up than you already have.
although its close relatives CLK and F1LT are located precisely in Gr2
And again, they are so far off the pace of the 1999 Toyota GT-One that they wouldn't score gold or bronze respectively in a GT7 time trial.

Which was literally the point in the article and what you got wrong in your initial objection - I presume because you confused the updated '99 car with the '98 one that raced with the CLK-LM and was only three seconds faster (by its fastest time, set in practice rather than qualifying, which TTE used for long runs)...

I think something people are missing here is that different racecars have different pace at different tracks. Comparing one track and claiming that sets the standard for everywhere isn't accurate.

And, as Famine mentioned. Conditions matter greatly. This even applies outside of the world of racecars. People will use nurburgring times to compare cars and yet the conditions and settings under which they happen vary greatly (plus the cheating cough cough Nissan cough cough)

I think something people are missing here is that different racecars have different pace at different tracks. Comparing one track and claiming that sets the standard for everywhere isn't accurate.

And, as Famine mentioned. Conditions matter greatly. This even applies outside of the world of racecars. People will use nurburgring times to compare cars and yet the conditions and settings under which they happen vary greatly (plus the cheating cough cough Nissan cough cough)
You mean we can't compare oranges to apples ? 🤣 🤣

..... neither ever raced the 1999 car, nor were they in the same category.
That is incorrect, the F1 GTR did race the Toyota GT-One 1999 in the Fuji 1000km race of 1999, it even entered in the same category. Toyotas fastest lap was a 1:18.806, the McLarens fastest lap was a 1:25.095, pretty massive difference over that short of a lap.

Last edited:
Yes, that's rather what I'm trying to tell you.

Of two cars - and car categories - not even represented in the game, and neither of which are the 1999 Toyota GT-One or the 1998 CLK-LM, or 1997 F1 GTR in the comparison that you're apparently objecting to - despite confusing the '99 GT-One for the much slower '98 one.

Air temperature for 2015 Super GT qualifying: 27 degree. Air temperature for 2015 Fuji 6hr qualifying: 16 degrees.

Again, why is it always "you forgot about"? It's not relevant - that was the pole position time. And again, on the wrong car.

There's no direct comparison. The cars never raced together or ever on the same track.

Nope. Please don't make more crap up than you already have.

And again, they are so far off the pace of the 1999 Toyota GT-One that they wouldn't score gold or bronze respectively in a GT7 time trial.

Which was literally the point in the article and what you got wrong in your initial objection - I presume because you confused the updated '99 car with the '98 one that raced with the CLK-LM and was only three seconds faster (by its fastest time, set in practice rather than qualifying, which TTE used for long runs)...

There are a lot of letters but little meaning, and you still haven’t explained why the faster GT500 my16 is in Gr2, and the slower ones, such as the Audi R18 MY11 and GR010, are in Gr1. Just don’t need stories with temperature, denying the impact on SC speed and other things (although this doesn’t matter because the GT500 is faster anyway), this attempt has already failed, try better to try to prove that the GT500 is driving at the pace of hybrid LMP1 and especially private LMP1, slower than TS020 from the 90s))).

There are a lot of letters but little meaning
Yeah, not a shocker you'd disengage at this point.
and you still haven’t explained why the faster GT500 my16 is in Gr2, and the slower ones, such as the Audi R18 MY11 and GR010, are in Gr1
I don't need to because that's not anything related to anything I actually said. This whole GT500 thing is something you brought up because apparently by not mentioning them I'd forgotten about them and was underestimating the Class 1 cars.

The 2016 GT500s in the game are four seconds a lap slower around Fuji - the track you picked - than the 2016 Audi R18 in the game. I don't know why you brought up the 2014 Audi R18 and the 2015 Super GTs, although I can guess.

My point - which you objected to originally - remains that the 1999 Toyota GT-One is significantly faster than the 1998 Mercedes CLK-LM and 1997 McLaren F1 GTR that it now sits in a category with. A 2015 Super GT car which isn't in the game still isn't relevant to that.

the F1 GTR did race the Toyota GT-One 1999 in the Fuji 1000km race of 1999
Ah yes, the privateer 025R. That entered Super GT (ironically) later on if I remember right.

And yes, more than six seconds off. Inside bronze at least, I guess.

Ah yes, the privateer 025R. That entered Super GT (ironically) later on if I remember right.

Yes, 25R raced in JGTC/SuperGT and last scored a podium finish in 2002. Would have been a win if not for the blown tyre! It was way off pace when it returned briefly at 2005 though.

On a side note, Car customisation at GT Auto only gives me a black screen with the spinning GT logo after the update. Is it the same for everyone?

I don't need to because that's not anything related to anything I actually said. This whole GT500 thing is something you brought up because apparently by not mentioning them I'd forgotten about them and was underestimating the Class 1 cars.

The 2016 GT500s in the game are four seconds a lap slower around Fuji - the track you picked - than the 2016 Audi R18 in the game. I don't know why you brought up the 2014 Audi R18 and the 2015 Super GTs, although I can guess.

My point - which you objected to originally - remains that the 1999 Toyota GT-One is significantly faster than the 1998 Mercedes CLK-LM and 1997 McLaren F1 GTR that it now sits in a category with. A 2015 Super GT car which isn't in the game still isn't relevant to that.

And yet, the absence of a 2015 car does not mean that the 2016 car (GTR-GT500) is a car of the same regulations, the same aerodynamic configuration and similar characteristics (due to engine development and tire wars), right? And yet you are trying to emphasize that the 2015 GTR is different from the 2016 model. We won’t say that only in 2017 the GT500 banned a special L\D aero body kit for Fuji, reduced the height of the diffuser by half and shortened the length of the splitter and further, but as we all know, this did not stop manufacturers from compensating for the loss of downforce and aerodynamic efficiency , conclusion, the 2016 GTR is faster than the 2015 GTR, and even more so than the R18 MY11 and GR010 in real life, a fact, but for some reason the GTR is in Gr2 and the R18 and GR010 are in GR1, also a fact...
1711645352620.jpeg
1711645052599.jpeg
1711645082146.jpeg
1711645008306.jpeg

"I demand that you defend this point you didn't make, to distract from my mistake in trying to refute the one you did make", was the refrain for a fourth time.
No, I only modestly hinted that the presence of the TS020 in Gr2 is no less inappropriate than the presence of 2016 GT500 cars in Gr2, but I think you already understood this, and took it with hysteria as if I was watching you to correct and insult you, hmm ..

Heh. "That's not quite true" is apparently not an attempt at correction. And a hyper-correction at that.

Well, the 155 V6 Ti also mops the floor with the other Gr.4 cars, and...

I can understand why the GT-One is a Gr.2 car, this is, at least to my understanding, because the GTP cars are an evolution of the GT1 cars from 1998 and before (which is why 1998 was a transitional year and the car is even called GT-One). Also notice that the GT-One does not gain much power from upgrades, and its final PP rating is inferior to the 2016 Super GT cars, so, within the scope of the game, I'd say it's balanced... If it got put into Gr.1, it might not even break 900PP.

Back