Gran Turismo Sport will have a stage event at Sony's Tokyo Game Show

• Thread starter Vspectra
  • 41 comments
vspectra06
vspectra06

So what's a two year old Sony game doing with a stage event alongside all new not-yet-released games? đź’ˇ Spec 2.0 incoming! :P

https://gematsu.com/2019/09/sony-announces-tgs-2019-lineup

PlayStation Presents Live Show at TGS 2019 Titles - TGS runs from September 12 to 15

These are the titles Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Asia will feature stage events for at the PlayStation booth, which will be live streamed on YouTube and Twitch. A full schedule will be announced at a later date.

• Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (SIE)
  • Death Stranding (SIE)
  • Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot (Bandai Namco)
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake (Square Enix)
  • Gran Turismo Sport (SIE)
  • Nioh 2 (Koei Tecmo)
  • Project Resistance (Capcom)
  • Yakuza: Like a Dragon (Sega)

Last edited:
What is the communal obsession with Spec 2 as opposed to just a regular update? Does a fancy name completely change the game?
I would imagine this will be more detail about the Michelin partnership as it gives them a broader audience to show it to.

What is the communal obsession with Spec 2 as opposed to just a regular update? Does a fancy name completely change the game?
I would imagine this will be more detail about the Michelin partnership as it gives them a broader audience to show it to.

It's most likely nothing and just people racing against each other like a mini-FIA championship.

Interesting! Gonna watch this with interest, but keep my expectations on the down low :)

I'm expecting some mini live event and maybe more introduction on the Michelin partnership. But we'll see :D

Sony won’t hold a traditional press conference at TGS. So this will most likely be some Esports event.

The first time we see anything next-gen GT related. Will likely be at the official PS5 reveal early next year. That said, it would be cool to eventually get a Spec II release, to have all content on physical media. Even though I’m personally all-digital.

Sony won’t hold a traditional press conference at TGS. So this will most likely be some Esports event.

The first time we see anything next-gen GT related. Will likely be at the official PS5 reveal early next year. That said, it would be cool to eventually get a Spec II release, to have all content on physical media. Even though I’m personally all-digital.

This. Though I do think PD might announce GTS being "content complete" soonish so they can set the expectations regarding the future of GTS straight AND fully focus on 7/Sport2.

PSJIHcM.png

FIA Gran Turismo Championship Saturday 14 13:40 ~ 14:20

https://www.jp.playstation.com/events/tgs/stage-broadcasting-program/

Last edited:
I want a new intro movie with Daiki Kasho and I want them to showcase all the new cars and tracks they’ve added in updates. Just like GT5 Spec 2.0.

I want a new intro movie with Daiki Kasho and I want them to showcase all the new cars and tracks they’ve added in updates. Just like GT5 Spec 2.0.
Yeah, pretty much this. The current opening is outdated with all these new cars and tracks since. And it's most likely why Daiki's been at Nightbird back in May.

And i want 6 winning lottery numbers, but hey-ho.
As my late mother used to say, "I want never gets".

I don't want an intro, especially one which keeps harping on about world tours everytime yo you boot up the game.

Is that confirmed? That would mean Yamauchi is not going to be in Salzburg for the World Tour...

It would be impossible for him to present the Manufacturer Series trophies in Salzburg at 9pm on September 13th and arrive in Tokyo by 2pm on September 14th - it'd be a minimum 12hr flight and a 7hr time difference. Given that there's no direct flights, it would also be impossible for him to leave Tokyo at 2.30pm on September 14th and be back in Salzburg to present the Nations Cup trophies at 9pm. He can only do one of the events...

Is that confirmed? That would mean Yamauchi is not going to be in Salzburg for the World Tour...

It would be impossible for him to present the Manufacturer Series trophies in Salzburg at 9pm on September 13th and arrive in Tokyo by 2pm on September 14th - it'd be a minimum 12hr flight and a 7hr time difference. Given that there's no direct flights, it would also be impossible for him to leave Tokyo at 2.30pm on September 14th and be back in Salzburg to present the Nations Cup trophies at 9pm. He can only do one of the events...
YAM is test driver / car physics for GT and does commentary also for GT in Japanese. He is a GT alien too.

Mabe Honda will fly them in there Business jet
636449303027152282-Honda.jpg

...Okay, we get it, guys. The intro is not that important. No need to go all-in on it. >_>;

Still think the current intro is boring compared to 5 and 6, though.

Back