Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 10,366 comments
Slot 1 in Oceania. Door 14.

Qualy went ok. Logged a 54.0 on my 5th flying lap for Q5. Pole was a 53.8.

5 laps is short but intense. Very little opportunity for overtaking. P4 got a bit sideways through the bus stop on lap 3 and I managed to stick the move around the outside of the long sweeper! Then spent 2.5 laps on the bumper of the car in front, but despite me having superior pace, he kept his car on the racing line and so overtaking was effectively impossible. Finished p4 for 220 points. It was a really enjoyable race but too short and could have done with a pit strategy to allow changes of position.

And as previously mentioned, these cars are remarkably different with fuel load. Way more stable and easier to keep balanced.

Good luck everyone, make the most of your 10 minute qualifying.

Why only 5 laps?! That was the best 10 mins of GTWS in a long time.

GT2 Europe, very very low B/S lobby. Always nice to load in and get the #16 board - anything other than DFL is a win. Went out last in quali and had clear air the whole session. Ended up 8th with a 56 flat, maybe could’ve had 5th. Had the BB all the way forward, that was a bit much. Dialed it back to 3 after the first lap of the race.

IMG_4254.jpeg

Would have liked a grid start but rolling was probably safer. Survived turn 1 and picked up a place through the esses. Gave it back next lap with a track limits penalty. Fighting most of the race with a handful of others for the last podium spot. All very clean and respectful.

IMG_4255.jpeg

IMG_4256.jpeg

Race over far too soon, finished in 6th place.

Please PD, give us a proper championship race (or series) with these cars. A decent number of laps, a couple of tyre compounds, maybe some rain. It’s not rocket science to figure this out.

This race really highlights the need for Daily B and Daily C to have more variety in car choice.

Both because this car is incredibly fun to drive so it'd be nice to have more opportunity, and also because it's clear from my races at least that people are too used to modern downforce levels and don't know how to drive cars without it - there has been cars losing the rear and crashing all over the place in the races I've done so far.

Good first effort. Started 14th, finished 9th. Guy who finished ahead in 8th took me out 3 times in the same race, including penultimate lap when he braked on the start finish straight, after putting me off at the bus stop on lap 1 sending me from 11th to 15th, and taking me out by swerving left before the bus stop when I was driving past him on lap 3.

Really hate people like that, I'm so glad I didn't retaliate and take him out. I should have done, but didn't wanna stoop that that level of pettiness over 8th/9th places.

Very close racing all round though, once I got past the pack and jumped from 15th to 9th it was much easier to find pace away from everyone else scrambling. 78 points, might hold there as I don't wanna risk them and I'll be honest, looking at my laptimes I don't think this would end up as one of my 4 best results anyway no matter how much free practice I do? I'll see how I go and maybe try again later. Very fun car though.

Race #1 , door #9, 67 points for the win

Quali went ok, got P4 with a 1:55.759

18efad77f8c35-screenshotUrl.jpg

Race started good, P3 had a slight slip in Turn 3 so P3 for me. Managed to close the gap to P2 and overtook him at the Toe ( he left the door wide open).

In Lap 3 the leader spun out on the left curb in Turn 3 which handed me P1.

Gap to P2 was betweeen .6 and 1.5s and managed to get it home. My hands were wet in the last lap 😂

Didn't expect such a great race tbh but the car and track combo is a lot of fun. Only wish would be that the race was longer.

18efad79d3c20-screenshotUrl.jpg

18efad7b96610-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
GT2, EMEA, mid-low B/S (jeez, it feels like I recently advanced to B and now it looks middish)

First slot, 83 points race, door 7
Mistakes on the quali laps made me drop from early 2nd to 8th as I wasn't able to pull off the later laps together (time was 55.6).

Start was good I managed to gain two positions in first corner, but someone pushed me outside in the bus stop on lap 2 and I dropped to 13th. Advanced in the field from people's mistakes (penalties) and overshooting corners. Was 9th on the last lap and watched the two ahead fighting for position. Nothing harsh but they just slowed themselves in the last corner enough that with my good exit out of it I overtook them both on the straight to finish 7th.

Second slot, 87 points race, door 7 again
This time I made mistakes in the first laps of qualifying, but at the end I managed a decent lap of 55.1 which was enough for 2nd spot on the grid.

Me and the poleman quickly made the gap to 3rd and were racing together the whole time. Well, he was clearly first and I had nothing on him. He bumped the wall in the last corner of the penultimate lap and that allowed me to get inside 0.5 second of him, but he pulled race fastest lap on the final one so I just calmly finished 2nd.
GTWS24-Nations2-result.jpg

83 points is very good haul and not really expected in such sprint format race for me, so I'll gladly take it.
Also my first CRB in the online races, so cool!

GTWS24-Nations2-podium.jpg

And as previously mentioned, these cars are remarkably different with fuel load. Way more stable and easier to keep balanced.
I think that's why I was disoriented when I did the first slot just now. The turd RA272 is actually much more calmer than in free practise and qualifying.
But man why does the slots have to remain the same for a short race...

A decent race!

Thanks to the recent Cranwick (@Cherryturbo) memorial races I was up to speed (relatively speaking) in the car quickly.
I had a strong lobby for my DR. 12th place would see me gain points on my R1 score.
I managed to break into the 56's on my penultimate qualy run which only gave me P10.
Some slowcoach obviously didn't see the go or had some other issue. Either way I gained a place before T1. It all seemed calm ahead with a few casual drifts into the Bus Stop but nobody had any issues. I concertinaed into the Chute and I nipped up the inside of a German. For the next couple of laps we were line astern.
621c191ebc7adb3fd2830baaa1a6d214_photo.webp

It looked like I could have pulled away from the Brit ahead but passing is another thing. They had just enough pace that I couldn't manage it. Lap 3 and I run wide through the Outer Loop and pick up a pen which thankfully I can serve right away. The German is able to get past. Lap 4 and a car is in the barrier after the Bus Stop. Then the Brit brakes too late into the Chute and finds the barrier we both get past them. The German has enough pace to keep me at bay. A Russian catches up and has a look into the Bus Stop but there is no way past, they then wobble coming out giving me space and a breather for the rest of the lap. I come home P7 for decent points and a handy DR gain. Such good cars to drive.

Oh hear I’ve heard about this but don’t actually know the full details. Am I right that X driver drove in a top split race in the EMEA region?
I heard it was (allegedly) a South American player who has qualified for multiple live finals using a account he has been known to use before in the 4th split of EMEA.

Of course to give him the benefit of doubt it's possible that he has given the account to somebody else so no rules were broken, if Gran Turismo were bothered they could easily find out if that account was playing on the same console as the same one which is being used in the other region, I suspect they won't though and hope it blows over or he doesn't qualify.

Lobby B/S Region EU.
At the start, the game simply let the first place go by 5 seconds.

I had this exact same thing with my race on Wed at LeMans. I posted about it, but Q1 and Q2 (me) started the race normally whereas literally everyone else was stuck ghosted and barely moving. Some were moving faster than others (and when I say faster they were going 3mph vs 1mph), were all ghosted, and on top of each other by the time their race started.

By the time they got moving, they were ~15 seconds behind me in P2. Ruined their races and ruined mine too. Lesser of evils for me of course but now I am only racing one other person rather than the field.

Fix your game, PD.

Last edited:
No, EU is my main region.
In the 2nd race everything went fine. Perhaps the person who started 2nd had problems with the Internet
Oh sorry, I thought you were the car in 2nd. My bad.

I’ve seen this sometimes when there’s a lot of lag for a car and it holds up everyone behind that car. Just terrible from PD. It feels like every time they do an update they re-introduce a bunch of problems they have previously solved.

Had something similar in a weekly race. Deep Forrest group 4. I started in the back and the guy behind me and myself where just stuck. Started after everyone was already on the backstraight 😂

GT2 B/S.

I went into this with the mindset of just surviving and hope for the best.

Started in P8. A couple of people lost control and spun off, but nothing dirty in the race and not as much chaos as I expected. Probably got lucky with a lobby of people behaving for a change. Finished P6.

Preaching to the choir obviously but why not ten laps at the very least with a tire change? I'd take the mandatory Watkins Glen pit entry penalty over a Daily Race B format.

That's probably it for me until Daytona, not a fan of Trial Mountain or Maggiore.

Last edited:
Anyone else stuck loading the 1pm lobby? Practice finished at 1pm, then I was stuck on a loading screen with a spinning GT loader in the bottom right.
Guess no one else, good news is it didn't lose me any DR, SR or my best points so far. I left it stuck like that for over an hour in case it was like the delays we had before and I'd find myself in a 3 car race. Never did finish, so in the end did a reboot to get out the state.

Any devs from PD listening? I might have a bug report for you. It just so happens, at the exact moment practice finished I was crossing the line to set a new PB. I had my eyes on both clocks anxiously wondering if I'd make it to the line in time. As it finished I couldn't tell either way if I'd made it or not. I only found after rebooting later and going back in that the lap had counted and I had a new PB.

Lobby in Japan, GT2.

18efc3c8b8e86-screenshotUrl.jpg

Hi guys, just want to share my happiness.

Not the greatest quali, started 5th but managed to finish 1st with the FL at 1.55 with clean air for the first time on the last lap!

Very happy with the result as this is my first nations cup and I've been playing GT for less than a year.

I hope to one day make it to DR A but I still have so much to improve!

One of the best parts was doing it with one of my favorite cars in the game (I only race in VR). Saw it in person just a few weeks ago in Tokyo for the Suzuka GP event (this one was a RA271)

20240403_160449.jpg

Last edited:
Why only 5 laps?! That was the best 10 mins of GTWS in a long time.
I had this exact same thing with my race on Wed at LeMans. I posted about it, but Q1 and Q2 (me) started the race normally whereas literally everyone else was stuck ghosted and barely moving. Some were moving faster than others (and when I say faster they were going 3mph vs 1mph), were all ghosted, and on top of each other by the time their race started.

By the time they got moving, they were ~15 seconds behind me in P2. Ruined their races and ruined mine too. Lesser of evils for me of course but now I am only racing one other person rather than the field.

Fix your game, PD.
I strongly agree on this, why only 5 laps? The qualifier will take longer time!
And for all these reasons, I’m just not bothering, yet again.

I was so excited for the new season, and I missed Wednesday but thought today would be a great time. Then I saw it is only five laps on a track that is not very kind to sprints. And now people are having the freezing issues again? This just feels insulting! Race C a couple of weeks ago in the rain was so much better than this garbage. I love the Honda but this is such an afterthought of a setup that I don’t even feel like practicing for it.

If PD is trying to interest casual players by accommodating them more, I can definitely say that they are losing committed players in exchange.

Just . . . oy!

Last edited:
Two attempts at that is enough for me. Driving the RA272 in VR is fun. Racing the thing, especially in a race that's not even 10 minutes long? Maybe that's fun for others but it's not really my thing. This combo is too chaotic for my liking, especially when it's being pushed as 110% pure sprint.

First attempt went to hell on lap 4. I'd qualified P6, lost a position in the race and then ended up dead last after the car destablised through the bus stop and went into the wall.

My second attempt had me starting P3, but I had to bail out and take avoiding action at turn 1 after P2 broke earlier and/or harder than I was expecting. That dropped me all the way back down to P14, but I did eventually work back up to P6 somehow. Just death and penalties everywhere.

I had a Russian calling me dirty after the race ended which surprised me, saying I'd pushed him into the wall. After checking the replay, he's talking about this:

I thought I'd caught something briefly flashing on the radar but I was so focused on trying to avoid the French driver that I had no idea what happened. I don't think that was my fault? :confused: (Click here to see my actual POV mid-race.)

I dread to think where my DR will be at the end of the season. It's still in near freefall. :guilty:

Last edited:
To be fair @Bullwinkle this is the most pick up and play race of the series.

From what we know so far sweaty gr2 and gr1 are far from casual player to be remotely on the pace.

Crap race length I agree but definitely more open to the casual on a controller with assists on. No judgement from me on those but it does make it easier for some people especially that can't dedicate time or do 30 lap races in the rain at le Mann (dramatic effect)

That all said this 3 slot stuff is awful. It shows how few people there actually is in A and above rated lobbies. That they have to limit the entry to force the numbers is crazy quite honestly

To be fair @Bullwinkle this is the most pick up and play race of the series.

From what we know so far sweaty gr2 and gr1 are far from casual player to be remotely on the pace.

Crap race length I agree but definitely more open to the casual on a controller with assists on. No judgement from me on those but it does make it easier for some people especially that can't dedicate time or do 30 lap races in the rain at le Mann (dramatic effect)

That all said this 3 slot stuff is awful. It shows how few people there actually is in A and above rated lobbies. That they have to limit the entry to force the numbers is crazy quite honestly
What's the point in having 1 'pick up and play' combo though if the points tallies 3 out of 6 rounds?

Realistically, it's just laziness. Most of these combos are lifted straight from the previous finals, lap counter and weather included. This 5 lapper was one of them.
They didn't care, they're just phoning it in. I think anything other than that is making excuses for them not trying.

What's the point in having 1 'pick up and play' combo though if the points tallies 3 out of 6 rounds?

Realistically, it's just laziness. Most of these combos are lifted straight from the previous finals, lap counter and weather included. This 5 lapper was one of them.
They didn't care, they're just phoning it in. I think anything other than that is making excuses for them not trying.
Absolutely fair and I said that it wasn't good even if we neglect the race format the slots are a joke for Mediocre A like myself.

Im not defending things but trying to rationalise what is bloody awful.

Absolutely fair and I said that it wasn't good even if we neglect the race format the slots are a joke for Mediocre A like myself.

Im not defending things but trying to rationalise what is bloody awful.
Yeah it sucks. For this to be the OFFICIAL season I think is well and truly an embarrassment. Six races, most of which are duplicates of the last run, is a joke of an exhibition season - let alone an official.

It's one of those things that is so objectively lazy and poor that it demotivates me to play entirely. I struggle to want to bother to play their game when they don't bother to make it fun.

Probably not important to a lot of you but every time there are World Series events the daily races suffer in lobby connection quality.

It might be the WS brings out more people but I'd guess it's more throttling on PDs part.

I just think genuinely it's poor, as a person wanting one last go the server gave an error cheers for that...

I've done nearly 5000 races almost all flawlessly yet this meme race comes up and I can barely log in???

Race 1: GT2 Midday
So so qualy lap put me 8th, briefly moved upto 7th when the car ahead was caught napping at the start, but he'd got the place back by the end of the lap. Pretty unspectacular from here, picked up one place for a spinner, lost one to a faster car coming through, finished 8th.

Of course I'm going again, this car's too much fun to drive to stop after just one race.

Race 2: GT2 3pm
Messed the first qualy lap up with a track limits penalty on turn 1. But lap 2 was a blinder 1:54.0xx, within 0.05s of my best ever lap. It took me the best part of the rest of the next lap to realise it had put me in provisional P1.

With a such a good lap in the bag the next couple of laps I tried some crazy things to find more time, not surprisingly they didn't work. A minute or two to go I'm pushed back to P2, there I stay for the race.

Nice clean start from the two of us up front, and lucky for me P3 & P4 were squablling through the first two turns giving me a nice big safety margin before we're a quarter of the way through the first lap.

Watkins Glen Long Course_.jpeg

I missed a chance to grab the lead when P1 picked up a penalty when he ran wide at the second to last turn, because I followed him off and also got a penalty. Overall he had the better pace, but occassionally slipped up giving me a whiff of a chance, before he'd pull away again. And that was that, very happy with P2 and big haul of points.

Watkins Glen Long Course__2.jpeg

Last edited:
Back