Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 10,947 comments
Decided to stay in GT1 this season. Top split in GT2 last nation season were faster.

Chose Jag this season. In the race with @Moose78.
Had a great quali that was 2 seconds faster than my practice session, so pleasantly surprise.
IMG_2680.jpeg

Race went well. Survived turn 1. Managed to leave the GP in P2.
Stayed p2 the whole race. Pitted lap two with the leaders and chose not to take tires. The Jag was good on tires, esp compared to M6 in the lead. Overall, good clean race and happy with the results.

IMG_2682.jpeg

Last edited:
1:39:753 with the Megane Trophy '11 and I drifted the last corner lol. Yet again I stuffed up. But I know I can get at least a 1:38 flat!

Attachments

• 20240509_205229.jpg
    20240509_205229.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Race 1 – Ford GT 18

Not much to report. Q2 behind an M6. It was all I could do to keep up with him, but eventually clipped the grass on an exit which sent by car into a glancing blow with Barry R. Down to P3 now behind a McLaren. I’d catch and pass the McLaren down Dottenger but the M6 was now almost five seconds up. Pretty much stayed that way until it was time to pit. I decided to not take tires in hopes of being able to leap frog P1 but it didn’t happen. I was able to keep him close at first but eventually he walked away and I finished about the same 4.5-5s back. P2

Race 2 – Ford GT 18

Started on pole ahead of a BRZ. Was able to get away a little and create a bit of a gap as those behind fought a little. After pitting the BRZ didn’t take tires so he was ~3s back. But even the BRZ couldn’t keep pace with the Ford on new tires. About half way thru, the gap was up to ~5s and then he disconnected. Cruise control from there. P1.

b22e7c9b0b5fe89ea08510538a2a6a8a_photo.webp

7399ccdc9cba1adbd8a4a083b20e0123_photo.webp

bb6cb315276e8bae08455c4b1694958c_photo.webp

3ab9e3e4dac87c368be99709ce4d1859_photo.webp

Race 3 – Ford GT LM II Test Car

I think this car might be better than the LM II Race Car now but I’d need to do more testing. Started Q1 ahead of a Porsche. Went a little deep at T1 which, and got a bump from the Porsche… was my fault but onward we go. I wasn’t able to lose the Porsche until the clipped the grass on the outside just after the carousel and spun. P3 was now P2 but this bought me some breathing room.

After the pits, a BRZ did the same thing as previous race and didn’t get tires. Came out ~3s back and the gap stayed between 3-3.5s back until close to the end where I started taking it a bit easy. By Dottenger he was ~1.75 back but the Ford GT LM is a rocket and opened up the gap quite a bit before the braking zone. P1.

2c025f4f45c1c4cdaf4252560d1dc33f_photo.webp

8d12b619f7551648dc6bf4f324dd708b_photo.webp

7c7134f1f65a7ca1ad9c276e90eb4848_photo.webp

42b1f1f9e827a3057d7779d326317b90_photo.webp

Race 4 – Vette

The Vette is pretty decent here. Q1 with an Argentinian in an AMG really close time-wise. As the race kicks off that same AMG was pretty quick and on my tail for the first ~1.25 laps. He had a decent run coming out of Dottenger lap one but the Vette has some top end now (finally!) and when the AMG pulled out to make the pass it hit that brick wall of air and wasn’t quite able to get along side. Credit to the driver, he backed out before the braking zone.

Lap two I made an error, going through Adenaur Forst (?) a bit too quick and went off track. Just enough to be annoying and the AMG went by. Really annoying as that is a mistake I don’t make unless I am really pushing on a TT lap. Anyway, guess I can’t say that anymore.

The off wasn’t enough to hit a wall, just all four on the grass so now I am chasing said AMG. He makes a couple minor mistakes in the remaining lap (a couple missed apexes and skimmed against the barrier) and when we hit Dottenger I was ~.850” back. I was able to catch and make the pass right as the downhill section began and made it stick. Dive into the pits as the AMG driver… doesn’t? Guess my man didn’t know of the mandatory pit stop.

Well, he’s no longer a threat but none-the-less I pop out of the pits after taking tires not too far ahead of a Porsche that didn’t. So it wasn’t over yet but with the new tires I was able to mind the gap crossing the line in P2 but promoted to P1 after the AMG driver took his one min pen (ironically, AMG driver still finished like P7… that’s Nord for ya!).

b1d9751d51cb5a5a20cbe8d88261a595_photo.webp

dccc0bcf5f538a310953e01c594f2058_photo.webp

7087bc5c80159dfdd4cbb25a8506d9e1_photo.webp

6bce77c33279df634f1fc7e17ab227cd_photo.webp

Race 5 – Porsche

In TT I was able to get the Porsche into the 8:06s so I picked them for Manu on this account. I had thought the racing times were 6:00, 8:00, and 10:00 only to log on for the 8:00 race to find it’s 7:00, 9:00, and 11:00. Guess 9:00 slot it is but I am usually getting pretty tired by 9:00 as I wake up early for work. We need more time slots, PD. 11:00 at night on a Wed as one of only three options?! Give me a friggen break.

Anyway, as it seems when Nord is on the docket I do so many of them by the time I get to the last race I am mentally – and physically by 9:00 – fatigued. I feel like I was fighting above my weight class based on some of the names in the lobby, DRs ranging from ~60k-75k. I was in a lobby with two streamers I watch so that was cool. Not a great quali with a Q11. Race was meh. Got passed on T1 by a Ferrari around the outside. I am often too careful at T1 but it was a good move from him so fair play. Some people crashed, some racing, just putting in the laps. I was pressuring the blue Ferrari but didn’t have the pace to get passed.

A red Ferrari driver spun and I got by but he was really fast so caught back up. I honestly just let him go as I was worried he’d hit me so I figure just let him passed and he can go harass the blue Ferrari that is ahead. Fast forward to lap four and the red Ferrari clipped the grass and almost lost the car, but in the meantime came back on track and hit me. You're welcome for letting you by and thanks for that. No good deed goes unpunished. Now I am damaged and a sitting duck to an RX-V behind on Dottenger. Should’ve finished P8 but finished P10.

0c3a522b59d276317f1e345c226f8738_photo.webp

1c998d1a6da5d9401f61e05188e62063_photo.webp

Hindsight is always 20/20 but a little disappointed in picking Porsche for the primary as I put a lot of eggs in the Nord basket and it didn't work out as I was hoping (some my fault, and some not). We needed some rain as that seems to help me a lot! Deep Forrest and Daytona would've catered much better to Ford or Chevy as I think the Porsche will really struggle at Daytona (which I plan to do!). Hoping for rain at Fuji as the Porsche will shine there but we shall see.

Anyway, three more cars (Ford GT 18, Ford LM Test, Vette) earned their get-a-win-at-Nord-during-a-WS-race badge similar to that below... so at least I got that goin' for me. Looking forward to reading all your races and catching up on some streams!

30f99fc11215d48d7819b3fa7c735f31_photo.webp

Last edited:
Sloppy run for me. Lot of mistakes, but it seems like others had worse go at it then myself.

View attachment 1353934

One of the photogs had a drone up and caught this spin at the end of lap 2 just before the second carousel thingee

Full writeup to come in a couple days. Surprised to see (3) of us Ferrari drivers on the grid 😎
Looks like the optimal line to me.

Second attempt GT2 slot.

Q8

That Porsche passed me 2 times during the race, that car seem a lot faster then mine. he crashes and get back at us. I'm ok letting him pass, I try to give room, and this happened.

Manage to keep it together.

Race went well otherwise...

The race is almost done, P4 is within reach, but his guy is "defending", almost causing an accident.

I finished P5. 114pts

Thrilling second race yesterday , my fanatec DDPro had some conection problems during my first race start and i had to give up. (The pedal plug that stay behind the wheel base was "half" disconected. Only wheel inputs , no accel , brake or gears.) .
For the second race , i fall in a few weaker room but 1 MExican player had the exactly pace than me. What a race , i didn't do any mistake and he spun out of Flugplatz when under pressure lap 2. We stay with a 4 seconds gap till the end 32:57 total race time.
My best and pleaserfull race of 2024 season so far.
1715255984659.jpeg
1715256018520.jpeg

I did some Free Practice laps at Interlagos in the Dodge earlier this morning. Am I slow! I posted a best lap of 1:34.5, with an optimal of 1:34.2. That ranked 564th globally, but... there were less than 600 times posted, so I'm sitting in the bottom 10% of GT1 drivers (assuming the GT2/3 are tracked separately because they are driving Gr.4 cars). With my DR at the low end of the GT1 league (A at 15%), maybe this is where I should expect to be. Anyways, I'm not sure I'll even be able to run the race on Saturday, so it probably doesn't matter.

Looking at the Manu Cup standings today, I've got a short list of manufacturers to pick from next season. It seems that no GT1 drivers in Canada have picked Citroen, Jaguar, Renault, or Suzuki this season (so far).
They are tracked separately. I was 168th last night with 1:39.9xx in the gr4 McLaren. I just hope I'm able to do the race on Saturday. Should be a good one.

The Ring is my favorite track and I think the knowledge of it helped a ton.

I did 3 races, all GT2:

Main: Aston Martin
Main Alt: Jaguar
Alt Alt: AMG

I have never run Aston online and have not run Jaguar online since GTS. AMG and Porsche are my faves.

My races were pretty much all the same..... in order of race run:

Main Alt: Q4/P7. I should have had P4 but on lap 3, I looked in the rearview and saw 3 cars catching up to me. While I looked in the mirror I should have been looking for the curve up ahead. I went off and they passed. Ended in P7.

Main: Another Q4 and ended P4. Pretty tame race except the jackhat in Citroen who bumped to pass everywhere he could. I handed him some justice/revenge once I caught up to him taking the inside at the Mutkurve giving him a slight nudge. He then quit.

Alt Alt: Q3/P4. Should have been a disaster but ended up well. On lap 1, turn 4, I offed myself and ended up P14 (last). Since I knew I was strong in the car on this track, I put my head down and got to it. I eventually made my way through the field and was P3 starting lap 3 having passed a bunch of pitters. I would have had P3 but a Porsche that came out of the pits ended up catching me and I let him pass because he was much faster then I was.

Overall it was a great race and most were respectable drivers (except the Citroen driver). I pitted after lap 1 on all three races hoping to have clean track ahead. And apparently, P4 was my destiny tonight!

Last edited:
Pretty happy about this...even if it was partially due to several drivers ahead of me not making the mandatory pit stop!
Gran Turismo® 7_20240508185644.jpg

Happy about this, too, but if asked how many drivers there are in Idaho as a whole and Boundary County specifically, I'll tell you that my attorney has advised me not to answer that question.

Standings 1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My race was pretty much me vs @Mdaddio79 after the first half a lap. I figured out that l am terrible with the BMW. Every time I would reel him in, I would make a mistake. Fun race nevertheless. Results were typical for a top split GT2 slot.
View attachment 1354046

View attachment 1354047
I did take new tires when I stopped. From the replay, it looked like you did not? That Ferrari is wild, even on fresh RMs. Great race, thanks for the chase!

I did take new tires when I stopped. From the replay, it looked like you did not? That Ferrari is wild, even on fresh RMs. Great race, thanks for the chase!
No need for tires on the BMW. Grip was consistent even on last lap. That also explains why I exited the pits on your bumper.

Also, I assume you aren’t 13x SCCA Solo National Champion, Mark Daddio correct?

Anyone done laps at Interlagos yet (Gr3)? Does the car feel like it's on ice or is it just me? Even the Porsche, which is usually very stable, is all over the place.

Also of note, the slipstream is set to Custom. Better not be something crazy like the road cars at Trial Mountain of you can count me out.

Anyone done laps at Interlagos yet (Gr3)? Does the car feel like it's on ice or is it just me? Even the Porsche, which is usually very stable, is all over the place.

Also of note, the slipstream is set to Custom. Better not be something crazy like the road cars at Trial Mountain of you can count me out.
Kie complained about it too.

I watched a Kie25 practice stream and he literally said exactly the same thing as you. I'm guessing it's a combination of Hard compound and low track temp. Cars with a lot of Torque will benefit. I'm guessing the Corvette and Nissan GTR (which has always been good on hard tyres) will shine in this round.

Last edited:
Agreed, I am not a fan of that slip setting. I know some thought it was "the greatest daily C ever!!" at the time, but a couple runs of it that week and I'd had enough of the "end of back straight bowling alley." I think there was a nations race in a Ford GT last year at Deep Forest that had the same thing and it was the same problem into T1. And that was without Heavy Damage at the time.

I'd probably still do the race, but end up mad and griping about it on here 🙃

I watched a Kie25 practice stream and he literally said exactly the same thing as you. I'm guessing it's a combination of Hard compound and low track temp. Cars with a lot of Torque will benefit. I'm guessing the Corvette and Nissan GTR (which has always been good on hard tyres) will shine in this round.
You think? I'd think cars with a lot of torque would be harder to drive as you have to be able to control that low end grunt rather than the power coming on smoothly. THat being said, I think turbo cars may benefit (so long as it builds boost smoothly) as one can do the Supra trick and up-shift into 73rd gear on corner exit and just pin it.

Leaderboard is full of Ferraris... MR to help rotation and weight over the rear for exit. Plus it's like a Honda on steroids... aka torque-less and you gotta rev the beans out if it to make power. :lol:

Agreed, I am not a fan of that slip setting. I know some thought it was "the greatest daily C ever!!" at the time, but a couple runs of it that week and I'd had enough of the "end of back straight bowling alley." I think there was a nations race in a Ford GT last year at Deep Forest that had the same thing and it was the same problem into T1. And that was without Heavy Damage at the time.

I'd probably still do the race, but end up mad and griping about it on here 🙃
That crazy slip punishes you for being faster. Build a little bit of a gap on the turny bits and it's all gone come the straight.

Well round 1 was a disaster, all three slots resulted in crashing. Couldn't get a good consistent feel for this race. Never performed so bad at this and should be ashamed of myself. Not a fan of heavy damage as it doesn't keep people from driving over aggressive or reckless at times. The new bop put the NSX weight right back to how it was before the last big change for mid speed and added 7kg for high speed. What was the point of changing it in the first place? Finished P8 starting from 2nd.
Going to try and do better next race.

I have tried Interlagos and it does feel like ice. A lot of understeer push and traction loss exiting corners a lot more than how it felt on this track for the final race of last season. I tried different sensitivity settings but didn't help.

I have tried Interlagos and it does feel like ice. A lot of understeer push and traction loss exiting corners a lot more than how it felt on this track for the final race of last season. I tried different sensitivity settings but didn't help.
Yeah I've run a few laps and managed a 1.32.3 (Lexus), which was just outside the top 100 last time I was online. Probably outside 200 now. I had to turn TC on 1 or 2, I just kept losing the rear and getting frustrated. Looking forward to doing a test lobby and seeing how the tyres go.....

I did 2 races (GT2) in the RSR:

First started not bad, P2 in the qualy. Thanks to a bad start from the pole guy i i took the lead, but after the Schumacher S 2 cars pushed thru pretty aggressive. That was the point from where it only went downwards. It was a pretty crash and spin festival. And i was no exception. To make it short i finished P11 and very disappointed by my own driving.

Race 2 was much more civilized! I started from P3, but lost a position because of breaking a little to late for the 1st corner.
At Schwedenkreuz the AMG in front of me went a bit wide and i took the inside line. We had a little crash and lost one position each.

From there on it was like a procession. Pit stop after lap 2, no fuel, no new tyres.
Thanks to some minor errors i lost contact to the guys in front, but had a 4 to 5s gap to the guy behind me. But in the left hander after youtube corner i went in to fast and off the track. So the Lambo behind me could close the gab and was right behind me. I knew what was about to happen. On the long straight he just passed me with his higher top speed.
P7 in the end. I wasn't very happy with the result, but at least i showed myself that i could do better than those rubbish driving in race one.

Congrats to all with better results and thanks for the photos and vids!

Anybody knows why there are no races at 5pm and 6pm (GMT+1), like in the last Manu Cup?

I hadn't noticed the custom slipstream, and now I'm kind of dreading Saturday. I know I said the Alfa Gr.3 was going to turn me into a slipstream junkie but this wasn't what I meant.

This obsession the race planners at PD seem to have developed with supercharged death sprints infuriates me, assuming that is what they're doing. The 3 minute one-shot qualifying was already going to ramp the aggression right up in the race. With this slipstream it's likely going off the charts, and all hell will break loose. :ill:

Is a season comprised of normal races where the car doesn't suddenly feel completely different thanks to unknown physics settings really that much to ask for? With the heavy damage in GT1 to dole out mass punishment if anyone makes a mistake, this could be an absolute nightmare. :indiff:

Last edited:
The first round in wednesday was only a warm-up for me as I dislike the Nordschleife. Qualifying and racing was quite fair after a hectic start. But there must be a failure as I got door no. 4 what can only be true with 4 cars in this track... and they showed me with the racing suit of the Nations Cup which I don't like too much instead of my team colours. Anyone else with this? From now on the Manu Cup only gets better for me... 18f5a10a5ff35-screenshotUrl.jpg18f5d90f4c762-screenshotUrl.jpg

The first round in wednesday was only a warm-up for me as I dislike the Nordschleife. Qualifying and racing was quite fair after a hectic start. But there must be a failure as I got door no. 4 what can only be true with 4 cars in this track... and they showed me with the racing suit of the Nations Cup which I don't like too much instead of my team colours. Anyone else with this? From now on the Manu Cup only gets better for me... View attachment 1354272View attachment 1354273
I believe the race suit you’re shown in is based on the default colour of your car. I’m guessing your NSX is black as standard?

Back