Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 10,954 comments
I believe the race suit you’re shown in is based on the default colour of your car. I’m guessing your NSX is black as standard?
That is true. I can not remember that is has been that way before and it is a pity, not a problem. Maybe I should adjust the livery...

... and they showed me with the racing suit of the Nations Cup which I don't like too much instead of my team colours.
I believe the race suit you’re shown in is based on the default colour of your car. I’m guessing your NSX is black as standard?
I never realised that was where it came from, hence me not being bothered about my usually Green race suit being changed to Jaguar's Green. But I am completely with with gorefast's point, when in an earlier event it was replaced with Bright blue it really bugged me, as it was very distracting seeing my arms moving around in this bright colour in VR.

IMG_9977.jpeg

So I had to agonisingly turn down the offer of a seat at Chevy. One day I’ll be back. Keeping it British this year and heading over to Aston.

50/50 as to whether I’ll do Interlagos as basically it’s Saturday afternoon and we have decent weather finally and I have stuff to do!! :lol:

Just seen the comments about custom slip…! I was worried my Aston might be a bit of a sitting duck on the straights but this now looks inevitable if it’s set strong!

That is true. I can not remember that is has been that way before and it is a pity, not a problem. Maybe I should adjust the livery...
Agreed. Just another annoyance... a minor one, but an annoyance none-the-less. I much prefer my Kratos/Jester (Top Gun)/Terminator/Predator suits and helmets vs the vanilla ones that we're giving for these events.

Anyone done laps at Interlagos yet (Gr3)? Does the car feel like it's on ice or is it just me? Even the Porsche, which is usually very stable, is all over the place.

Also of note, the slipstream is set to Custom. Better not be something crazy like the road cars at Trial Mountain of you can count me out.
Everytime we've gone to Interlagos recently I've felt the surface is ice. The hard tyres do not help obviously.
Nope you race in the colours of the team you have chosen, mine being blue and white this time around. Honda's is not black so some bug happened there.

Digit Gaming is showing a real problem about " points x splits " attribution.
I think it would be fair to consider the total racing time to give points at the end of each round , regardless of the split you're racing.

I agree that this is a problem, but time allocated points is not the answer. There are several reasons, but an obvious one is that conditions can be different between splits.

The obvious answer is to assign points so that 1st in 2nd split is lower than last in top split and so on.

Bit of a late report but here we go. Chose to go with Hyundai and turns out that it might not be as bad as I anticipated. I was placed in a higher split with door #14 given to me so I expected to be a backmarker the whole time. Ended up qualifying P8 and received rear-end and left rear tyre damage just as I was exiting the GP circuit by a driver who insisted on having a clear race before starting (ugh!). Anyway, I limp it home and manage to only lose one place down the Dottinger Hohe before making my pit stop for fresh tyres and 3 seconds of damage repair. The next lap was clear air bliss and by the end of it I passed a couple who made some crashes and uh-ohs.

After the anticipated everybody-pits-on-lap-2 cycled through, I was in 10th and thinking "Yeah, not bad I guess." I was fully prepared to finish there as my tyres were seemingly a lap older than others. I'm not sure if some just refused to change tyres or what but by the end of the last lap I caught a gaggle fighting over 7th, 8th, and 9th. Happy to join in, I squeezed through some contact between them which I thought was inevitable because they be tap-tap'n everyu corner. I usually get taken out during these scraps but managed to slip through. I was then 2 seconds behind a Porsche driver until the Dottinger Hohe where I closed it up to only 1.3 seconds. Flat out, this Hyundai puuullllllllsss! I managed to swing by at the top of the hill and hold my own in the final braking zone for 7th place.

In a higher split, I'll take it. 170 points to boot! Attempting to finish in the top 7 is always the goal as it seems highly likely that DR goes up rather than down. Really fun race overall!

I won't be doing the weekend race at Interlagos so I'll see ya'll on the grid again next Wednesday! Good luck to you this weekend!

Last edited:
I am right and truly awful in this race at Interlagos. I've never been great on this circuit, but after the SuperFormula race there a couple seasons ago and the Gr.3 race there last season (where I drove the Audi), I felt like I could be somewhat competitive there. Driving the Dodge, though, I just cannot get the car to go.

I tried two lobby races for practice last night just to get a feel for how bad it would be, and it was bad -- even worse than I expected. Qualified near the back in both -- 2 seconds off pole. In both races, I just hung around the back battling it out for last place. It was horrible.

Just to rub salt in the wound, there was an A+ driver in the Viper in the lobby pulling of top-5 results. Clearly, the car can go faster. The problem is me.

Thankfully, I'm not going to be around to run the race on Saturday, but I still want to figure out what I'm doing wrong here because I feel like I shouldn't be this bad.

Digit Gaming is showing a real problem about " points x splits " attribution.
The obvious answer is to assign points so that 1st in 2nd split is lower than last in top split and so on.
The thing is... GTWS doesn't have "splits". It used to have an actual "top split", called the "Superstars Race", but there is no official seeding of brackets. The "split" terminology is something used by players to refer to the effects of matchmaking, but it doesn't actually exist.

GT7's matchmaking simply groups players by SR, then puts the top 16 DR together, then the next 16, then the next 16, and so on. This creates the idea of a "top split" - the top 16 SR90-99 players by DR - but it's not something that's actually regulated.

Given that splits don't exist, this idea that points are stepped down in each split is also moot. The points are exclusively based on the average (mean) DR for that lobby, and it's something in the region of 2% of the mean DR as the total points pool with around 10% of that going to the winner and each subsequent position scoring 0.5% less.

Thus you can see that if everyone in a lobby has 100,000pt, the total pool is 5,000pt. The winner gets 500pt, second gets 475pt, third gets 450pt, and so on. It's actually a little less than that, but for napkin calculation purposes that'll suffice.

Importantly you can also see that once the top dozen players have done their three rounds and got the points they want, they can tank their DR or just boycott the remaining races to take their DR out of consideration for points calculations. If the top 16 players only have an average of 90,000pt, the points pool drops to 4,500pt, and there's now only 450pt for the winner.

That's actually the issue with GTWS Nations as it stands: drivers getting points for themselves and then limiting the points available to others, not this "I finished P9 in 'top split' but I'm behind players who won their 'second split' races" idea. There's actually no reason why a 'second split' race can't be exactly as difficult as a 'top split' race, and I think you'd probably find that the pace required to win a 'second split' race is within a couple of hundredths of a second a lap of the pace required to win a 'top split' race.

The solution for that is to stop dropping rounds, and/or to mandate a minimum of 75% attendance (for GT1; others don't matter in terms of GTWS qualification).

GTWS's real issue with points isn't that, but the converted leaderboard points for Manufacturers Cup.

In essence, at the end of each round the best single race points score for each manufacturer in each region is taken (with the rest ignored), ranked, and converted into a new number. The best manufacturer score in any round in a region is converted to 40pt. Second best is converted to 36pt. Third best is converted to 33pt, and so on down to 1pt for 25th (26/27th score 0).

Those scores from each of the three regions are then added up to create the manufacturer ranking, obviously with a maximum of 120pt from each round.

Not only is that a bit convoluted and tricky to follow, it has the exact same consequences: a manufacturer could theoretically qualify for the world finals top ten based on a bunch of 400pt finishes in poorly attended rounds, while others need 450pt+ finishes in better-attended rounds.

Worse, it could do so from the finishes in two regions and drag a third driver who is unsuitable for WF events (like me!) by virtue of them being the best finisher in their region for that brand but 1-2% off the pace. We have seen it in the past, and I think those drivers who have qualified in that manner are cognisant of the fact they're outgunned - but it's hardly their fault.

Fair enough and news to me as Honda has definitely had white as it's main colour for decades.
The colors are based on one of the Gr3 cars. Honda is black while the car is white, black, and red. AMG is the green of the stripe on the HTP grey '16 car. Porsche is red while that car is white, red, and black, etc. Jaguar is green although I suspect if you chose the purple car, the suit would still be green (hence why I said one of the cars). I assume it is based on the car that was in GT Sport since AMG and Jaguar only had one colorway then. The suits have been that way also since GT Sport.

Nations is based on the flag of your country.

How they chose which color of the flag or car for your suit is beyond me, just PD being PD. I wished they would let us use our own suit liveries for those races.

Last edited:
Importantly you can also see that once the top dozen players have done their three rounds and got the points they want, they can tank their DR or just boycott the remaining races to take their DR out of consideration for points calculations. If the top 16 players only have an average of 90,000pt, the points pool drops to 4,500pt, and there's now only 450pt for the winner.

That's actually the issue with GTWS Nations as it stands: drivers getting points for themselves and then limiting the points available to others....
This is... unfortunate to hear. Those who are near-enough competitive have their opportunity taken away based off others abusing score-sheet mechanics.

Wouldn't there only be a benefit to doing this right at the tippity-top of a class? Has there been evidence of this swaying who qualified for GTWS events before?

This is... unfortunate to hear. Those who are near-enough competitive have their opportunity taken away based off others abusing score-sheet mechanics.

Wouldn't there only be a benefit to doing this right at the tippity-top of a class? Has there been evidence of this swaying who qualified for GTWS events before?
I'm pretty sure that it was an issue in Nations for one region last time out. I think it was Oceania, where there's basically one spot for two countries and one of them ran only the first half of rounds and almost all the top drivers from that nation sat out the back half.

Although I think that it's an issue peculiar to Asia/Oceania due to the lower number of top-rated drivers from a smaller number of nations massively skewing the points for the "top split" races depending on their attendance.

I’m generally not that great at time trialing Interlagos but I’ve had some good race results.

Even so, I am miles off the pace in FP. I can barely break 1:33. The 4C is slidey, understeers and constantly feels like the gearing is wrong.

I do not think this round will go well for me.
Had the same thing running through my head when i did some practice on Interlagos but I drive in GT2 so Group 4 for me. The GR4 4C feels weird on track there. No idea why.

Luckily for me I can take the 155 here 😅 🙈

Overall the 4C feels strange in both Gr3 and 4. Doubt I will go Alfa again

Last edited:
I'd be down to do tomorrow's round at Interlagos, but I'll be spending the day in Boston with a friend of mine - we're gonna check out that new F1 Arcade that just opened up last month.

GT2/3 (Gr4) at Interlagos

I am with Alfa Romeo. I tried some laps at the Interlagos in both the 155 and the 4C Gr4.

The 4C has poor rear grip under curvy braking but this is easily remedied by -3BB. The 4C also feels sluggish at low speed, making it obvious that at the race start, the car is going to bog down and get mobbed.

The 155 was pretty great. The low speed acceleration is pretty strong, which bodes well for the race start. I am definitely picking the 155 as I was consistently 0.6 sec faster in it than the 4C (average 1:40.5 with best 1:40.0 in the 155 vs average 1:41.1 with best 1:40.6 in the 4C).

I could not decide which BB works best for the 155. Advice appreciated!
1715302237589.png

Btw, GT-Engine has got power wrong for both the Alfa Romeo Gr4 cars, and thus incorrectly says that the 4C has better power to weight ratio. All this extensive data but the two times I looked at numbers, the race info and the car info were wrong. :confused:

The thing is... GTWS doesn't have "splits". It used to have an actual "top split", called the "Superstars Race", but there is no official seeding of brackets. The "split" terminology is something used by players to refer to the effects of matchmaking, but it doesn't actually exist.

GT7's matchmaking simply groups players by SR, then puts the top 16 DR together, then the next 16, then the next 16, and so on. This creates the idea of a "top split" - the top 16 SR90-99 players by DR - but it's not something that's actually regulated.

Given that splits don't exist, this idea that points are stepped down in each split is also moot. The points are exclusively based on the average (mean) DR for that lobby, and it's something in the region of 2% of the mean DR as the total points pool with around 10% of that going to the winner and each subsequent position scoring 0.5% less.

Thus you can see that if everyone in a lobby has 100,000pt, the total pool is 5,000pt. The winner gets 500pt, second gets 475pt, third gets 450pt, and so on. It's actually a little less than that, but for napkin calculation purposes that'll suffice.

That's actually the issue with GTWS Nations as it stands: drivers getting points for themselves and then limiting the points available to others, not this "I finished P9 in 'top split' but I'm behind players who won their 'second split' races" idea. There's actually no reason why a 'second split' race can't be exactly as difficult as a 'top split' race, and I think you'd probably find that the pace required to win a 'second split' race is within a couple of hundredths of a second a lap of the pace required to win a 'top split' race.

The solution for that is to stop dropping rounds, and/or to mandate a minimum of 75% attendance (for GT1; others don't matter in terms of GTWS qualification).

GTWS's real issue with points isn't that, but the converted leaderboard points for Manufacturers Cup.

In essence, at the end of each round the best single race points score for each manufacturer in each region is taken (with the rest ignored), ranked, and converted into a new number. The best manufacturer score in any round in a region is converted to 40pt. Second best is converted to 36pt. Third best is converted to 33pt, and so on down to 1pt for 25th (26/27th score 0).

Those scores from each of the three regions are then added up to create the manufacturer ranking, obviously with a maximum of 120pt from each round.

Not only is that a bit convoluted and tricky to follow, it has the exact same consequences: a manufacturer could theoretically qualify for the world finals top ten based on a bunch of 400pt finishes in poorly attended rounds, while others need 450pt+ finishes in better-attended rounds.

Worse, it could do so from the finishes in two regions and drag a third driver who is unsuitable for WF events (like me!) by virtue of them being the best finisher in their region for that brand but 1-2% off the pace. We have seen it in the past, and I think those drivers who have qualified in that manner are cognisant of the fact they're outgunned - but it's hardly their fault.
Regarding the points difference between splits, to me it is as simple as, in top split it is harder to be competitive and harder to win than second split, and especially in Manufacturers Cup, the points often don't reflect that. Solving it is complicated though.

Example from Asia Region Manufacturers Round 1, slot 1 on Wednesday (I know N24 is a bit of an outlier)

Split 1:
Pole time = 7:57.4
Race winning time = 32:18
Points for win = 444

Split 2:
Pole time = 8:01.1
Race winning time: 32:39
Points for win: 392

In split 2, the pole time would only be P13 on the grid in split 1, the winning race time was slower than P10 in split 1... but the points were better than the person who finished P4 in split 1.

This is why some people would prefer not to be in split 1 if they aren't at complete alien level.

Calen Roach in NA sat out after the first 3 Nations races and qualified 1st. Now, one could argue that he had pretty much wrapped up qualification and wanted a break, but it certainly had the side effect of taking a high-DR driver out of the pool. Whether it really affected who qualified is hard to say, but I expect a lot fewer drivers would have skipped rounds 4 and 6 if they had been 450 point races like 1 and 3 instead of 415 point races like they ended up being.

In EU all of the top qualifiers skipped round 5 and most skipped round 6. Round 5 was topped by the 6th and 7th placed finishers (the top 5 qualified), who received fewer points than they would have in the first 4 rounds. Would they have beaten the top 5 if they were there? We'll never know now...

In Asia pretty much everyone sat out after round 3, so there was no chance of improvement at all.

I think the story as a whole is, it's impossible to tell if this "swayed" who qualified, but it prevented others from having a real chance to improve after the first half of the season.

Last edited:
I am right and truly awful in this race at Interlagos. I've never been great on this circuit, but after the SuperFormula race there a couple seasons ago and the Gr.3 race there last season (where I drove the Audi), I felt like I could be somewhat competitive there. Driving the Dodge, though, I just cannot get the car to go.

I tried two lobby races for practice last night just to get a feel for how bad it would be, and it was bad -- even worse than I expected. Qualified near the back in both -- 2 seconds off pole. In both races, I just hung around the back battling it out for last place. It was horrible.

Just to rub salt in the wound, there was an A+ driver in the Viper in the lobby pulling of top-5 results. Clearly, the car can go faster. The problem is me.

Thankfully, I'm not going to be around to run the race on Saturday, but I still want to figure out what I'm doing wrong here because I feel like I shouldn't be this bad.
Don't worry. You are not alone. I am not fast at Interlago. I used the GR3 viper during Last Nation exhibition at Interlagos. I was slow and making mistakes in the bends but the Porsches and McLaren's could not catch me in the straight. They had a hard time getting in my slips. But there have been so many changes in the BOP since February so it is hard to know how it will perform. But You and I won't discover it since you don't race on Saturday and I use the AMG right now.

What worked well for me is I changed the way I attack the 3 first corners and I saved a lot of time there. It doesn't matter if you are getting the impression of loosing time in the first corner while you coast a bit to put yourself straight for the second corner while upshifting a gear. When you get it right, it feels like the 2nd and 3rd corner blends together. It is hard to explain. I hope it can help.

The colors are based on one of the Gr3 cars. Honda is black while the car is white, black, and red. AMG is the green of the stripe on the HTP grey '16 car. Porsche is red while that car is white, red, and black, etc. Jaguar is green although I suspect if you chose the purple car, the suit would still be green (hence why I said one of the cars). I assume it is based on the car that was in GT Sport since AMG and Jaguar only had one colorway then. The suits have been that way also since GT Sport.
Lambo says you are wrong.

My first round at the Nurburging 24h race was pretty ok but atroicious first time round. I think i can recover better result on ROund 2 as the course is better, the Green hell ate up my corvette and and i was not getting good pace for some reason.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240508192542.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240508204805.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240508195421.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240508195404.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240508192640.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240508195451.jpg

I will try my best to get a good flow this tiem round as im in GT2 league and want to progress higher. Looking forward to tackling Interlagos with the gr3 cars.

Last edited:
Back