Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,250 comments
18f7eb5504091-screenshotUrl~2.jpg
18f7eb5504022-screenshotUrl~2.jpg

Manufacturers Cup 2024 Official Season Rd. 4 šŸ
P7, 263 pts

Very tough race! All drivers had really good pace. I qualified in eigth and crossed the line in seventh andā€¦ that`s about it, really. One of those races that are very tense, but in which nothing much happens šŸ¤£

Livery by the great @RacingGrandpa

GT1 slot 1, 7PM EDT, in the Americas. All A/S lobby. 160 up for grabs. I was in door #12, driving the Dodge.

Qualifying was uneventful. I posted a time of 1:26.480, which put me in Q7.

gtws-mc-rd3-start.jpg

I started on RMs, like most of the drivers. For the first seven laps, nothing happened. I just chased the Porsche ahead, trying my best to stay in the slipstream. At the end of lap 7, though, the Porsche picked up a track limit penalty exiting the hairpin. I'm not sure why, but they went off the racing line and lost the slipstream. I was able to get past them on the front straight for P6.

gtws-mc-rd3-overtake-lap-8.jpg

I pitted for RSs at the end of lap 8, and came out to clean air. The P5 car pitted the next lap and came out just ahead of me. I chased them for a few laps and challenged them in a few places, but wasn't able to get a move done. Meanwhile, the undercut had worked. By lap 12, when the pitting was done, I was sitting in P4.

The pole-sitter was fast and was soon on my bumper. I managed to hold them off for a while, but at the start of lap 14, they got by, putting me back to P5.
gtws-mc-rd3-overtaken-lap-14.jpg

Eventually the Porsche that I was chasing for the start of the race caught me, too. On lap 17, they made a nice move on the corner going into the first tunnel when I went wide. Back to P6.

gtws-mc-rd3-overtaken-lap-17.jpg

But a couple turns later, they hit the curbs wrong and kindly gave P5 back.
gtws-mc-rd3-promoted-lap-17.jpg

Behind me, a Ford GT LM was gaining on me fast. My tires were pretty much shot so I was just trying to hold on to P5 to the finish, which I did by a hair.

gtws-mc-rd3-finish.jpg

That's how I wish it had ended, anyways. In reality, I had picked up a track limit penalty going into onto the back straight so I was awarded a 1-second penalty at the end, which landed me P6 and 127 points. Good enough for me!

Congratulations to all who had a good round 3 today. Mine was very meh, I was getting decent times in TT at Deep Forest, 1:25.206 was my best time. But come race time, I just could not hook up a lap. In the 3 slots I raced, I started 9th, 13th and 14th. In the last slot, I drove like my life depended on it. I was cutting through the field like a hot knife through butter. I went from 14th to 7th by lap 4 and i found myself in 6th by lap 7. 7th place made an incredible comeback, after his pitstop on lap 9 and we battled hard but fair, for the next 10 laps. I was on for my greatest ever comeback in a GTWS race, only to lose my cool on the final hairpin, on the last lap because I missed my braking point. I lost 2 places and finished 8th, with 213 points. It was just one of those days, but I couldn't believe I made up 8 places in a 300point A+ Lobby. I've learnt that I'm very fast on harder compound tyres, I'm not sure why, but they seem to suit my driving style much more than the soft compound. I'm currently 137th EMEA with 551 points and Suzuka is one of my favourite tracks. So I'm hoping for a much better result. Also, its dynamic weather, so who knows what could happen!?

Last edited:
It's getting pretty tiresome to even want to bother working out strategy, and practicing at all, when others in the race can't even be bothered to pay attention to what they're doing at all on lap 1/20.

GT1 Slot 1, Q7 just to get bowled into the front left quarter panel before lap 1 finishes. Recover to P7 ~124 pts. Whatever ...

I'm probably making a bigger deal over this than I should but I want some other eyes on it.
Nothing to see there. I would have made the same move. It is the Ferrariā€™s own fault for not braking enough after botching the corner. The dirty move afterwards possibly explains why he didnā€™t brake enough in first place- poor respect for fellow racers.

So another season is upon us! A little late in the showing, but I am with Ford again this season. Deep Forest is one I've struggled with in the past, but this helped with more driving and getting driving tutorials for the race. Started P5 with a gap of 0.001 from 4th place, it was a good clean race all the way through. Even had a battle coming out of the pits!
A podium is all I could muster from trying to compete with first a Porsche, then the Ford GT Test Car's brute speed with catching up in the corners (which then fried my tires with setting decent laps and hoping for a mistake).

GT1 second slot NA. Q12 with 1:26.3 which was.4 off my best FP laps.
Got to as high as p10 when I pitted for my RS after lap 5 but couldnā€™t break free from traffic with to even think about turning some decent race pace. Nothing too rough but lots of constant battling that moved the back third of the field backwards.

Lap 19 I was in p13 coming into the hairpin after following a Supra and I under estimated the slip enough that I had to turn tight into the hairpin to avoid him turning around the outside. As weā€™ve almost made it through cleanly I touched the back of his car and he spun. šŸ„²
Waited for him so we could make the procession on lap 20 as him p15 and me DFL. Said sorry afterwards and he was ok but it still sucks.

Hopefully I can fair a little better in the second half of the series as my first time running McLaren. Weā€™ll see soon enough.

Good luck to everyone in the final slot!

My tire practice in the Corvette Gr.3 suggested 12 laps on softs, with a best lap of 1:28.6 (and average of 1:28.8) on softs and 1:29.0 on mediums. Official practice turned out much faster, with 1:28.0 on mediums and 1:26.8 on softs.

The 9 pm CDT slot featured 17 points for the win, and me wearing door #15 on my lonely Corvette. Even if my plan wasn't to start on mediums, I wouldn't have qualified, though maybe I should have as pole was only 1:27.8. Instead, I started 15th, 1st of 2 drivers to not take a time.

It wasn't my best race - I picked up a track-limit penalty early, had a spinner rejoin the track right in front of me with nowhere to go, and couldn't really deal with traffic on mediums.

I was still in 16th at the start of lap 4, when a Ferrari went off in turn 1 to give me a spot, a spinner in turn 5 gave me another, and an AMG that completely blew turn 13 gave me a 3rd. The next lap, I blew turn 10 to give a spot back to the Ferrari that I got by a lap earlier.

Pit stops started on lap 6, with the Nissan that also didn't take a time pitting out of 7th for soft tires to give me 13th. The Ferrari that had been my early nemesis spun in turn 3 on lap 7 to give me 12th, while a BMW got turn 13 wrong enough to give me 11th and a Mitsubishi came down for mediums out of 6th to give me 10th.

A Ford spun and (thankfully) ghosted in turn 1 to get me to 9th, and I beat one of the many Porsches in the drag race to turn 13 to get 8th coming out of it. I probably shouldn't have made that pass as I both was pitting at the end of the lap for softs and I got the exit all wrong to give the spot back immediately.

I made it out of the pits in 14th, ahead of a Lamborghini that didn't pit, while the slow Ferrari also came down for softs to bring up the rear of the field. At the end of lap 9, a Ferrari and a Lexus came down for softs out of 6th and 7th respectively, and I was close enough to pass the Lexus.

I also got inside the AMG that blew turn 13 earlier to start lap 10, and he blew turn 1 to give me 12th. The two leading Porsches pitted to change their softs, only the leading one put a fresh set of softs on instead of mediums. That handed the lead to a Mitsubishi (not the one mentioned earlier). I beat that Mitsubishi into turn 13 and made the move stick as he spun the tires trying the cutback move to get 11th.

More cars pitted on lap 10 - a Ferrari for mediums out of 5th, the BMW for softs out of 6th and a Porsche for mediums (with both right-side softs completely gone) out of 7th. I passed all 3, with the Ferrari falling as he was getting up to speed, before turn 1 on lap 11. By this time, I was starting to get into the zone.

The leading Mitsubishi came down for mediums on lap 12, handing the lead to the Porsche that never took mediums, while the leading Ferrari came down for softs out of 4th (after spinning out of 3rd in turn 9) and the Ford came down for softs out of 6th. I was close enough to take advantage of the latter 2 to move up to 6th.

On lap 13, I misjudged just how good the Ferrari's brakes are and ever-so-slightly nudged the Ferrari that came down on lap 9. Fortunately, it was so slight that it didn't disturb either of us (maybe the game engine deemed it a no-harm/no-foul netcode), and I eventually made the pass cleanly going into turn 13 for 5th.

The leading Porsche was making serious hay on his second set of softs, while the Nissan passed the lead Mitsubishi for 3rd coming out of turn 10 on lap 16. That was also the lap the Ferrari trying to chase me changed to the one that came down on lap 12.

The fast Mitsubishi crashed coming out of turn 13 on lap 18 to give me 4th, and I thought that would be it for me for the race. The leading Porsche crossed the line at 29:53, but he had a 1-minute penalty to serve. The second Porsche came across at 30:09.

The Nissan, however, picked up yet another track limit penalty on lap 20, allowing me to close up coming out of turn 13. It wasn't quite enough as I only got to his bumper by the finish at 30:14. If only I had another few hundred feet, or at least another lap, or hadn't picked up the track-limit penalty,....

With the tire penalty served by the lead Porsche, I ended up with a podium finish, just under 6 seconds off the declared winner, and 16 points. That penalty knocked the Porsche that crossed the finish line 1st (by 17 seconds) all they way down to 13th, ahead of the Lamborghini, Ford (which finished a lap down) and a Ferrari that dropped out.

What does that mean: "fixed weather" definete rain, maybe rain or no rain?
If you launch free practice there is always the same weather (rain) pattern on the radar, meaning it should be the same (fixed) every lobby. It is also moving very slowly on the radar and we had similar weather pattern in one of the previous seasons on Suzuka where it would start raining only at the spoon initially (courtesy of slowly moving clouds) around lap ~20 I believe.

Since Manufacturers cup started, it has been a downward spiral. I skipped Interlagos last Saturday. But for a good reason. I went to attend an event at my local track.

Here is for this Wednesday nite.

GT1 NA slot 2: Q7 ended P10

I had a good start. It was bowling time all around me and I got lucky gaining a couple of positions. I was chasing a Porsche that struggled a lot but had a better quali than mine. I tried my best to avoid it every turn but it was all over the place so I finally rear ended it. I got to P14. I got front damage from that. I had started on soft which I kept running until Lap 10. I brought the car back at P10 on mediums.

Slot 3: Q10 finished last p14
If I had known, I would have called it a night after my first race.
A premiere for me. I Took a position in turn one of lap one because an Audi had left the inside wide open. The same car hit me at the same spot a lap later. I lost a position to that. Later, at the last hairpin, I missed my last downshift to one and ended up hitting his side. I waited for that Audi to pass and got to the pits to fix the damage and change from RM to RS. By mid race, my early pit got me back to P10 right in front of the Audi that did not loose time to hit me hard on turn one again. Giving me damage front and back. I checked the replay and he never lifted. I fixed my damage in the pits and finished dead last. I said sorry in lobby chat and he left.

It all comes back to my main lesson. Starting midpack is never going to produce good results. So I have to practice more and get better qualification times.

For preparation i did 2 custom races, which realy helped me to some stable laptimes in the second one. So i was pretty confident for the race. But...

Of course i didn't went that smooth as i was hoping!
I did one race, GT2, 101 Pts lobby:
In the out lap of the qualifying i received a track limit penalty (at the entrance of the back straight), which ruined my 1st lap. At least i could make 1:26,767 (0,4 sec slower than my best practice lap) in the second try to gain P4.
Gran Turismoā„¢ 7_20240515190801.jpg

The race start was smooth, everybody behaved well and it was a procession in the 1st lap. Except me serving a 1 sec track limit penalty that cost me 2 positions. I guess i've cut the "right hander" after the 1st tunnel, but i'm not sure.

I collected 3 additional 0,5 sec track limit penaltys until lap 6. That put me back to P7.

I had some realy good fights with a swiss guy in another Porsche. We overtook each other several times.

But my overall pace was miles away from my test run, so it was P6 and 80 pts in the end. I can live with the result, but my bad driving was a big disappointment! I hope i can do better in Suzuka.
Gran Turismoā„¢ 7_20240515194239.jpg

Attachments

• Gran Turismoā„¢ 7_20240515190758.jpg
    Gran Turismoā„¢ 7_20240515190758.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 2
  • Gran Turismoā„¢ 7_20240515190758.jpg
    Gran Turismoā„¢ 7_20240515190758.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 3
If you launch free practice there is always the same weather (rain) pattern on the radar, meaning it should be the same (fixed) every lobby. It is also moving very slowly on the radar and we had similar weather pattern in one of the previous seasons on Suzuka where it would start raining only at the spoon initially (courtesy of slowly moving clouds) around lap ~20 I believe.
The GT2/3 race is only 15 laps, so I guess we are just sprinting in the dry.

(I know we also had rain in that earlier event, lap 12 I think, but that was Gr3 and I still donā€™t think PD will run a wet Gr4 championship race and hand the AWDs a massive advantage).

I am so done with this game, absolutely sick and tired of drivers who knock you and block you and eventually spin you out.

Left my world series race there after 6 or so laps but I was up against it from the first lap trying to avoid idiots.

I love this game but I can't deal with these idiots anymore and yes sadly, there is nothing you can do about it.
It is a pity that the mad men always win. I can understand you very well.

I picked a later race to avoid the angry young men and started 21:00 in European GT3 as I thought that they would have finished racing and were playing with/at themselves... Anyway, one was left and that is unfortunately enough to turn a surprisingly good and fair race ("tiger24", if you read this: it has been a true pleasure and I could race you for hours, fast and respectful.) into a sad event.

The guy I'm speaking about prefers hard racing with some penalties and robust rubbing. We met three times during 20 laps and traded paint three times... The final hairpin in lap no. 19 he hit me but got away without penalty.

I showed my discontent by flashing lights and we went into the last lap. Before turn 1 he braked early and I took the inside line - only to get turned around... I lost another place and got angry. After the race I viewed the replay and can state that he Intentionally waited for me to ram me despite being in front!

Some might stay that I shouldn't be surprised but I was and still am as I cannot understand. There are many, many fair drivers out there and especially here at GTPLANET but only some can ruin the fun for many. So, therapy session is over now... šŸ˜

I made a bit of a mistake with Deep Forest last night, since it's the daily race I've been running all week I figured I would jump straight in without a single practice lap. Obviously if I had read the rules I would've noticed that we were driving the opposite way round and realised that was a bad idea šŸ˜¬.

Qualifying went as well as I could hope for on a combo I haven't driven in 3 months, p12 just under a second off pole šŸ’Ŗ. The 911 has always felt better on the harder compound so was the car to have in the first stint slowly picking off those around it, including this cheeky little double:

Turn 1 is the best for wheel to wheel racing on the game in my opinion, the normal racing line is fastest but that patch of concrete on the apex is slightly less grippy so it is possible to hang it around the outside, especially if you can pinch the other car tight.

Once the pitstops had shaken out I was up to P3 fighting against another 911 and a Corvette which both beat me with a penalty for running wide on the penultimate corner. P5 and 260ish points, I'll take it! šŸ„³

Manufacturers Cup global GT1 standings as of round 3, before any disqualifications:
1715845941892.png

Battle for the cutline currently looks like this:
Code:
 9 Alfa R.  +20.5
10 Lexus    +19.5
11 Aston M. +10.5
15 Genesis  Partner
---------------
12 Ferrari  -10.5
13 Honda    -13
14 Lambo    -13
16 Peugeot  -17

Manufacturers Cup global GT1 standings as of round 3, before any disqualifications:
View attachment 1355869

Code:
 9 Alfa R.  +20.5
10 Lexus    +19.5
11 Aston M. +10.5
15 Genesis  Partner
---------------
12 Ferrari  -10.5
13 Honda    -13
14 Lambo    -13
16 Peugeot  -17
Really nice to see Audi up there and Chevrolet within top 10.

Any streamer using the Audi? I'd like to check their tyre wear.

Last edited:
View attachment 1355869

Code:
 9 Alfa R.  +20.5
10 Lexus    +19.5
11 Aston M. +10.5
15 Genesis  Partner
---------------
12 Ferrari  -10.5
13 Honda    -13
14 Lambo    -13
16 Peugeot  -17
Is there results avaiable for the Manufacturers at GT2 league? just curious where you found this?

I'm with Chevy so like to see standings.

ZEE
Is there results avaiable for the Manufacturers at GT2 league? just curious where you found this?

I'm with Chevy so like to see standings.
All in the same place

You can change league from GT1 to GT2 or GT3, global or regional, individual rankings by region/manufacturer/local, etc.

Chevrolet is 8th in GT2 as well, and you are the 30th placed Chevy driver in Euro GT2, way ahead of my backup account.

Last edited:
Typically I like to do my AARs shortly after the race as details are easier to remember. But with the races late, it's one-and-done-and-bed.

Anyway, I did do the 9:00 PM slot last night. I wasn't expecting too much, especially when I was wearing board 14. Quali was okay. I've decided I am too much of a wuss in quali; I'm too afraid of spinning/crashing and take it too easy. Q10 with a 25.7 with the exact same time as Q9. We were joking about it pre-race. Q1 was a 25.1.

Race gets underway and all is well. The laps start ticking off and I get pushed to pass on lap three or four by a Ferrari. Wasn't happy as since everyone was so close I lose three spots due to that. Just frustrating but onward we go.

Since I started in 10th I put RMs on. I had some really good battles with a Peugeot that were fun but despite some side-by-sides wasn't quite able to get by. He pits on lap seven and I stay out for one more; I then pit on lap eight. I honestly don't remember all the place swapping that was going on but I came out of the pits ahead of the Ferrari that pushed me wide.

A couple laps later, he did it again... this time on the hairpin. Hit me hard enough to give my left rear wheel damage as he and a Porsche went passed. I would then get a run on the Porsche on the front straight and he hit me and pushed me wide at T1. CMON MAN!

I'd eventually get passed the Porsche and spend the next few laps defending from a Renault; due to this the Ferrari drove off. Renault driver was really clean and even had a couple of runs coming out of T1 but backed off for the infield. Last lap for the hairpin I went defensive and he did an ol-switcharoo to come side-by-side on exit. He did hit me and push me a little but it wasn't too bad; not enough to give me a pen but just enough to slow my exit momentum. I am not upset about it, it was the last lap and he spent the previous 3-4 laps right behind and being clean... last lap, last turn all bets are off so a little rubbin is racin is all good. Had it been that Ferrari driver I'd have been even more annoyed that I already was.

The Ferrari driver did apologize after the race on his own, but it's like if you realize you did something dirty then you should wait for the driver you screwed over. But he didn't, either time. Whatever.

P8 for 238 points.

1618229633e2b92ea641b10f1419f268_photo.webp

fd6661d78ad41f781037acf46e8ea15e_photo.webp

4fab123eaf4a06894708d10b6e2fc2f0_photo.webp

Board 14, Q10, and finish P8 seems like a good day but it's another case - as we've all experienced - of what should've been. 99% sure I won't be able to do Suzuka (at least on this account due to the LACK OF TIMESLOTS PEEEDEEEEEE!) which I am not super upset about since that track has been way overused lately, and I am sick of it. 35 laps sounds like fun, though; but, I imagine with it being 70+ min race in the dry odds are there will be no weather, which is not fun. Hm, maybe I'll be able to with my EMEA friends in Gr3 but have zero interest in Gr4 cars so forget that. Already looking ahead to Daytona RC! The Porsche will struggle there but that's the beauty of the Manu series: a lot of people's Manus will likely struggle here too (Porsche, Ferrari, McLaren, etc.). Those that picked Chevy, Ford, and Toyota will be in a league of their own.

Last edited:
I won't be able to do Suzuka which I am not upset about since that track has been way overused lately, and I am sick of it. 35 laps sounds like fun, though; but, I imagine with it being 70+ min race in the dry odds are there will be no weather, which is not fun.
I don't expect it will change your opinion, but it does look like we'll get some rain at Suzuka.

I did a ~45-minute session earlier this morning. There is a slow-moving rain pattern, similar to what we had a few seasons ago. The rain starts over Spoon around 18 minutes in and over the next 3-4 laps covers the entire track. It gets heavy for a while, with moisture gauge at or above the second tick for most of it. The rain cleared around 43 minutes and the sun started poking through the clouds. It looked like a drying line would soon start to form when I finished up my session.

Last night was an annoying lesson in "quitting while you're ahead".

Slot 1: Lag messed up my qualifying attempt as it "paused" my game for a fraction of a second on my 2nd qualifying lap, so I started P13. Avoided the inevitable chaos at the hairpin as a DOUBLE divebomb shot past me and took out the Porsche in front.

More chaos happened throughout the race and I eventually moved up to P8 and had a great 2-lap battle at the end with an AMG for 7th, which I ultimately won, and bagged 231 points. Not quite enough for my 250-point minimum goal, so I decided to go again...

Slot 2: Qualified P9 and was looking forward to a good race, only to be barged out of the way at the hairpin twice and held up when other people got into shoving matches in the middle section of the track. Still, I was in a good position to at least match my result from the previous slot, until lag showed up again and "paused" my game in the middle of the pit stop cycle as I was trying to balance having fresher tires at the end with avoiding being undercut, which cost me 1s of time (based on my lap time) and put me JUST behind the battle for 11th when I came out of the pits. I eventually got around both of them, but it took most of the rest of the 2nd stint to do so, so I had no time to catch up to the pack in front even though I was faster, and I finished P8 (after more accidents ahead) for 225 points. You know what that means...

Slot 3: I ran my worst time of the night in qualifying for Slot 3 at a 25.9 and started DFL. Decided to try a Hail-Mary and do a 2-stopper and dump my Mediums on Lap 1 and do 2 Soft stints, hoping to avoid the chaos and getting stuck in traffic. Of course this failed miserably and I finished 12th after 3 people quit and another crashed towards the end of the race. 178 points...

Should've taken my points from Slot 1 and ran. Time to flounder around Suzuka and inevitably make a stupid mistake during the track drying phase...

Last edited:
Slot 2 went a lot better.
Race with @Wannablackbee.
I quali P3 with 26.296. Start on RS.

Survive turn 1. P1 and P2 start a bit of rubbing before sector 2 and I move up to p2. Survive the hairpin. Coming into turn 1 lap2 we are 3 abreast with me on the inside. A bit of rubbing but we get through. It looks like the ford wants to payback on the vette and as they fight it out I get P1. I stay in p1 and start increasing the gap in clean air. I pit lap p13 for RM and come out with ~10 second lead. Bring it home in P1 for 170 points.
IMG_2718.jpeg
IMG_2720.jpeg

Last edited:
Question: for the Nations Cup, when it shows my ranking within ā€œNorth America,ā€ they mean the USA and Canada, whereas in the Manufacturers Cup, they mean North and South America, right?

EDIT: Because I'm definitely seeing more than just the flags for the USA and Canada in my lobbies. If the Manufacturers Cup also includes South America, it'd also explain my regional ranking being within the top 300 rather than the top 200 for the Nations Cup, despite getting very similar scores so far. I'd say that for each round of both the Nations Cup and Manufacturers Cup, I'm scoring an average of somewhere in the low to mid 90s.

EDIT2: I had another question. For the credit rewards, how exactly is the ranking for each tier calculated? Is it by how many points you're off from the current leader? I know it's by percentage, but I assume said percentage goes by the leader's currently active points.

Last edited:
I made a grave mistake picking the Ferrari, and it reared it's ugly head last night at Deep Forest.

My one and only race I was optimistic but it got shot down quick in the multiplayer practice lobbies. I was expecting to qualify mid pack at least, but I put in a ringer and qualified 4th. Since I was in the front I opted for softs, but everyone chose mediums :scared::banghead:. This was my first mistake. While I was able to keep up with them and managed the tires well, it was the wrong strategy. My 2nd eye opener was the opening laps. I had a Toyota and Ford GT in front of me. I would get a slightly better exit onto the long straight in the hairpin and literally be glued to their rear bumper, but they easily gapped me by about .3 by the brake zone into the hairpin. The 3rd eye opener was the terrible tire life on the Ferrari. In the practice lobbies I only got 9 laps. Maybe 10 if I was careful while others were able to get 11-13 laps out of a set of softs. The other eye opener later in the race was I was battling a Porsche. It got a bad drive off the corner and I was pulling on him. After the first tunnel. The Porsche was pulling on me unassisted. What the heck! I thought the Ferrari was fast on the straights.

My strategy plummeted me to P9 but was able to claw back to P7 due to the soft runners running out of tires and me picking them off. I'm waiting for my stream to fully load but the last lap was a dog fight.

Anyways back to my mistake. I think I shot myself in the foot. In my testing I had the Ferrari being faster on the straights but this was not the case in the few races I've done. I won't be able to make Suzuka on Saturday, and the remaining races (Daytona and Fuji) rely on straight line speed and power more than handling prowless. Guess it's curtains for me this go around :dunce:

Last edited:
I did 3 races last night, one on each account, all GT2.

Main: Aston Martin Vanquish Q10 P8. Top 11 qualified within 1.11. I went 11M-9S hoping the softs would help toward the end.
Main Alt: Jaguar Q13-P7. Top 13 qualified within 1.2. Same strategy as my main 11M-9S.
Alt Alt: AMG '20 Q10-P6. Again, top 11 within 1.0. This time I went 10M-10S.

Besides the one dummy in my Main race that bumped to pass everyone everywhere and then rage quit when someone paid him back, I have to say that this was some of the best racing I have had in a long time. On my Alt Alt, I and someone in a GTR had a great battle at the end of the race. I slowly started catching him after pitting and for laps 16-20 we battled and switched places (without touching!) a couple of times until he finally got me back on the last hairpin and claimed P5 by .024. I probably should have had at least P5 but I kept getting track penalties all race....

I really enjoyed the racing tonight. Too bad I am going to miss Saturday. Good luck everyone!

One thing I did notice on this track, if you can slow down and hug the inside on T1, it is pretty hard for someone behind you to take your spot (at least in my GT2 races)

Lap 1 curse strikes again. .5 sec penalty which was no big deal but got bump in the rear as the driver in front of me parked it on the apex of the hairpin getting me damage. Tired to chase down 8th the last few laps but left rear tires wear was past the mid point for me the push any harder. Finished P10 from P11. Hope I can get something going my way at Suzuka because Daytona and Fuji is not good for this car...

Well, what to say about yesterday's race...

Got home about 10 minutes before the last slot started, not even time to get out of uniform.

Qualifying did not go well, could not find the speed and ended sixth with a lap almost a second slower then my best practice lap.

So slapped on the mediums and decided that it was most important to stay out of trouble.

I kept my place at the start and watch the cars in front of me starting to fight each other. Soon enough I got envolved whether I wanted to or not. They were all over the place and meanwhile the car in front got away on what turned out to be softs

It really was hectic and no fun, got hit so many times. below one is one of many incidents. It was in lap three, I think, and that Ferrari already had damage at every angle of his car but could still compete. I saw so many drivers trying to take each other out and me also, it was ridiculous. Got shoved into the barriers several times and concidered quitting the race.

The fighting kept on till lap 10. Fortunately the Ferrari crashed by himself but An Audi was also constantly around me, the driver was fast but a bit aggresive and picked up a track-limit penalty almost every lap. In the end I accidentally hit him in the rear which costed him a few seconds and I got rid of him. I should have had a penalty for that, to be honest, but there is no penalty system anymore it seems. And because of his previous actions I had no pitty....

Lap 10 I went for softs and the Aston Martin in first position came in for his mediums. He was just shy of 10 seconds in front. But then I drove pretty much the best laps I ever did in this game. Soon I was in second place and I gained around a second a lap on him. I was having fun again. I was strong in the first sector and lap 18 I was right behind him and when he got wide I tried to pass on his inside:

Could not believe what he did. In the replay I could see that he steered to his right to shove me. I was not happy...

I catched up with him a lap later and tried another overtake. But not a very good one, I made contact and although I got in front I hesitated for a second because it was not a clean move. Should have just continued because he shoved me aside and it was race over...

I probably could have had second place but was fed up and cruised to the finish line, think pretty much last place. Congrats to the Frenchmen for the hollow victory. For me it back to low B after two bad races.

It baffles me that the penalty system is so much worse then it was in GTS, if a car steers to his right into another car when the corner goes to the left then even the most simple system should recognise this as shoving or pushing? oh well....

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back