Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,250 comments
I will go have another search but I couldn't find any this morning.

I might just pivot to the F1 as I am struggling to get any time out of the 650 like 2 seconds off the pace struggling like hell.

I can share both of them with you. The bb needs to be neutral at best but forward helps to keep the F1 more stable in the bus stop. Tail wants to come around if you need to dab to get more turn in.

Will share shortly 👍

Shared them with tag gtp66 just for you :-)
I think there’s a lot more to gain on the bus stop exit from my 650 run. It’s definitely smoother. Also I was going into the bus stop a little deeper than I usually do so tonight I’m going to try and take it more with left tire on the
grass to make a more shallow run through it. Just did practice races last night and no more real trying to go faster.

Let me know if you can’t find them. Cheers

Last edited:
I can share both of them with you. The bb needs to be neutral at best but forward helps to keep the F1 more stable in the bus stop. Tail wants to come around if you need to dab to get more turn in.

Will share shortly 👍

Shared them with tag gtp66 just for you :-)
I think there’s a lot more to gain on the bus stop exit from my 650 run. It’s definitely smoother. Also I was going into the bus stop a little deeper than I usually do so tonight I’m going to try and take it more with left tire on the
grass to make a more shallow run through it. Just did practice races last night and no more real trying to go faster.

Let me know if you can’t find them. Cheers
❤️ thank you!

The bigger issue is that it looks - and I'll emphasise that this is not a suggestion on my behalf that it is, as I don't believe they would - like there's drivers being selected for the live events and drivers that are not.

Even looking like that, whether it is or not, is enough to destroy credibility, confidence, and trust in the competition. And the problem there is not who'll be attending this year's finals but who's going to bother with next year's knowing that their effort can be zeroed out at any time.

This could be remedied by more openness, explanation, an official announcement... anything, really.
Currently trying hard to gather attention to the topic and get some kind of response before the season ends

Maybe this is all PD's secret master plan to drive away all the players, so they can kill off GTWS and show the Sony bosses they're saving money. Why would anyone with serious skills even play this game anymore?

No local battles for me - I'm the only GT3 Lexus entry and the only GT2 Chevrolet entry. Had some competition in previous years but people have understandably moved on.
Maybe I'll have some more exact numbers tonight but there are some 15k GR3 drivers (probably a big portion not unique a.k.a. alts) some 6,5k GR2 (dito) and 4k+ drivers in group 1. EMEA. That's a sad tally for a game I prefer to remember had almost double those numbers.

I can't decide what the best part of this ongoing penalty/disqualification fiasco is. Is it the tacit admission that the in-game penalty system doesn't work, if people aren't being penalised mid-race for things that are worth being disqualified for? Is it that the punishments being meted out far, far exceed anything that can happen in-game outside of crashing and not being able to recover, or actively trying to sabotage your own race? Is it the entirely nonsensical yet predictable wall of silence about how they're being applied? I might just sabotage my rating and stay in GT2 for as long as possible.

Hmmm ;):lol:

IMG_0026.jpeg

I’ve only been able to reach 1:46.4 with the 650. In the F1 McLaren I’m at 1:45.4

There are faster ghost in the showcase currently around 1:44.
I think I hit a 1:46.2ish in the 650S which felt pretty good, but looks like you're suggesting the F1 might be worth a shot here. The 650S is gonna get murdered on the oval for sure, so maybe I'll give it a try tonight and see.

GT2 here. I'll just put all brake bias to the front and go for the no stopper. I'm terrible at managing tyres, but I think I'm ok with fuel, and I don't expect this round to outperform my currently valid results anyway, so YOLO.

I don't know whether to be more surprised at someone remembering the local rivalry I had this time last year or the fact you referred to it as "Zorzesque". :lol::boggled:
I had to use a word and that was the best that came to me. I think you may have met your rival on track though, something I'm unlikely to do. So you'll still have a more intense one than I will have.
I was able to change my region to another US state a month ago, even after I already had raced in a few GTWS events. My points were unaffected.
GT menu (top left)> options > profile > sport mode registration details.
Thanks. I'll try and refer back to this after I move. I was thinking I would have to go into some PSN settings. Seems rather simple now.
I'll see you in the finals then. Good luck!

Hi guys, am I the only one to lose a second and a half between training and online free practice?

That's my first GTWS and I've made a 1'45"303 in the AMG (800+ worldwide) but when I opened a lobby with the fuel and tyres conditions I could barely come under 1'47...

Edit: I may have not set the right time and weather conditions I don't know.
And if anyone knows what the fuel refill speed will be I'd take it!
I didn't know if it was a good idea to test the "no tyre change" in GT1 but reading the last page it seems not.

Last edited:
Hi guys, am I the only one to lose a second and a half between training and online free practice?

That's my first GTWS and I've made a 1'45"303 in the AMG (800+ worldwide) but when I opened a lobby with the fuel and tyres conditions I could barely come under 1'47...

I didn't know if it was a good idea to test the "no tyre change" in GT1 but reading the last page it seems not.
No you aren't, I was having the same thing in TT thanks to @Dep Fishtail i was able to be vaguely competitive offline. In my lobby practices with full race settings I couldn't get close to the single session times at all. The one time I did it was the scariest lap I've ever done.

Definitely not a lap I'd like to replicate 15 or 25 in a row that is for sure!

If you’re still looking for these settings, weather is S09, Early Morning and the fuel refill rate is 10L/s

:dopey:No you aren't, I was having the same thing in TT thanks to @Dep Fishtail i was able to be vaguely competitive offline. In my lobby practices with full race settings I couldn't get close to the single session times at all. The one time I did it was the scariest lap I've ever done.

Definitely not a lap I'd like to replicate 15 or 25 in a row that is for sure!
OK thanks, I remember the GT Sport times when with friends we already noticed there were differences between offline and online, I guess they didn't solved the issue!
I'm involved in this MC but with no pressure (at least I try, I can't say my legs aren't shaking a bit at the start! :lol: ), I'm trying to convince myself I have nothing to lose since I don't know how I'm a DR A/GT1 driver! :dopey:

I started saying to myself it would take me back to DR B and GT2 but I finished 10th at Interlagos after starting last and 6th at Deep Forest after a Q5 with a door 13!
So who knows how it will end? :confused:

If you’re still looking for these settings, weather is S09, Early Morning and the fuel refill rate is 10L/s
Thanks a lot! I figured out the refill might be 10L/s but I had no idea about the time and weather, I'll try that tomorrow

Last edited:

Does your training have BOP on?

I'm a relative noob to this, but would the time diff not be down to fuel load? A second and a half seems about right on such a long track with lots of low speed corners / acceleration zones? (I'm basing that on my experience on other tracks)

Free practice is qualifying sim basically, isn't it?

Last edited:
I'm a relative noob to this, but would the time diff not be down to fuel load? A second and a half seems about right on such a long track with lots of low speed corners / acceleration zones? (I'm basing that on my experience on other tracks)

Free practice is qualifying sim basically, isn't it?
The fuel load is supposed to be full in the "training" (the free practice you have access to days before the event).
I guess the fact it's not evolutive (and no tyre wear) causes some differences

The fuel load is supposed to be full in the "training" (the free practice you have access to days before the event).
Didn't know that!

Why am I always much slower in races then 😂 at least before I thought I had a valid excuse lol

From what I've heard from people who have more knowledge about this than me, in Free Practice, even though the fuel gauge shows as full, the car doesn't actually carry any weight for fuel. It is only when the fuel consumption is turned on that the car gets the weight from the fuel. I've never tested it myself, but it's consistent with my experience. I'm always faster in free practice than I am in the custom races where I have a fuel multiplier set.

Back