GRID LEGENDS

• Thread starter Nacho Libre
  • 1,333 comments
Looks like Grid Legends will a be a PS Plus game in May

Source: https://www.dealabs.com/bons-plans/...-descenders-sur-ps5ps4-dematerialises-2545591

That website posts the lineup each month and has always been right since I've been following it
Well damn, looks like another Codemasters game I get to trying without spending a single cent. As underwhelmed as I was by what I saw, I'm willing to give it a shot just to confirm if those same thoughts still are there now as a player and not just a viewer.

Is it weird that I feel like I've done more barrel rolls in DiRT Rally 2.0 than in Legends?

Last edited:
Is it weird that I feel like I've done more barrel rolls in DiRT Racing 2.0 than in Legends?
I mean to be fair, are you really having the DiRT experience if you haven't Barrel rolled multiple times?

I'll try it out, I need something to play beside GT7(racing genre) that is just grab a controller and play.

I don't expect much so I can't be disappointed, or can't I? :D

Who is used to Gran Turismo hardly adapts to other games of the genre.

Grid just broke a record on my playstation and was uninstalled the same day it was installed.

It's not my style, it made me go back to the time when I put a coin in an arcade simulator.

Next...

Yea it's either players like you that just stay with the game they enjoy the most or like me that just loves to drive, tune, paint cars in games that look and sound great and also handle the way i can have fun to drive them. So i play and enjoy many franchises even the NFS games but i have problems to find enjoyment driving the The Crew games. :)

Who is used to Gran Turismo hardly adapts to other games of the genre.

Grid just broke a record on my playstation and was uninstalled the same day it was installed.

It's not my style, it made me go back to the time when I put a coin in an arcade simulator.

Next...
Yeah I get it, I'll probably try it but won't play for long.

How about Wreckfest? How you tried that, It's kinda different genre racing than GT

Yeah I get it, I'll probably try it but won't play for long.

How about Wreckfest? How you tried that, It's kinda different genre racing than GT
In terms of destruction it is light years ahead of Gran Turismo. It will be a game that works more on this feature.
The best that GT has in that type was the driver's door falling off after some skidding and hitting the rails, I think in GT5 and only in rally cars.
I prefer games with good gameplay, making a better time on the track, as opposed to big destruction effects. But if it comes free on Plus, I will certainly test it and not uninstall it on the same day as Dirt did.

This one shows a great show of destruction in the videos but in the game it is nothing like that and the gameplay is archaic, in the EA way.
And I don't know either, I've never played NFS, Crew and similar games.

Yea it's either players like you that just stay with the game they enjoy the most or like me that just loves to drive, tune, paint cars in games that look and sound great and also handle the way i can have fun to drive them. So i play and enjoy many franchises even the NFS games but i have problems to find enjoyment driving the The Crew games. :)
I also really like to drive, I also play and I don't like all the franchises. And you also can't say a game that has equal or better design creator like Gran Turismo.

[...]

Next...
Ironically, this is exactly the feeling I was looking for. If there is a modern arcade-cabinet style racing game for the PS4, I definitely want to take a crack at it.

My expectations for it wasn’t particularly high, and to be fair its not that great of a game compared to behemoths like modded AC, NFS, Gran Turismo, and Forza, but it was fun for the first few hours at least.

Could definitely see myself playing a bit more on the side, unlike Dirt 5....

Ironically, this is exactly the feeling I was looking for. If there is a modern arcade-cabinet style racing game for the PS4, I definitely want to take a crack at it.

My expectations for it wasn’t particularly high, and to be fair its not that great of a game compared to behemoths like modded AC, NFS, Gran Turismo, and Forza, but it was fun for the first few hours at least.

Could definitely see myself playing a bit more on the side, unlike Dirt 5....
The difference between this and Dirt5 is that, being a rally, I completed all the events, although I didn't like the tracks either, just like in this DIRT, with the exception of the quarry with the big tractor.
When Gran Turismo appeared with layouts in London, the acceptance was immediate, in Dirt the circuits in London, Paris, Hawaii etc, have a reductive environment. Sepang is not a circuit that I enjoy and I didn't even get to test the missing layouts in the GT, from Suzuka and Red Bill.
Any game that asks me for an EA profile has a path traced, delete.

Downloaded it Wednesday because of PS+ and decided to give it a go. Yesterday I completed the story mode (yeah only takes 6 hours) and was not quite disappointed (although my expectations were loooow).

Now I started the career mode and actually kinda like it. I wanted to unlock the Touring Car championship for obvious reasons because I love TOCA games on the Playstation 1 and it's just fun driving. There are some thing GT can learn from this game, ESPECIALLY the Career mode. Basically the story mode are our menu books, but career mode is a lengthy aftermath where you just can race all sorts of stuff and don't have to worry about payouts because it's quite equal.

Imo its way better than Dirt 5 but of course nowhere near GT7.

Last edited:
Anyone know how the "class delay" thing works in race creator? I can't make it do what I want to do.
I'm not 100% certain but I think it's a predetermined time based on the relative pace of each class. I'm guessing that they just took each class to a handful of tracks and worked out the percentage difference in lap time to work out how much gap is required.
(Feel free to correct if I'm wrong)

I'm not 100% certain but I think it's a predetermined time based on the relative pace of each class. I'm guessing that they just took each class to a handful of tracks and worked out the percentage difference in lap time to work out how much gap is required.
(Feel free to correct if I'm wrong)
Seems so. It works pretty well in Auto, but once you start tweaking it works randomly.

It isn't that bad...

Of course isn't GT, AC or FM, but it wasn't supposed to, I guess. Not a simcade, is an arcade racing game and is fun to play.
Obviously the handling is way simplified, racing on rain or snow is just about the same thing as in dry, heavily damaged cars are as fast as pristine ones.
The story mode is short and the career mode transition isn't obvious, instead trying to make you buy whe Winter Bash DLC.
The career mode mechanics is interesting, as allows you to make your path, without being too complex.

It does is job, something light just to have quick careless fun.

For free as it is at this moment is a bargain.

Been playing the game more since it was on PSPlus, really enjoying it for dipping into for some chaotic races.
Only complaint is the complete lack of any rumble on the Dualsense, got everything maxed out on the settings and the trigger resistance is good, but just lacks any feel for the ground at all. I know it’s no sim or even simcade, but surely there should be some kind of vibration when driving? Or am I missing something?

Been playing the game more since it was on PSPlus, really enjoying it for dipping into for some chaotic races.
Only complaint is the complete lack of any rumble on the Dualsense, got everything maxed out on the settings and the trigger resistance is good, but just lacks any feel for the ground at all. I know it’s no sim or even simcade, but surely there should be some kind of vibration when driving? Or am I missing something?
Sorry to hear that. It's fine on Xbox and the 2019 game was rumbly on my PC so I can't believe it's not the same on PlayStation. Any other PS players getting the same thing?

I mean, don't get me wrong it's a great game at its base. It's just those damn bugs are annoying af. Without the bugs the game would get a 10/10 for me(well, maybe a 9/10 because eff that demolition crap).

Sorry to hear that. It's fine on Xbox and the 2019 game was rumbly on my PC so I can't believe it's not the same on PlayStation. Any other PS players getting the same thing?
I don’t recall Grid 2019 having this issue. It’s fine in terms of the adaptive triggers and resistance when braking, but when just driving there doesn’t seem to be any rumble at all coming through. Either way I’m still enjoying dipping into the game again. Tempted to try it on the Xbox Series S to see if there’s any rumble through the Xbox controller but definitely feels somewhat “numb” on the dualsense in terms of rumble and vibration.

Latest Posts

Back