GT Logo now found on the Nurburgring

Johnnypenso

Well known double poster
Premium
Canada
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Johnnypenso
This is more of a Gran Turismo thing rather than a GT6 thing so mods can move this if they see fit. I thought some of you might get a kick out of something I found on PSNProfiles. Someone found this in a Chris Harris video, while he was driving the Formula Ford EcoBoost at the Nurburgring:
WeLGT50p.jpg

It almost looked photoshopped to me so I booted up the video and here's a snip of the video at exactly 11:08:
upload_2015-1-3_0-21-22.png

Link to original PSNProfiles post
Youtube Video:

Yep, it´s at exit of Bergwerk. I think they have re-done the tarmac there in early 2013, so I guess this was tagged just before the 2013 24hrs Race. Not already since 2011 like the poster at psn-profiles suggests, but its definitely been there for a while now.

You can see it here:

https://www.google.fr/maps/@50.380667,6.9609231,336m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=eng

There are two pictures (titled 'Bergwerk') showing the corner exit in driving direction, in the photos (in the link) you can spot the GT logo.

55499268.jpg

Snap_2015.01.03_07h20m41s_001.png

Edit: Check out if Forza 5 has it, since it was claimed to been laser scanned (probably after mid-june ´13) ?

Last edited:
The logo is placed 1 corner after Niki Laudas crash...
But not in the game.. but this doesnt bother me at all. Cuz fanz write every year on the track..

Great research Huks. That means they didn´t work on the surface of that bit. I never noticed a GT logo there before, I thought it was all done in early 2013.

@georgetigra we've got a mission this year mate! ;) Actually, it's two: Go to see if this logo is still there and make another one in the Brunnchen area!

Hey I remember this. I believe it was made by a group of GTPlanet members. It made front page...I think. Or I may have read the thread on the forums.
I remember though, another group ruined it by writing over it something about Forza. So the original group reworked on it the night before the race.

Thanks for clearing it up for me @Huks

I honestly do not care for this fan rivalry, as far as I know both games are fantastic.
I believe that due to obvious copyright reasons both game companies are not allowed to use names/logos from products that belong to the rival company.

However, does anyone remember the game Le Mans 24 Hours for the PlayStation 2 (previously released for the Dreamcast as Test Drive Le Mans)

1085011564-00.jpg

In this game the legendary Chrysler Viper from Team Oreca is there.

viper_gtsr_victor_preisler_05.jpg

I bet your keen eyes has noticed the Gran Turismo emblem on the windshield banner, and the fact that the team is sponsored by PlayStation.
Both the PlayStation sponsorship and Gran Turismo emblems are present in the game. You can even be see the Gran Turismo emblem on American cover for the game.

12724_front.jpg

Both the Gran Turismo and PlayStation names and logos are kept through all the incarnations of this car in the Gran Turismo series. However, this Le Mans game is the only game that I know of that still kept the PlayStation and Gran Turismo names on a non-sony game.

Just because there's a complete absent of the name PlayStation on an Xbox game, this doesn't mean I won't eventually know about PlayStation products.

^ Infogrames? isn't that publisher from driver 2 i think? (Reflections are the guys who made the driver game series).

Also remember back when you could mention your rival directly in a TV commercial or something? (just like how that 90's playstation commercial with crash and nintendo)

Last edited:
Thanks for clearing it up for me @Huks

I honestly do not care for this fan rivalry, as far as I know both games are fantastic.
I believe that due to obvious copyright reasons both game companies are not allowed to use names/logos from products that belong to the rival company.

However, does anyone remember the game Le Mans 24 Hours for the PlayStation 2 (previously released for the Dreamcast as Test Drive Le Mans)

1085011564-00.jpg

In this game the legendary Chrysler Viper from Team Oreca is there.

viper_gtsr_victor_preisler_05.jpg

I bet your keen eyes has noticed the Gran Turismo emblem on the windshield banner, and the fact that the team is sponsored by PlayStation.
Both the PlayStation sponsorship and Gran Turismo emblems are present in the game. You can even be see the Gran Turismo emblem on American cover for the game.

12724_front.jpg

Both the Gran Turismo and PlayStation names and logos are kept through all the incarnations of this car in the Gran Turismo series. However, this Le Mans game is the only game that I know of that still kept the PlayStation and Gran Turismo names on a non-sony game.

Just because there's a complete absent of the name PlayStation on an Xbox game, this doesn't mean I won't eventually know about PlayStation products.

...............Oh hang on I know this game; my first "serious" racing game that wasn't a GT.
..............Hell this game had a feature that I wished it was on GT5 also - altho' it did get implemented after many updates; you know, ability to save your progress mid-race by pitting.

Man I played a crap out of this title but don't remember much about this game now - the disc got scratched pretty bad and I had to get rid of it. Dang it.
...........Apologies for going off topic...carry on. :embarrassed:

Sorry for double post

my own bad replica:
Waring a very huge pic

_edting

Just one big problem, you need to download it to see it correctly as the page is white.

Fixed

View attachment 284437
If you redo that and crop it so it's a perfect square, it'll make a nice Avatar for some members that might want to use it. As it is, it gets autocropped on the sides as you can see in @GT5 Level 41 's sig. If you feel adventurous, try and recreate the logo as it is on the track in the same colours, and add a little Nurburgring logo at the bottom and you just might become a GTP legend overnight and be used in hundreds of sigs...maybe:cheers:

^
Sorry if you think i'm bad at editing but at least i tried.View attachment 284512

Also i was busy playing so i was not really focusing into this.
No I don't think you're bad at editing:lol:, just pointing out that Avatars in GTP are 200 pixels square, so if you create an image that's 200x250 it will crop the extra 50 pixels and in the case of your original artwork, it's cropping the sides for the one member that wanted to use it for their avatar.

^ What if i made like 300x300 or 500x500 (which is way more then should be) then what will happen?
Any size is fine, so long as it's square. It'll be automatically downsized to 200x200 when someone tries to make it an avatar. Square is the key thing. 👍👍

Any size is fine, so long as it's square. It'll be automatically downsized to 200x200 when someone tries to make it an avatar. Square is the key thing. 👍👍
Testing it as my avatar, should i make the nurburgring logo without the map or keep it?
Btw my avatar texture should like it's on the moon for some reason :P

Testing it as my avatar, should i make the nurburgring logo without the map or keep it?
Btw my avatar texture should like it's on the moon for some reason :P
Whatever you like it's up to you:tup:.

Back