GT-R Official Record (READ FIRST POST)

• Thread starter Falango
  • 365 comments
I'm still trying to get this. 7.32 is my best so far which was a very clean lap and no SRF.

Edit: I think I have reached the limit of my talent. Or lack of :indiff:

Don't give up, just give it a break and try again. It's more about track knowledge than pure racing skill. Skill can push you way under the time, but just taking all the corners reasonably correctly should net you the trophy.

Don't give up, just give it a break and try again. It's more about track knowledge than pure racing skill. Skill can push you way under the time, but just taking all the corners reasonably correctly should net you the trophy.

I will try again later. That 7.32 felt good but watching the replay back I can see a few corners where I can improve and I can race my ghost now I've saved it.

Just did 1/4 of a lap with SRF on and was 2.5 up on my ghost before slowing to a halt as I felt like I was cheating myself.

I'm determined to beat this without SRF. So like you say a break and then another try. :)

I'm hitting 7.40 min every lap now buy I just can't see where I can shave time. Everytime I put a wheel off track I end up spinning. Is this trophy easier with a pad?

Yeah I did it using DS3 but I'm wondering why ppl said GT-R Trophy was hard...

The most important thing is you NEED to know the track. I didn't try it until after I got gold on the awesome AMG events and then finally got it on second try. Knowing where to brake and when not to for turns is important. I can't stress it enough, learn the track and it will be easy as well. Good luck! :)

Yeah I did it using DS3 but I'm wondering why ppl said GT-R Trophy was hard...

The most important thing is you NEED to know the track. I didn't try it until after I got gold on the awesome AMG events and then finally got it on second try. Knowing where to brake and when not to for turns is important. I can't stress it enough, learn the track and it will be easy as well. Good luck! :)

Thats it. People must learn the track. I just did this trophy a few days after i buy the game in 2010. Before that i did all the Gold License, i learn a lot doing that. And i did a few races using the GT-R 07 stock to learn i works the car. When i go to beat the record, i just did at second attempt.

Thats it. People must learn the track. I just did this trophy a few days after i buy the game in 2010. Before that i did all the Gold License, i learn a lot doing that. And i did a few races using the GT-R 07 stock to learn i works the car. When i go to beat the record, i just did at second attempt.
I know the track very well. I reckon the vast majority of people that beat the record it this thread used skid force recovery.

When i go to beat the record, i just did at second attempt.

Yes, I know. You've said it twice. ;)

Anyway, you're right; one has got to know the track. But people around here should stop saying an event is easy just because they did it themselves.

Easy for some, difficult for others. Simple as that.

I did a lot of reruns before I beat it. And now when I came back to it I still seem to always be 1-2 seconds late. So no, I would not call it easy. But that's me.

Yes, I know. You've said it twice. ;)

Anyway, you're right; one has got to know the track. But people around here should stop saying an event is easy just because they did it themselves.

Easy for some, difficult for others. Simple as that.

I did a lot of reruns before I beat it. And now when I came back to it I still seem to always be 1-2 seconds late. So no, I would not call it easy. But that's me.

I tried this GTR challenge after completing the Lamborgini seasonal at Nurburgring. I found that seasonal more challenging, and achieved this trophy on my second run, ie. not the "out lap," the "flying lap". Without having completed that seasonal, I'm guessing the GTR trophy would have required a lot more attempts.

Incidentally, I completely agree with you about people posting "this event was easy!"

I tried this race around 15 times now, and I always come in between 7:31-7:35.
It's very frustrating, I can't seem to do any better.
I know the track more than well, I must've raced on it a million times already.
Any tips?

Any tips?

Slow down.

It's impossible to be sure without seeing your laps and where you lose time but odds heavily favor problems with pushing too hard. Slow down a bit earlier / a bit more, wait a bit later to get on the gas / to go from medium-high to full-throttle. Most issues tend to lie in one of those areas. The car is plenty fast enough and your time is close, so being a bit more calm might get you there or at least help you identify where you're not getting the most out of it.

Any tips?

Here is a video of me just making the trophy (7.28.921): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5sciAJcMm0

Most turns (but not all) are good and I keep a decent line and try to keep the car within the curbs. It's by no means perfect but maybe you can get an idea how to shave off a few seconds. I only made it that one time though, so I am clearly unable to take my own advice. :)

Not exactly easy! I gave up half way through my 3rd lap, especially after getting a red time for putting 2 wheels on the grass 5.30 through the lap. :(

Will be trying again soon though. Requires such concentration and coordination.

what happens with me when i follow my ghost, is that i am driving the same way ....same gear changes and speed. watch a good time ghost, youtube like a 7:25 or less. see the speed that is carried thru turns, gears and braking points, and accel out of turns.

I managed to get a 7.17 easily, i did a warm up lap to get a feel for the car and learn how it handles and to warm the tires up, i punched it round the track and got the time i did on the second lap. If i can get this trophy then anyone can, i suck at driving 4WD cars because they just wont turn no matter what i do with the car im tuning (excluding my Lamborghini Avantador which actually turns)

Just got a 7:25.178 !!!

Felt good, and didn't realise I was a couple seconds under the record when I made it.

Thought the record was 7:25.xxx and was hoping I was quick enough before checking here :)

Again, I realize this thread is a older one, but I was to busy completing GT4 the old fashion way back then. I never paid much attention to my GT5 trophy accumulations after I finished GT4 100%, but yesterday morning I decided to see exactly what I had. I noticed immediately I did not have the GT-R Official Record Nürburgring Nordschleife Trophy. So, after much frustration and time yesterday I finally accomplished the task. If anyone is still around seeking that trophy my simple advise would be to slow down and not push to hard and take no shortcuts or face disqualification. Go real careful right after the big straight toward the final curves. It gets like old fashion GT4 sadistic there lol !

Photo proof from my personal Sony PlayStation Website after sync...

Trophy-Official Record At Nürburgring Nordschleife.JPG

Went back to GT5 also, sort of missed it and it has it’s charms. Got this trophy finally too, took a few laps to get back into it with the DS3 and finally nailed a 7’29.014.

Now the interesting thing is the actual GTR Record was only the 20600 m. Lap, in GT you have to do the full 20832 m. That’s about 4 seconds longer.

Some mileposts along the way to help judge your pace from the April 2008 run:

Hatzenbach 0:40.0
Yokohama sign 1:25.0
Km 7 Marker 1:55
Ex-Muhle 3:03
Karroussel 4:23
Brunnchen 5:24
Audi Gantry 6:45
Bilstein 7:08 0:23 168 mph, 270 kph
FIN 7:29.03

But you need to take a few seconds off and aim for a 6:41 at the Audi Gantry.

The stock Arcade GT-R is a fun nice car for the ‘Ring. Using another stock version but setting my preferred BB of 8/5 I easily knocked 3 seconds off for a 7:26.

Just a hint put your grip setting on real makes more of a challenge. This might be of topic try and get under 7minutes 55 seconds with the IMPREZA SEDAN WRX STI '10. That was more of a challenge for me and shows the level of driving ability of real drivers!)

Back