GT Vison Release Date!!

Well how much are you going to bet the next Gran Turismo is going to be a carbon copy of GT4, with no new tracks, no new cars, and GT4's graphics? And how much are you willing to bet that the new GT is going to be bundled up and marketed as "Vision Gran Turismo?" Vision GT is nothing more but a concept of GT5, starting with more cars on track and more activity in the pits. There's also rumors of car damage according to IGNore (ign.com).

I seriously doubt GT5 will be "GT4 vol. 2." Even when it's about 4 months after GT5's release and some "n00b" revives this thread for no apparent reason (granted it's not locked by a Moderator), I can still say that Vision Gran Turismo is just like the Bentley Speed 8 in GT Mode- Not For Sale. Dig me?

Like a lot of people i would still buy VGT if it came out at the same time as the PS3. Who wouldn't want GT4 where you race agains 19+ other opponents instead of the usual 5. Having such a poor field of cars to race against has been my biggest bugbear with the series ever since GT'1' - its the only reason why i play the Toca series of games. Add this to the fact that i'm sure the online side will be sorted by then, and they'll no doubt up the frame rate a few notches.

Its not as if PD never brings out 'in between' GT games is it?

Concept? Prologue? why not Vision?

I'd pay $60 for the next gen GT. I paid $55 for Half Life 2, and GT is more fun and more satisfying. $10 isn't a king's ransom anymore.

Still not buying these claims. That is, unless this is just going to be what GT Concept was to GT3, what GT4 "Prologue" was to GT4, or something like that. I still think this is basically an upgraded GT4. I'm sorry. I don't see this as a brand new GT game. The next GT is supposed to use the PS3's power, and I don't think the PS3 is coming out in until maybe Spring next year. Would you be real confident that this will be a launch title for the PS3? I think PD is going to take their time with GT5.

I'm sorry. I'm still not buying these claims.

Maybe this thread wasn't so poprular if you could only say you WERE buying this. We would be done much more faster if that one person that DOES buy this release date, reported it here, and then we could assume everyone else doesn't lol.

OMG good days coming in the future because of this section:D:D:tup: Waiting and anticipating while not knowing what will be ingame is the most fun you can get besides playing a new GT game yourself:D:D:tup:

When I say "I'm not buying this," I mean buying in terms of believing something. That's all.

I do think sony would be smart to launch some breed of gran turismo at the PS3 launch, because many people I know, including me only purchased a PS2 for GT3.

What I think might (operable word) happen is that PD will release this 'Vision GT' as something similar to GT Concept or Prologue with the Japanese PS3 release. This will give them something to hang their hat on and a nice release game while they work on GT5 (remember GT3 wasn't released until well after the PS2 release). However, I would guess that this would be just to placate the Japanese fans and, as usual, it won't be available here in North America.

The bad side to this strategy, of course, would be listening to the chortling of Xbox fans: "Haw haw! That's the next GT??!!? WTF?! It looks exactly like GT4!! Haw haw! Teh PS3 is crap! LOLRFLMAO!!!!!"

^yeah, IF GT Vision gets any kind of release, i doubt it'll come to Europe or US. It will be the equivalent of GT2000.

gt2000_06.jpg

However if that release date comes true i will personally give each GTPlanet member £5 (or equivalent currency)

Back