GT4 WRS Week 184 : CLK Touring Car @ Trial Mountain Reverse

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 82 comments
firts splits for the grand finale:

T1 14.551
T2 40.978
T3 1'01.265

I had one lap with a 59.8 in it but it was dirty with a wall hit at the beginning (you know the one I'm talkin' about :P) I'm sitting with:

Top Speed 320 not using 6th gear :D
:14.195
:40.213 (need to find another .2 here somewhere???)
:59.971
Still would like to get a couple more tenths shaved but time will tell.

Jerome

EDK
I find the best way to earn money once you are through the first couple rounds of events is to just run some races online.

If you don't want to go that route, the high money event in the early rounds is the Integra R at Daytona. Once you get good at it, you can take first every time, and quickly. 👍

But it's been 6 months since I went through all of that, so my memory is a little foggy. Now I have the problem of needing to find ways to spend credits so I'm not maxed out all the time. :sly:

And like I mentioned to you before, save up for that DFGT wheel. ;)

And I would not consider this completely off topic, it's offering suggestions on continuing participation in this very series. Helping other racers is what WRS is all about. 👍

Kevin,

Thanks mate, I did last night the online race, as i only have beginner so it was the suzuka east with 16.000 for 1st place and there's the A-1 Daytona with 35.000 for 1st...

An don't worry i'm saving up but may be for the G25 :sly:

I won't be getting a PS3 untill the full version comes out most likely.
Same here. :)
I have to say thanks and cheers to sjaak68 and Sphinx for doing an awesome job of putting combos together week after week. Also thanks to everyone who did on the side testing while still posting up top notch times every week. Now it's time to see if someone wants to buy me a ps3 for Christmas or if I am going to have to kick out the cash myself. Either way thanks for having such a standup racing community stuctured without having online capabilities.
Exactly what he said! I'll have to make at least some time for this one, everyone's efforts and time over the past few years have been great, and greatly appreciated!!! 👍👍

Thanks guys!

I like this combo. Even when I'm flying, for real. The hard tires are a challenge in this one, too. Here's my first attempt:

T1 - 15.178
T2 - 41.269
T3 - 1'01.178

I've got to say, I'll miss the WRS. Good luck everyone! And thanks for all the fun!

Second session netted a little over 0.5 at the line. Think there's about another 0.5 out there for me, but I' not sure if I'll have time to find it. I see time in the 3rd sector when watching my replay.

1:00.171

Still using the 320 gears.

BOARD Updated through my post. 👍

Last edited:
Fast one Kevin 👍 with a full second at T3 over xrad you're in for a sure Div2 win this week :)

I managed a slightly faster lap yesterday evening but T3 was slower than my current splits on the board so I'll leave them as they are ...
More sit-down time coming up to award the final WRS combo the time it deserves :bowdown:

Ran a few laps this morning with 320. I was instantly faster than 290 so thanks to all for posting the gearing. hope to have some splits up there with Kevin by the end of the day. On to the apartment search!

Fast one Kevin 👍 with a full second at T3 over xrad you're in for a sure Div2 win this week :)

I managed a slightly faster lap yesterday evening but T3 was slower than my current splits on the board so I'll leave them as they are ...
More sit-down time coming up to award the final WRS combo the time it deserves :bowdown:

Well done EDK! I see what I must do for D2. D1 is way out there, nice. A little effort goes a long way. 👍

Well done EDK! I see what I must do for D2. D1 is way out there, nice. A little effort goes a long way. 👍

Not sure that I'll have time to run after tonight, but I'm going after that last 0.5. I would already have it, if not for my inconsistency at T1. Want to make my performance in the last GT4 WRS a good one!!

I gave it another try and found some improvement:

T1: 14.513
T2: 40.718
T3: 1'00.467

Leaderboard

made some improvement. It would be nice to grab another .3 but it's getting close to my limit. :)

14.446 / 40.521 / 1'00.359

EDIT: OK, got another .2 so if I can get .1 more I will be happy

14.320 / 40.274 / 1'00.129

Last edited:
-- back to the drawing board. I got my magic time just to find out it's dirty in the last turn. :grumpy: had a 59.831 :ouch:

Last edited:
Just finished my first run-through of the final GT4 WRS combo.... and what a combo it is! Awesome car at an awesome track!

1'01.961

I gave back quite a bit right before T3. Will now go to try and clean that up.

I must say that I am very glad that I was told about this great site. In the short amount of time I have been participating in the WRS, I feel my skills have improved exponentially. The way I see and attack a driving situation is completely changed, and I couldn't have done it without the massive amounts of help I have received from the fine folks that contribute to GTP.

Enough sappy stuff, back to racin! :sly:

Nice to see such a large turn-up for this last event. I guess we're leaving the GT4 WRS with a big bang! 👍

Leaderboard

My laps keep on getting faster but not the splits :nervous: which can only mean that I had one fast lap once and now keep improving on my final sector. It's a real thrill if you learn to do the final stretch flatout without one gas lift. Great combo Sjaak 👍

First splits after a couple laps, still trying to adjust to the understeer and stiffness that this car provides compared to the BMW CSL on the same tires I was just driving. Hopefully I'll get the hang of it soon!

1'01.205

First splits after a couple laps, still trying to adjust to the understeer and stiffness that this car provides compared to the BMW CSL on the same tires I was just driving. Hopefully I'll get the hang of it soon!

1'01.205
You're on the board. 👍

Apart from the very first chicane, where I either miss the rumble strips on the inside or massively slam into the wall (if only that tiny bit of concrete on the inside where inbounds....), I have most trouble (understeer) with the fast left/right hander just before T3. :crazy:

New splits:
T1 - 14.927
T2 - 41.021
T3 - 1'00.825

It's funny how the final WRS is happening at the same weekend as the season final of F1. Who will it be, LH or FM?

Happy Halloween (00)

Last edited:
(if only that tiny bit of concrete on the inside where inbounds....)

Yeah, all my laps were using the little slice of concrete in the chicane. :ouch:

so I deleted everything this morning and I am trying again... I hope everyone else realizes this or there will be a lot of DQ's this last week!

note to self: 0% power and NO concrete!

Last edited:
Sorry Jake for the confusion.

But just as last week,concrete is not part of the track.

I had added it to the rules and was in the understanding racers would look in the race thread what is legal and what not.

It is not my goal to have DQ in this last race.

So People:

0% power and NO More then 2 wheels on the concrete!

Sorry Jake for the confusion.

But just as last week,concrete is not part of the track.

I had added it to the rules and was in the understanding racers would look in the race thread what is legal and what not.

It is not my goal to have DQ in this last race.

So People:

0% power and NO More then 2 wheels on the concrete!

I've already scrapped a lot of runs for using the concrete in the chicane. That chicane is like the one at Seattle Reverse. I get it right about 1 out of 10 tries and then there's trying to turn a good T1 into a good lap. :crazy:

I've improved at the line with a slight change to my splits, but I forgot to write it down. T3 is now 1:00.0xx, hoping to still find those last few tenths tonight, I think that will be my last chance to run since I have a LAN this weekend.

Last race of an era. I've got to pop in and say good bye to the GT4 WRS, despite the fact that I haven't raced or admined for a while.
Exactly 2 years since my last post as the steward. :(

I'd have raced this one if only I hadn't given GT4 to my brother.
It'll be for later. When PD will eventually released GT5... in 2010.
In the meanwhile, I'm sticking to Forza2, GTAIV, Fable2...

Good luck to all with the GT5P WRS, and see you in 2 years on the track :mischievous:
And big 👍 to Sjaak and Jerry and Ron for all the effort they've put into this. A well deserved success.

Jαke;3203587
Yeah, all my laps were using the little slice of concrete in the chicane. :ouch:

so I deleted everything this morning and I am trying again... I hope everyone else realizes this or there will be a lot of DQ's this last week!

note to self: 0% power and NO concrete!

After further review, my reported splits are no good either. Left tires touch concrete by a thin margin.

My weekend's going to be pretty jam-packed, so I hope I can get something in on this.

Last edited:
Last race of an era. I've got to pop in and say good bye to the GT4 WRS, despite the fact that I haven't raced or admined for a while.
Exactly 2 years since my last post as the steward. :(

I'd have raced this one if only I hadn't given GT4 to my brother.
It'll be for later. When PD will eventually released GT5... in 2010.
In the meanwhile, I'm sticking to Forza2, GTAIV, Fable2...

Good luck to all with the GT5P WRS, and see you in 2 years on the track :mischievous:
And big 👍 to Sjaak and Jerry and Ron for all the effort they've put into this. A well deserved success.
Salut Cyril,
Nice to see you're still around, and too bad you can't join in for the final WRS week of fun in GT4.

As a gesture to all these years of WRS tradition it might be nice to extend the final week by another week just to give the celebration the attention and turnup it deserves? Just a thought to pass to the steward ...

PS to Cyril: whatever happened to your avatar mate? :lol:

1'01.699

Gluten and Concrete Free :sly:

A tad bit slower in the first sector, but starting to hit my stride in the series right before T3. Hopefully will get to hit this again before the deadline on Monday.

Back