GT5 freezes during game-startup

• Thread starter wbrinkman
  • 46 comments
I will probalby try that. This is their first attempt at online so I imagine this game is going to have a LOT of online problems within the first week.

There was online in GTP. So no not there first game. Maybe there first full game, but still GTP had quite a bit of content online.

This makes me slightly happier that I wont be getting mine till tomorrow, I might have had a heart attack if I got a blank screen for five minutes!

Yea I'm happy to wait until tomorrow when the rest of the world gets it. Maybe everything will be up and running then. However, I have a feeling this game won't be running at full capacity for a while after release, I'm sure there are going to be patches to fix a lot of bugs.

For those questioning if their game crashed during startup (staring for 5 minutes at the "gran turismo 5" logo, with no BlueRay or harddrive activity)

It will give you an error or time-out stating it can't communicate with an online server, once that is given, the game starts.

Don't think your game has actually crashed, just wait impatiently for 5 minutes for the time-out to register....

just downloading the 133mb patch then will be on it

There was online in GTP. So no not there first game. Maybe there first full game, but still GTP had quite a bit of content online.
Thats what I mean. This is their first FULL game online. Which means its going to get pounded with traffic within the first week. If the online works properly the first week, I will be very impressed.

Same problem here.

You just have to wait or: deactivate internet connection before starting the game.

And by the way: this game is the buggiest worst piece of **** I ever had to experience. 100% disappointment. It is soooo ugly I cant believe it...

How many bugs can it have?????????:nervous::nervous::nervous:

Is this still an issue with the install? Hopefully my fiance can rent this for me sometime today while I am at work. If not I will try and rent it over the weekend.

Thats great news especially to see PD is instantly fixing problems. Nothing is more important than a developer supporting their product after its released. The game will have its share of problems but as long as PD fixes them asap, then I will be happy.

I keep getting timed out in the first couple screens, but I can jump right into community with no problems once I'm in my home menu. What gives?

I must be really unlucky because I cannot finish the compact car tournament. It freezes when it is loading a track. It doesn't hapen anytime else...
I've deleted the install and am running it 100% off thedisc to see if that helps.

The game still freezes even when I turned off internet access.

And yes: I have patiently let the game try to unfreeze for 10 mins. The music stops and I have to forcibly shut off my PS3 slim.
FRUSTRATING.

Arcade mode hasn't had any problems.

There is nothing wrong with my PS3 cos I played some Demon's Souls alternatively.

Last edited:
I disconnected my net and it STILL HANGS! I left it on overnight... guess what still there... reinstalled.... works fine on other profiles.... but not the important one (with all 200 of my cars and 95 percent done!!!) Save file corrupted?

Back