GT5 Hybrids

• Thread starter NSXDriver
  • 1,127 comments
you could make a realistic hybrid, if it's possible to bring two engines in one car:

"MTM Bimoto TT"
it's an audi TT, tuned by MTM.
it has two engines, (2,0 liter 4cylinder with 510 horsepower.
the two engines produce 1020 hp)

so it would be great to build exactky that car!
This car would probably have so much turbo lag, an Evo X has a 2 liter engine with huge turbos and has a very big amount of turbo lag.

I don't think so, because I was still able to connect to the GT5 servers and if I was banned then PD would have rejected the connection. Let me explain more about what happened. I had around 60 or so car tickets that I thought was about time to have opened, so I opened Car Exchange and selected the Open All option.

With around 7 cars left it suddenly stopped and now when I try and go into the Car Exchange it just comes up with the black loading screen with the silver GT logo before going back to GT Life.

It's annoying that I can't receive any more cars but it's not the end of the world I guess. Everything else working as normal.

EDIT: I'm definitely not banned because I'm in a GT5 lobby right now.
This happens to me when i try to use the +20% power improvement in any car, i guess it just happens if something in the game is being accessed that isn't supposed to be accessed.

RE amemiya RX-7 (not the GT300 one) painted yellow with the 787B engine and turbo'd, comes out at about 1,000bhp, so much fun.

jagenigma
This car would probably have so much turbo lag, an Evo X has a 2 liter engine with huge turbos and has a very big amount of turbo lag.

Turbo lag doesn't exists in GT5, according to someone.

Turbo lag is a big thing in GT5 its just that the turbo guage doesnt work properly but oh my goodness you can sure feel it. I <3 Turbo lag!

I can make cars like Ferrari 512BB fitted with turbo that has minimum lag, responsive and with ample top end power, or fit a different turbo that makes it unresponsive, lots of lag and only good when nearing redline :D It's not just the engine.

GTV0819
I wouldn't mention it but you can see that guy saying it in an old thread.
What you don't understand, it is that one or two people saying "there is no turbo lag". Then for every person saying that there isn't, there are twice as many saying that there is.
It is your choice who you want to believe. No one can change your mind if you already have your mind made up. If you actually have someone prove it to you on the game, you can either deny it or believe it. Don't judge your findings on here say. Which that's all you have done so far.
ZedMan1996
Turbo lag is a big thing in GT5 its just that the turbo guage doesnt work properly but oh my goodness you can sure feel it. I <3 Turbo lag!
I agree, the gauges are garbage. One cool thing I like to do while hybrid a car is fixing the gauges.
Youngun
Option 350z as an example, big turbo and massive lag
80mm turbo :lol:. Shame that car was totaled in real life. I love driving that car around Nurburgring.

Ridox2JZGTE
I can make cars like Ferrari 512BB fitted with turbo that has minimum lag, responsive and with ample top end power, or fit a different turbo that makes it unresponsive, lots of lag and only good when nearing redline :D It's not just the engine.
Yep. Also, I'll be picking up that car and all the other cars you wanted me to try in a couple hours.

The only thing a #1 Gran Turismo 5 turbo lag fan can say, tsk tsk....

WTF!? Its as if you think GT5 is better without lag! Stick a turbo into the samba bus and feel the massive Turbo lag. Or the Video Option 350Z. THAT is turbo lag if you want to experience it!

Turbo lag doesn't exists in GT5, according to someone.

Did you get this very reliable source from a YouTube comment? A rage butthurt on GameSpot forums?
Or simply an imbecile from GTPlanet.

Right here is a demo on Turbo lag:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjK7ModO8Lc

&

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L_Pb7Rm59w

To be honest every Single Turbo car in GT5 experiences lag.

Last edited:
ZedMan1996
WTF!? Its as if you think GT5 is better without lag! Stick a turbo into the samba bus and feel the massive Turbo lag. Or the Video Option 350Z. THAT is turbo lag if you want to experience it!

Wew...Can you chill the hell out first, please?

Not exactly and even if you say that one, I didn't mention that the game will be better without it, now did I? Personally, I don't care whether there is turbo lag in this game or none so what's the point if you guys are telling me that there is?

EDIT: You got PM.

Last edited:
Turbo lag basically describes the delay between throttle input and engine response, what you describe is power kicking in at a later point because the power curve is low at low RPM in those specific cars. If there was turbo lag, you could leave off the throttle at high RPM in the Option Stream Z, step on it again, and it would take a notable delay until it accelerates again. It doesn't, unless the RPM drops into the low power zone again.

Source.

So, yeah. Anyway, could we stop going off topic now?

Last edited:
Wew...Can you chill the hell out first, please?

Not exactly and even if you say that one, I didn't mention that the game will be better without it, now did I? Personally, I don't care whether there is turbo lag in this game or none so what's the point if you guys are telling me that there is?

EDIT: You got PM.

We are telling you that it is because you said it is not.

Look at the videos for goodness sake.

Oohhhh I'm gonna try and get the 1111th post in this thread :D

KiroKai
Turbo lag basically describes the delay between throttle input and engine response, what you describe is power kicking in at a later point because the power curve is low at low RPM in those specific cars. If there was turbo lag, you could leave off the throttle at high RPM in the Option Stream Z, step on it again, and it would take a notable delay until it accelerates again. It doesn't, unless the RPM drops into the low power zone again.

Source.

So, yeah. Anyway, could you stop going off topic now?

Lol.

The only reason why it got off-topic is because some people got curious that I told someone said there wasn't turbo lag in this game, then they just said that there is, even naming some cars. Well, I just don't care if there is. Not going to talk about that here anymore, I hope.

Lol.

The only reason why it got off-topic is because some people got curious that I told someone said there wasn't turbo lag in this game, then they just said that there is, even naming some cars. Well, I just don't care if there is. Not going to talk about that here anymore, I hope.

I even gave you video proof. Its just these cars are key examples because the turbo kicks in at really high RPM's and that without the turbo kicking in they have very very little power. These cars have effing huuuuuuuuuge turbos so thats why they are key examples for turbo lag.

We just want to show you proof.

ZedMan1996
I even gave you video proof. Its just these cars are key examples because the turbo kicks in at really high RPM's and that without the turbo kicking in they have very very little power. These cars have effing huuuuuuuuuge turbos so thats why they are key examples for turbo lag.

We just want to show you proof.

Okay okay, I get it already. But this thread shouldn't get off-topic just because of something you guys believe. That should be enough now since someone said not to get off-topic in this thread.

Is it still possible to lower cars in 2.14? Engine swap and Wing removal works great for me, but lowering doesn't.
It worked once [removed] but I can't remember the settings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it still possible to lower cars in 2.14? Engine swap and Wing removal works great for me, but lowering doesn't.
It worked once [removed] but I can't remember the settings.

Pretty sure you can, considering all of the latest photos in the hybrid showcase thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
HP multiplier doesn't work anymore right? I wish it still did cause the current way of trying to make realistic HP cars is so damn hard :(

A friend told me he swapped an engine and it worked on 2.15. I don't wanna rely on him though as it seems the update resets and prevents hybriding. Can anyone test simple part swaps on 2.15? :nervous:

Personally, I won't update nor play GT5 if 2.15 completely killed them. I don't wanna lose my hybrids, but I spend 95% of my time on GT5 driving with friends in lobbies, we're not even racing most of the time, just cruising, enjoying our cars. If this is taken away it's a car showcase photo game for me, nothing more. Driving itself is great in GT, but it feels incredibly lonely and dead offline. There's just photomode left for me then.

Let me give you a short example, I love the smooth shifts of automatics like the SL55 and IS F gearboxes and it's awesome to be able to transfer these onto cars like the GranTurismo S (which now have ZF 6 speed automatics in reality), gives the car a whole new, elegant feel. Now PD kicks in and takes this joy away once again. :guilty:

Last edited:
KiroKai
A friend told me he swapped an engine and it worked on 2.15. I don't wanna rely on him though as it seems the update resets and prevents hybriding.
You need a proof for that.

Back