GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
Since photomode is not realtime, the game renders the image to a file, and most PS3 exclusive games are designed around streaming everything when they are needed, I see no reason why the textures should be reduced in size in the photomode image

They don't need to store all the textures in video ram like PC games

True and a reason why I think it's odd.

I'm wondering if it's a case of PD not being done with the photomode yet but it's unlikely this late in the development cycle. My bet is streaming the higher quality textures would delay the rendering considerably (a few seconds) and PD for some reason didn't like the streaming delay, choosing not to stream those textures at all.

Whatever the reason however, the texture resolution difference in photomode shots is there.

I'm bringing this up because it's quite relevant to those who, like me, will spend a lot of time in photomode. Basically, you don't want to do extreme close ups with an "in race" car. You are better off doing it with an "in photomode location" car.

Photomode? I'm sorry but are you kidding? What is touted as the best driving simulator on a game console today, and you just want to take pictures with it? I truly do not know what to say to that.

I have been coming here maybe once a day these past couple of weeks because going back in the dialog you can find, at times, some intelligent things being said, and discuss, or try to discuss them with fellow "Driving/Racing Enthusiasts". This takes the cake. Buy a camera!

Last post here. Tired of the bickering and foolishness. Back to getting ready for my GT4 LAN meet in August, and working on the 100,000 points possible therein. Realize I will probably not make it to 100,000 but the work put in so far has been grand.

my question is why are you analyzing photos of the NASCARs racing and saying photomode sucks? The racing images of the NASCARs aren't from photomode. the garage photos might be, but those look awesome....I'm confused...what are we arguing about again?

Photomode? I'm sorry but are you kidding? What is touted as the best driving simulator on a game console today, and you just want to take pictures with it? I truly do not know what to say to that.

I have been coming here maybe once a day these past couple of weeks because going back in the dialog you can find, at times, some intelligent things being said, and discuss, or try to discuss them with fellow "Driving/Racing Enthusiasts". This takes the cake. Buy a camera!

I guess you're the only one allowed to have an opinion then? The cars are rendered beautifully, and most here like myself think of cars not only as track weapons but of works of art. I will be using photomode to appriciate the beauty of some of these cars, and I doubt anyone apart from the Polyphony staff have access to all of these vehicles so a real camera is pretty useless if you wanted to go off taking pics of them!

If it was such a useless feature, then why was it very popular in GT4, and why would Kaz (who is one of the biggest "Driving/Racing Enthusiasts" out there) bother to put it in?

Nope, only seen ones are from GT PSP, i would love to see it running on PS3 hardware thats forsure.

Oh man don't start it again.We seen 1000 times the poster with Veyron (that comes with GTPSP) and it's DEFINITELY PREMIUM.Just like that.
There's NO REASON to rent 2.000.000$ car and make a STANDARD model from it...

Oh man don't start it again.We seen 1000 times the poster with Veyron (that comes with GTPSP) and it's DEFINITELY PREMIUM.Just like that.
There's NO REASON to rent 2.000.000$ car and make a STANDARD model from it...
It's the same thing I thought about the Audi R8 LMS and the glorious Lamborghini Countach.....
then we realized they were standard:nervous:.

http://systemlink.gamersguidetolife.com/2010/07/gran-turismo-5-online-multiplayer.html

"My Lounge is GT5's hub from which you'll access all of GT5's new online features. Hit the Community tab and you'll pull up a bulletin board filled with your latest stats and your recent mail from friends and other players.

You can browse through your friends' bulletin boards and check their progress on and offline, and sent out mail and challenges. My Lounge supports voice chat for up to 32 players and lets you host 16-player online races or spectate on races in progress, as well as watch the GT-TV VOD service and race replays."

In the latest issue of Official Playstation Magazine, the 'My Lounge' for Gran Turismo 5 has been unvieled and detailed

anyone have this magazine..?

If it was such a useless feature, then why was it very popular in GT4, and why would Kaz (who is one of the biggest "Driving/Racing Enthusiasts" out there) bother to put it in?

I read an interview with Kaz a couple of years back ( don't know where, I guess in some magazine so don't ask for any links please ) that apart from driving/racing in his leisure time his other hobbies/extracurricular activities included photography, listening to classical music and collecting wines ( quite a cultured chap ).

So photography and classical music ( in the playlist ) were included in GT4 although collecting wines is probably much harder to implement, maybe he could include some vouchers for GT5 ( or the collecting part in GT-games is a metaphor ).;)

Last post here. Tired of the bickering and foolishness. Back to getting ready for my GT4 LAN meet in August, and working on the 100,000 points possible therein. Realize I will probably not make it to 100,000 but the work put in so far has been grand.
Don't let the door hit you on the way out, little besserwisser! :rolleyes:

http://systemlink.gamersguidetolife.com/2010/07/gran-turismo-5-online-multiplayer.html

"My Lounge is GT5's hub from which you'll access all of GT5's new online features. Hit the Community tab and you'll pull up a bulletin board filled with your latest stats and your recent mail from friends and other players.

You can browse through your friends' bulletin boards and check their progress on and offline, and sent out mail and challenges. My Lounge supports voice chat for up to 32 players and lets you host 16-player online races or spectate on races in progress, as well as watch the GT-TV VOD service and race replays."

In the latest issue of Official Playstation Magazine, the 'My Lounge' for Gran Turismo 5 has been unvieled and detailed

anyone have this magazine..?

Good find 👍

Is this in the UK magazine? I hadn't noticed a new edition out recently but I'll keep an eye out.

The online mode functions are looking promising.

photomode is awesome... I love taking photos of my car and my friends cars in real life... unfortunatly in real life we drive Integras and Celicas, so not much chance me getting a ferrari, veyron or a race car for that matter, for a full day/night to take some pictures of it... GT gives me that chance. For those who say its pointless and GT should be about the racing... well Im sure theres other games out there that are 1 dimentional. GT offers you more than 1D racing game, as Kaz says GT invites you to enjoy all eliments of car cultures...

Good find 👍

Is this in the UK magazine? I hadn't noticed a new edition out recently but I'll keep an eye out.

The online mode functions are looking promising.
Yep,I'm pretty sure that the on-line part will have a huge improvement and Kaz has promised it many time in a lot interview!but I don't really like this one again:
More than 20 tracks with more than 70 variations featuring famous world circuits and real-world city locales.

Where did I say I will only play GT5 to take pictures? :lol:

my question is why are you analyzing photos of the NASCARs racing and saying photomode sucks? The racing images of the NASCARs aren't from photomode. the garage photos might be, but those look awesome....I'm confused...what are we arguing about again?

Saying photomode sucks? What the hell? Where did I say that? Way to misunderstand someone...

I wouldn't put much hope on OPM as they are a very unreliable source of Information really when it comes to Granturismo.

You mean you can actually drive those cars? ;)

I mean, even if I was buying GT5 only for the photomode. What's the problem? If GT4 is anything to go by, I can also call GT5 the best photography simulator on consoles and can easily see why a photography enthusiast would buy GT5 for the photomode alone.

I mean, even if I was buying GT5 only for the photomode. What's the problem? If GT4 is anything to go by, I can also call GT5 the best photography simulator on consoles and can easily see why a photography enthusiast would buy GT5 for the photomode alone.

There's absolutely no problem if anyone did buy GT only to take photo's, which I doubt anyone would actually do by the way, as the way you want to experience any game is completely up to you.
You did get I was only joking or didn't you? :)

There's absolutely no problem if anyone did buy GT only to take photo's, which I doubt anyone would actually do by the way, as the way you want to experience any game is completely up to you.
You did get I was only joking or didn't you? :)

Yep. It was a poor quote on my part. It wasn't really directed at you. I was using your implication that someone could buy the game for photomode alone to complement my answer to D.Pritchard :)

Yep. It was a poor quote on my part. It wasn't really directed at you. I was using your implication that someone could buy the game for photomode alone to complement my answer to D.Pritchard :)

Thought you might, but apparantly D.Pritchard has left the building.......:)

Back