GT5 Master Track List (NOT a wishlist)

• Thread starter CyborgGT
  • 5,199 comments
Well why not fire up the game and have a look for yourself?

Or be satisfied by knowing that its probably either:

A: A collapsed Easter Island Statue.
B: Buried boxes of used notepads from Translator-San's basement.
C: Part of the plane from Lost.

Do you not know how to quote? I'm really busy doing work I don't have time to turn on the spaceship I meant PS3

I was running a while ago the Monza race in the Dream Car Championship from the Extreme events in B-spec mode, and I noticed that in the last 1-2 laps it looked as if some time passed and the sun set down a bit. Before starting the race I didn't notice any "time change" or "weather change" icon (there was only the sun icon). Did anybody else notice this?

Interesting. Did not notice this, but will try to look for it next time 👍

Interesting. Did not notice this, but will try to look for it next time 👍

I checked again today (without entering the race) and it had the sun/rain icon. So I guess the different light conditions I experienced yesterday were simply because of the changing cloud cover. It would be much better if lighting for all tracks was a bit more variable, even without full weather and night/day cycles. It makes the driving experience more realistic. Another track I had the chance to drive on slightly different light conditions than normal only due to the changing cloud cover was La Sarthe 2009.

By the way, on the same lines it's interesting to note that License Test IC-1 on the Top Gear Test Track is on wet conditions, and apparently a different time of the day (looks like morning).
However wet conditions are not normally selectable in the game for that track (at least at my level - lv 19 A-spec, lv 26 B-spec).

Do you not know how to quote? I'm really busy doing work I don't have time to turn on the spaceship I meant PS3

Actually, on a similar subject I have a pothole at the end of my driveway but I can't remember which side its on. Could someone from here go and have a look and tell me?

A comparison

GT4 tracks

gt4tracksfinal.png

GT5 tracks

gt5tracksfinal.png

GT4 and GT5 have virtually the same number of unique (not reversed) variations.
GT4 however had much more variety (more unique tracks).

Can someone tell me the difference in the 4hr and the 24hr Nurburgring tracks?

The 4hr track utilizes the DTM configuration of the circuit while the 24hr layout uses portions of the GP configuration.

The 4 Hour Track (Type V) uses the Nordschleife plus the DTM layout of the Circuit.

The 24h Track uses the Nordschleife plus the GP layout minus the Mercedes Arena. So Turn 1 isnt a proper Hairpin anymore, but a very tight 1st gear right-left chicane.

The 4 Hour Track (Type V) uses the Nordschleife plus the DTM layout of the Circuit.

The 24h Track uses the Nordschleife plus the GP layout minus the Mercedes Arena. So Turn 1 isnt a proper Hairpin anymore, but a very tight 1st gear right-left chicane.

Ok thanks.

Ya, at one point a lot of publications were going with 40/100 for the track list. Don't know what happened, but holding back doesn't sound like PD, but it does sound like Sony.

I wonder if PD at one point had intended to add some of those missing original tracks to GT5, but late in the game decided to hold them over till GT6.

Maybe there was some tracks that where not complete enough to be added at this time.

Possible reasons:

1: Holding back for DLC for an extra profit
2: Holding back for GT6 or DLC because of not being complete
3: Holding back for GT6 because it+all the rest doesn't fit on one BL Disc
4: Holding back for GT6 for no good reason
5: Jeff Rubenstein was wrong, there would never have been 40/100 tracks/variations in GT5 before GT6 landed.

I won't exclude them all being correct one way or another.

If you look at the horsepower trailer you can see El Capitan at 0:55. Why is it not in the game when the Red Bull Blog even said it was?

The_Aeon found this before I did on the Pikes Peak post.

If you look at the horsepower trailer you can see El Capitan at 0:55. Why is it not in the game when the Red Bull Blog even said it was?

The_Aeon found this before I did on the Pikes Peak post.

Because that was recycled PSP intro footage. Just like Ice Arena in the same video.

Because that was recycled PSP intro footage. Just like Ice Arena in the same video.

Actually, whilst the Ice Arena is a direct cut from the PSP intro, the only place where the Enzo appears in the PSP intro is on the Cittia Di Aria track.

Actually, whilst the Ice Arena is a direct cut from the PSP intro, the only place where the Enzo appears in the PSP intro is on the Cittia Di Aria track.
Nonetheless it was obvious that the Enzo in that segment wasn't of premium quality like the GT5 version of that car.

I'm just thinking out loud after the Pikes Peak thing has been talked about. We've also seen the the Audi's drifting through the parking garage, and there's the video footage of cars on the runway at night. The X-1 is even at night on a runway. I know there is the Top Gear runways but the buildings look more like the Red Bull hangers and there are no lights sticking up on the Top Gear surface. I'm wondering since the X1 intro video is on a runway if we won't see the Red Bull runway as another form of track in the future.

Don't know if this is the right place to ask but I couldn't see anywhere better. What happened to the Piazza del Campo kart track? I know they had some problems with a flag but I thought they were just removing the flag, not the whole track. Was an explanation ever given for the track not being in GT5?

Don't know if this is the right place to ask but I couldn't see anywhere better. What happened to the Piazza del Campo kart track? I know they had some problems with a flag but I thought they were just removing the flag, not the whole track. Was an explanation ever given for the track not being in GT5?
I think it was never meant to be a track, just a photo travel location. But for the demo they wanted to show karting, so they put something together quickly out of one of the locations they already had.

Nope, it was meant to be a track. It even had a logo.

It's one of the most famous horse racing tracks in the world.

I still laugh at how because of the city's government getting all touchy about their flags, it ended up increasing Pre-Order sales for GT5.

Last edited:
Before I create a new thread, is there already one for missing tracks in GT5 that we'd like to see? I have seen one about cars and have searched but all I can find are threads thats "aren't wishlists" rather than those that are.

Back