GT5 Track Editor Thread

• Thread starter Tapey
  • 1,324 comments
Les hautes fagnes:

stock-photo-swamp-in-the-hautes-fagnes-or-high-fens-a-moorland-area-in-east-belgium-between-the-ardennes-and-19204825.jpg
stock-photo-the-hautes-fagnes-or-high-fens-is-a-moorland-area-in-east-belgium-between-the-ardennes-and-the-18723091.jpg

Bleak. Grassy. Mostly evergreens with the odd deciduous tree. Top left?

photo04a.jpg

I noticed that too, but I am assuming you can choose different track surfaces in your individual assumptions (although obviously that could be wrong - however it would be a real shame if courses can't be part tarmac/part dirt) so a whole terrain difference for road surface seems unecessary... the other major different seems to be lighthing thus suggesting maybe the reason for multiple Toscana options is each one is at a certain time of day.
This sounds wrong... notice in the other screenshot there is the "weather" option which is listed as "sunny", and there is also a time of day option.

They look like four different places to me. Top left has bushy trees, top right is obviously toscana, bottom left again has different trees, and bottom right is clearly a heavily forrested area... not Toscana.

The terrain appears to be preset by the location you select. In the map below it shows the contour lines, essentially the hills & valleys already created. Just a matter of drawing roads over those surfaces.
If the course maker is based on procedural terrain, then there is even the possibility for random generation of terrain features. I have tinkered with such things in the Terragen software (http://www.planetside.co.uk/). Thus the various tracks wouldn't have to be on a same scenery (in terms of elevations, hills and valleys).

There is more than 4 themes. Look at the slider. White bar next to mouse cursor. There is more for sure!

I hope you are right but I just went over that myself before your post, and I can't help but think that if you move the pointer to the bottom left or right location that the slider will be at the bottom since it's in the top right now, and it is a chunky slider. 👎

I think really it's just 4 locations Period!

i dont think we should make it hard on ourselves.
But If we can choose the road surface, that would be 👍

kop2.jpg

kopb.jpg

HOW TO "CREATE" a track in 10 steps!:

Course Maker:

1) Select One of the Four Themes.
2) Choose between and Closed or Open Track.
3) Select the weather!!! (snow? rain? fog? wet? sunny?)
4) Select the time of day (night? day cycle active?)
5) Track is limited to 10km long (6.5 miles)
6) Track can be divided up to 4 sections.
7) Each sections can be given different set of corner characteristics
8) Select the frequency of corners for each sections
9) Select the sharpness of corners and bank angle of each sections.
10) Generate it, Race it and Share it!

That's it.

I think really it's just 4 locations Period!

i dont think we should make it hard on ourselves.
But If we can choose the road surface, that would be 👍
I know it's four locations. But if you look on the right-hand side of that first picture you posted, there's a vertical white bare that looks suspiciously like the ones you use to scroll down a page. And that's what makes me suspect it will be four locations with two different surface types each. Odd that they've put the dirt roads on the left and tarmac on the right, though ...

Wasn't present a couple of GTPlanet users in the presentation made by Yamauchi at the GamesCom? They had to see the editor in action and they could tell us how it works instead of us thinking of it and at the end having nothing to do with what we thought :lol:.

Wasn't present a couple of GTPlanet users in the presentation made by Yamauchi at the GamesCom? They had to see the editor in action and they could tell us how it works instead of us thinking of it and at the end having nothing to do with what we thought :lol:.
Or you could just read the articles about it. You select a theme, and then alter the parameters of the circuit: the number of sectors, the frequency and severity of the corners, the time of day and prevailing weather conditions. The circuit can be up to ten kilometres in length and can either be a loop or a point-to-point stage.

I see a six mile max speed test track coming. the Bugatti top secret test track where Captain Slow hit the Bugatti's Top speed has a 5 mile straight. So...6 miles should be plenty of time to reach top speeds for most cars.

EDIT: I also see a LOT of rally stages being created. I does kinda suck that it's an automatic course creator, but I can understand why. And this should be fine. As long as we can create some awesome snowy, rainy, dark, courses of awesomeness, it'll be good. I wonder if it'll automatically create bridges and things. Anyways, This will be one of the first things I check out in November. (I sure as heck hope that Gamestop chooses a midnight release for GT5 instead of Kinect....'cause GT5's already destroyed Kinect in sales.)

I see a six mile max speed test track coming. the Bugatti top secret test track where Captain Slow hit the Bugatti's Top speed has a 5 mile straight. So...6 miles should be plenty of time to reach top speeds for most cars.
Ah, but what sort of surface was May testing the car on? Top Gear uses Dunsfold Aerodrome for a reason: it's an airport. The pictures from the course editor that we have seen clearly show topographical maps. Inclines and descents will o doubt affect the car's top speed if that's what you're aiming for.

Or you could just read the articles about it. You select a theme, and then alter the parameters of the circuit: the number of sectors, the frequency and severity of the corners, the time of day and prevailing weather conditions. The circuit can be up to ten kilometres in length and can either be a loop or a point-to-point stage.

Yes, I know that, I have read all most every single article about the Course Maker on the net, but any of those tell us if you can for example move the blue dots that represent the sector, but they were there and they saw how Yamauchi did it so they could answer a few simple questions. If they want and have time obviously.

That or maybe with luck someone on the demostrarion have recorded it and we can see it, but I don't really believe it.

I don't think you'll be able to move the sector markers. They seem to be used to increase the length of the circuit; the more sectors you have, the longer the track. Because you can't alter individual curves, the sector points are most likely going to be set parameters within the game so that it knows how much of the track it needs to alter between two points.

Only 4!! It´s mentioned in the Interview.

Pretty sure the only thing that was said regarding the number 4 and the track creator was that it is divided into 4 sections.

Also, in regard to the slider...

Typically, a slider is representative of the percentage of the screen you currently see. The slider is covering 50% of the bar. Which probably means that there is 50% left to see. An easy way to test this is to look at the slider to the right of your screen. Hold ctrl and rotate your mouse wheel in and out. This will zoom in and out of your browser screen. While you do this it will proportionately increase and decrease the size of the slider.

So, I will guess 8 were on that page that was used for the screen cap we have.

Pretty sure the only thing that was said regarding the number 4 and the track creator was that it is divided into 4 sections.

Also, in regard to the slider...

Typically, a slider is representative of the percentage of the screen you currently see. The slider is covering 50% of the bar. Which probably means that there is 50% left to see. An easy way to test this is to look at the slider to the right of your screen. Hold ctrl and rotate your mouse wheel in and out. This will zoom in and out of your browser screen. While you do this it will proportionately increase and decrease the size of the slider.

So, I will guess 8 were on that page that was used for the screen cap we have.

As FAMINE wrote
The player selects from one of four themes (three – Toscana Sunset, Springtime Germany and Belgian High Fens – were named), adjusts the parameters of the course

You mean you've never seen a slider that half fills the bar while showing one row of items, then you go to move the slider and it jumps to the bottom of the bar while only moving the single row of items down 3mm and showing nothing new?

How amazing is this?
You can have randomized DIRT TRACKS with no loop options!!! Finnaly everyone will enjoy RALLY racing way more this time. Not to mention you can go online with custom made ones! So I cant wait for custom Rally Stage Events

I know it's four locations. But if you look on the right-hand side of that first picture you posted, there's a vertical white bare that looks suspiciously like the ones you use to scroll down a page. And that's what makes me suspect it will be four locations with two different surface types each. Odd that they've put the dirt roads on the left and tarmac on the right, though ...

you are right... there are 8 pictures...

... but still 4 locations ONLY guys... but they can be either in dirt or tarmac OR both surface combined through different sections.

Unless DLC at later time will add to the existing 8 pictures (4 shown here, the other four being on the lower part).

Four is the magic number ;) 8 if you want to count road surface as making a new location.

... but still 4 locations ONLY guys... but they can be either in dirt or tarmac OR both surface combined through different sections.

Unless DLC at later time will add to the existing 8 pictures (4 shown here, the other four being on the lower part).

Four is the magic number ;) 8 if you want to count road surface as making a new location.

For me 2 would be enough. 1 dirt, 1 road. Both have infinite possibilities.

But I agree with you, it would be cool to have dirt and road combination for some good rally stages. Not to mention DLC for SNOW location and Snow + Road surfaces.

Okay, did you read my post? Because I was agreeing with you: there are only four themes. But I was trying to explain the slider bar to one side at the same time.

Latest Posts

Back