GT5 Tuner: A QuickTune and Setup Recorder for Android

• Thread starter RDAardvark
  • 462 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
To OP, why is it that when I input 92 into the torque settings it comes up as 665?

Is this why the provided calculated gear ratios are much lower than possible?

@ ElementRacer
The app has the ability to let you type in the value of any of the different measurement of torque. On the value-dialog for torque, you have to choose the kind of value the "92" represent... Is it 'ftlb', 'kgfm' or Nm?
The app will always convert the choosen measurement into ftlb, which is shown and used by the calculations.

By the convertion from '92' to '665' it indicates that your app has the 'kgfm' set as default tourge unit.
This can be changed in the 'settings'-menu.

Most likely...
The gear-ratios are calculated based on a very few values, where torque and peak-power (rpm) are the most important ones.
So a major deviation from actual torque-value, will give ratios that is way of reasonable.

Today the app reached 30,000 downloads.
Just over 4,000 people have the app currently installed.

Can't wait for the next update, the potential in this thing is fantastic, I think I should look into it again, can't wait for when it allows a fully lowered car 👍

What happen to the car set list that was in the first post the download link takes you to mediafire where it says the owner of this folder has not uploaded any files?

It appears that Mediafire updated their service and my link for car sets and user manual no longer worked. All should be well now.

I Wanna thank u for the help u gave me with my tab, and my crew we use it now
mandatory in our race teams drag en race , if i can repay the favor please let me know
u got my mail bro.... cheers THE FLYING DUTCHMAN (⊙,..,⊙)

Up front I'll be honest and say that I'm a better than average driver but a horrible tuner. So I depend on tuners and their hard work but I have problems when I can't find a tune for a particular car.

Enter Gtune5.

The app is well thought out and well made. It's easy to see a lot of time has been put into it. However it's not particularly useful other than to store your current tunes and or detune a car so that it can compete in a lower pp race. I don't need that and I'm sure most drivers don't either. I'm in need of a gadget that provides suggestions or calculations for a tune like the FREE spreadsheet for tuning GT5 cars that can be found here at GTPlanet.

I'm not completely unimpressed nor do I want my money back but I also can't recommend this app to anybody either.

Up front I'll be honest and say that I'm a better than average driver but a horrible tuner. So I depend on tuners and their hard work but I have problems when I can't find a tune for a particular car.

Enter Gtune5.

The app is well thought out and well made. It's easy to see a lot of time has been put into it. However it's not particularly useful other than to store your current tunes and or detune a car so that it can compete in a lower pp race. I don't need that and I'm sure most drivers don't either. I'm in need of a gadget that provides suggestions or calculations for a tune like the FREE spreadsheet for tuning GT5 cars that can be found here at GTPlanet.

I'm not completely unimpressed nor do I want my money back but I also can't recommend this app to anybody either.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but why have you complained about GTune5 (an iPhone app) in the thread for my Android app? You say you want
a gadget that provides suggestions or calculations for a tune like the FREE spreadsheet for tuning GT5 cars that can be found here at GTPlanet.
while that "gadget" does exist, and has done for over two years, in the form of my app for Android. In fact it uses the same calculations as in those free spreadsheets. And it's also free. Download it today, for free. Or contact the Electricity Board with your complaint. Did I mention that the android app is free?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back