GT6 Easter Eggs and interesting finds

• Thread starter Roflwaffle
  • 1,280 comments
I don't think you'll find a japanese building called Jenkins. :lol:

image.jpg

Just saw that unusual flag (Vasilyev) and had to look it up. Turns out to be the Ukraine. That and Cyprus are flags I've only seen once.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    637.5 KB · Views: 27
First time I saw that flag I tought about Taiwan too, trust me, but according to mister google the flag should look like this...
taiwan-flag.gif

I believe that those who fled the Chinese mainland after losing the Chinese Civil war - which they fought while fighting Japan - carried on using this flag as representing the ROC. Their aim was to return as the rightful government of all China. The PROC inherited mainland China from them when they won the civil war? Taiwan sometimes call themselves Chinese Taipei and use a flag with T W on it. Whatever they do they get 'angry stares' from across the Straights.
Not easy things for a Japanese game developer to deal with, but respect to PD for trying considering the history?
It is a complicated mess. Add in Allied interference during and after WW2 and here we are today with what hopefully won't ever turn into a major war. Things never got sorted what with WW2, Civil war, Occupation ect. Rightly or wrongly America's decision making left us with a big head ache.

Last edited:
I believe that those who fled the Chinese mainland after losing the Chinese Civil war - which they fought while fighting Japan - carried on using this flag as representing the ROC. Their aim was to return as the rightful government of all China. The PROC inherited mainland China from them when they won the civil war? Taiwan sometimes call themselves Chinese Taipei and use a flag with T W on it. Whatever they do they get 'angry stares' from across the Straights.
Not easy things for a Japanese game developer to deal with, but respect to PD for trying considering the history?
It is a complicated mess. Add in Allied interference during and after WW2 and here we are today with what hopefully won't ever turn into a major war. Things never got sorted what with WW2, Civil war, Occupation ect. Rightly or wrongly America's decision making left us with a big head ache.
Thanks for this brief history lesson, never saw that flag before, and on the internet I'm unable to find the 'TW' flag so I my first thought was "This must be an error or something", still curious if there's any trace of that black flag on the net...

Pointed that out a while ago (try last year).

capturerage-jpg.93186

The DRINK button is self-explanatory, but the RAGE is supposed be PAGE, but someone made an error. Or that person is a troll, and for that, I applaud them.
I all ready posted this a few pages back.

haha yeah I don't know alot of the flags I see online. GT has such an international audience.

I believe there are only flags from countries where there's PSN. For instance, China is not represented. And I've never seen the baltic states, or just about any country from Africa except for South Africa.

Interesting detail though: On gran-turismo.com they use the Taiwanese flag (red with a blue square and white sun), so I wonder why they don't use it in the game?

Edit: Just checked wikipedia, and to make matters more confusing, the official name of Taiwan is "Republic of China", while the country we call China is the "People's Republic of China". China used to be the Republic of China, until the civil war when the communists founded the People's Republic and took control of all of the mainland. The only part of China that remained in control of the Republic of China was Taiwan. Apparently, Taiwan (The Republic of China) still claims sovereignty over all of China, although in 1992 they pretty much gave up on trying to reclaim it from the communists. At the same time, the People's Republic of China claims that Taiwan belongs to them...

Last edited:
Back