GT6: Microtransactions or Playing?

• Thread starter papaigergo
  • 51 comments

If you're want to buy a 20mil credit car, do you...

• PAY

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • PLAY

Votes: 87 94.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't had to pay so far. 4 hours of Red Bull X2014 standard at 200% prize money yields me enough for a 20 million credit car.

Can't say I would ever use micro transactions to get a 20mil Cr car....and since none of the 20mil Cr cars even interest me, I've got nothing to worry about :)

As stated, I do support microtransactions in games, but I haven't purchased anything in GT6 because nothing is worth my real world money in that game. I have purchased some content in Forza 5 and I've purchased content in other games like Guild Wars 2. A game has to be really good for me to consider using my real world money but I like having the option.

True, it's just that, even for microtransactions, they seem like an incredibly poor deal. £120 to buy the most expensive car in the game? Truly mad pricing.
Yeah, the GT ones are pretty high, even EA's microtransactions to unlock everything in a game only cost 40 euros or so. :lol:

Microtransactions: not my cuppa tea, but if that's you're thing, more power to you.

The only thing I disagree with in the microtransaction trend is in-game content that can *only* be unlocked with microtransactions. I don't care for being nickel-and-dimed for what would essentially be DLC / an expansion.

Understand everything, I want to show the.results to KAZ

Good luck with that. And I'm sure you know that GTPlanet only represents a small fraction of GT players and most likely it won't have the slightest impact on PD's decision of removing it or not. And besides, this is something that I'm sure PD is aware of and still, I highly doubt they will eliminate MT.

My personal opinion and thoughts even though I'm pissed at PD is that it's not their call but Sony's.

Forza 3... How can a crappy old game be much more fun than GT6?
GT6 is more fun, MY opinion
Ps. I DONT WANT TO START THE FORZA VS. GT WARS AGAIN!

90% result: PLAY FOR THE 20 MIL CR CAR
And I don't Pay 0 $ for microtransactions

:odd:

You might want to read the forum guidelines or something.

Double post, by the way.

Who's starting a Forza vs GT war? You know that's my signature and not part of my post, right?

I don't think this thread is going anywhere really. The vast majority of GTPlanet has set their opinion on Micro Transactions a long time ago and I think it's pretty clear that most don't agree with it. Will it make PD and Sony take them out of the game? Most likely not.

I haven't yet been able to figure out why microtransactions bother people. If you're one of those people that have hours each day to play games and earn whatever content you want, then do it, no one is forcing you to buy anything. The option is simply there for people that don't have that kind of time, nothing more.
I would say for many, like Johnnypenso stated, it is not so much the MTs themselves but that they are so ridiculously priced vs the other option of grinding. Neither option is reasonable when you have billions of credits worth of cars in the game. Some just want to play/drive/race them without all the artificial obstacles. I can understand because I myself only get a couple hours a week to play, so until someone comes up with a save game editor like in gt5, I will never access many of the high priced cars in the game.

This is a huge fallacy.

Microtransactions are for people that don't have enough time to grind. Its easy for people to say its for rich lazy folks because those that say it obviously have a lot more free time on their hands. Some people simply want to enjoy game content like others that have hours and hours every day to play games. Those "rich lazy people" may only have an hour per day or less to play and therefore willing to pay to enjoy the content that they don't have time to grind for hours each day. I have no problem with microtransactions because I'm one of those people with limited time these days. I'm not a teenager anymore, I have kids and a family yet I still enjoy games too. Why should I play a game and only be limited to a fraction of its content because I don't have as much time to play as someone else with nothing else to do but play? For those of you that claim microtransactions are for "rich lazy people", there will likely come a day when you feel differently, when you have other things that eat up your time. I'm fortunate I have money that I can spend on things like this when I want to, its not that I'm rich or lazy. I would love to have hours each day to play again like I did when I was a teenager but those days are gone, and life takes priority.

I haven't yet been able to figure out why microtransactions bother people. If you're one of those people that have hours each day to play games and earn whatever content you want, then do it, no one is forcing you to buy anything. The option is simply there for people that don't have that kind of time, nothing more.

I see your point, but it is hard to support this idea when most games these days are shamelessly rigged to make progress horribly difficult if not impossible, thus pushing you to pay-to-advance. Not saying GT6 is an extreme example of this, but when you compare the current prize system to GT4 for example, you can't help to feel betrayed by the developers.

Who's starting a Forza vs GT war? You know that's my signature and not part of my post, right?

I don't think this thread is going anywhere ******* really. The vast majority of GTPlanet has set their opinion on Micro Transactions a long time ago and I think it's pretty clear that most don't agree with it. Will it make PD and Sony take them out of the game? Most likely not.

I read the banned members lóg..
I WAS JUST A STUPID *******!
I am noob there

I see your point, but it is hard to support this idea when most games these days are shamelessly rigged to make progress horribly difficult if not impossible, thus pushing you to pay-to-advance. Not saying GT6 is an extreme example of this, but when you compare the current prize system to GT4 for example, you can't help to feel betrayed by the developers.

I'm pretty sure that even with no login bonus, money can be earned much more quickly in GT6 than it could be in GT4.

GT4's Rally di Amalfi event for instance, gave you 275,000 cr. if you sold the prize car, roughly ten minutes work. Twenty minutes aka one tournament of the GT6 Red Bull Standard event, would give you around 1.2 million credits for winning four of the five races.

is this thread/poll for real? Microtransactions are only for rich lazy people.
For rich lazy DUMB people you mean.

How much is 500,000 again?

Well I don't care anyway.

4 races at Indianapolis like the wind for which takes 13-14 minutes gives you over 500k

Come on dumb rich people, get 'winding it! :cool:

I'm pretty sure that even with no login bonus, money can be earned much more quickly in GT6 than it could be in GT4.

GT4's Rally di Amalfi event for instance, gave you 275,000 cr. if you sold the prize car, roughly ten minutes work. Twenty minutes aka one tournament of the GT6 Red Bull Standard event, would give you around 1.2 million credits for winning four of the five races.

Hmm... You are right. I never really made calculations. However, even though I don't remember the most expensive cars in GT4, I'm sure it didn't have 20,000,000 cars.

Hmm... You are right. I never really made calculations. However, even though I don't remember the most expensive cars in GT4, I'm sure it didn't have 20,000,000 cars.
Most expensive were the 4.5 million Le Mans racers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back