GT7 April 2024 Update Predictions

• Thread starter SBX
  • 207 comments
The Skoda VGT won't be grouped. We know it's all-electric, which automatically DQ's you from all the current groups, and instead puts it in the same sort of area as the Porsche and Jaguar VGTs. And I can't see them going "here's an ICE version" for Skoda if they didn't do it for the cover car Porsche.

Edit: And if they do give it the Audi treatment, it'll 100% be Gr.1, not Gr.3, it's way too fast for Gr.3.

Last edited:
I think we can get the VGT/Octavia Gr.3 and Gr.4+ Fabia Gr.B Rally Car (and I don't intend the Rally2 version of the car)

Group 3 Octavia would be great. I could be able to finish my gr3 super silhouette custom race with Mazda, Subaru, Mitsubishi, Genesis and Hyundai.

I’m starting to think that Kaz is maybe waiting until after the Skoda reveal to post the silhouettes this month (that is if there is actually more than just the Skoda coming)

I’m starting to think that Kaz is maybe waiting until after the Skoda reveal to post the silhouettes this month (that is if there is actually more than just the Skoda coming)
I think this is likely, it would probably take some of Skoda's thunder for them to do their own 'soft' silhouette launch ahead of the real thing.

Roadmaps always backfire. Either the scheduled stuff gets delayed, or it gets released on schedule with tons of issues. Both of these outcomes are worse than operating in silence.
I'd much rather Kaz tell us that the FFB implementation scheduled for May 2024 is being pushed back to Oct 2024, than to operate in complete silence for years on end.

Especially for those of us who have spent $700+ on officially licensed wheels marketed by PD.

It doesn't have to backfire if you do it right. If it backfires, that's an issue with the developer and not the methodology. Like I stated in my original comment, they can create a very low bar for themselves that is easily achievable.

Did they double-Czech?
Joke Drums GIF by Bax Music

My prediction is that Pharrell Williams made a return visit to the PD studios. Thus, Kaz has been too busy partying with him to work on the silhouettes.

He does have an excuse - he was traveling all weekend to Prague.
Did they double-Czech?
With a discount </American insurance commercial joke>

Ok a change on my prediction:

-Skoda VGT 2024
-Skoda 1100 OHC 1957
-Skoda Octavia 2024

Also they will announce Gr3 ans Gr4 cars from Skoda will be added in a future udpate with an exhibition race happening on the GTWS show on Prague ( my prediction is that the venue wiñl be on Skoda HQ)

We have the Suzuki, VW, Genesis etc. :D
Both of which were not entirely electric either (an automatic disqualifier for GR.3 as NO car in that class is based on an all-electric vehicle)

Don't wan't to be that guy but...
Did you know Skoda also makes SUVs? :yuck:
Funny, so does:

• Audi
  • Porsche
  • Ferrari
  • Lamborghini
  • Ford
  • Chevy
  • Hyundai
  • Peugeot
  • Citroen
  • Renault
  • Honda
  • Toyota
  • Nissan
  • Genesis
  • Dodge
  • Volkswagen
  • Alfa Romeo
  • Mercedes
  • BMW

And yet here they all are in the game.

I'm not blaming anyone for relaying the info here second-hand, but this is two months in a row now where we get random Discord chatter that ruins surprises (the whole update last time, the presence of non-Škoda car(s) this time). I really hope that doesn't become a trend going forward, because the Kaz silhouettes become a lot less fun when you have knowledge going in.

I'm not blaming anyone for relaying the info here second-hand, but this is two months in a row now where we get random Discord chatter that ruins surprises (the whole update last time, the presence of non-Škoda car(s) this time). I really hope that doesn't become a trend going forward, because the Kaz silhouettes become a lot less fun when you have knowledge going in.
That post isn't confirmed I would wait until it's someone trustworthy that says it directly, but it's almost a guarantee that the update won't include just Skoda cars, have we ever received an update with just 1 manufacture? And if a poster does leak something i'd rather it be something like the last time where it's something along the lines of 'a highly requested car that almost everyone will love' over just outright saying it that way it could be almost any car.

What has been said about the last update?

My comment about the Škoda VGT looking like a Can-Am makes me think about a Porsche Can-Am being added.

I was putting together a 1973 Daytona 24H grid and using the Chapparal washing machine as a filler for the non-existent Porsche 908/02. The Legend and Used Car dealerships had have five of the cars that participated in that race: 911 RSR, 365 GTB/4, Camaro(which went from Special Pick status to now in regular rotation), C3(the Convertible is currently on offer, but the coupe was in the race), 1968(?) Mustang(Shelby Mustang as a substitute). A fifth car is the 1973 Camaro driven by Ray Kessler. The closest to that car is the current Pontiac Trans Am in the UCD.

With such co-een-kee-dinks in play, this could be in the update. Whats even crazier is this car is up for auction and check the date of the article. ;)

Back