GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 32,468 comments
If race A has no DR updates, how come someone's DR was red at the end of the race?
Updates are delayed for various reasons, the same as if you beat your QT pre race just before match making happens. The new time is reflected in the next race but not in that lobby. Its the same for DR and SR there is a window they update in.

I'd speculate for daily A when you see that happen it's people quitting the race before and going to A to repair SR because of the previous race quit

Updates are delayed for various reasons
Your DR and SR are updated when the race has finished. Period. That's it. If you quit before the race finishes, your DR/SR won't be updated because the race hasn't finished. Once the race has actually finished, then your DR and SR get updated.

I can't say whether there might be a few seconds delay before the updates are applied, because it takes that long to get out and look at them. I suppose it's possible that the servers could have issues updating the DR/SR, but I seriously doubt it.

Now, do I have inside information that proves I'm correct? No, I don't. But circumstantially, this appears to always be the case.

With that said, the more sure I am of something, the greater the chance I'm wrong - honestly, that's my life. But I'm sticking by my guns here. :banghead:

Your DR and SR are updated when the race has finished. Period. That's it. If you quit before the race finishes, your DR/SR won't be updated because the race hasn't finished. Once the race has actually finished, then your DR and SR get updated.

I can't say whether there might be a few seconds delay before the updates are applied, because it takes that long to get out and look at them. I suppose it's possible that the servers could have issues updating the DR/SR, but I seriously doubt it.

Now, do I have inside information that proves I'm correct? No, I don't. But circumstantially, this appears to always be the case.

With that said, the more sure I am of something, the greater the chance I'm wrong - honestly, that's my life. But I'm sticking by my guns here. :banghead:
My DR/SR updates every 2 races it seems like, I have been paying attention. They should make the A races DR affected too just like SR. Well I'm going to eat dinner and then do some more races at B.H. tonight. I really want some wins which I haven't gotten in about a year. It would be nice. I mean even 1 would make me happy and thrilled.

@Barney Da Dog @newmedia_dev
Great racing tonight guys, glad to have finally run into someone from the forum in the same lobby :)

Us GTP peeps are getting quicker :)

It was awesome to race with you guys tonight!

And solid results around from the lobbies we were in! Great racing all

Great to see you both 👍👍 I tried running the Genesis with the tune but I prefer driving the McLaren.

Walked 7 miles with heavy camera gear in the sun today, then had 2 strong beers, so I think my consistency was a bit off - that's my excuse anyway 🤣👍

Great to see you both 👍👍 I tried running the Genesis with the tune but I prefer driving the McLaren.

Walked 7 miles with heavy camera gear in the sun today, then had 2 strong beers, so I think my consistency was a bit off - that's my excuse anyway 🤣👍
Ummmm good excuse the last 2 lobbies let's just say I wouldn't use real life heavy machinery in this state 🤣

Also @Barney Da Dog I would have let you through earlier to catch the front 2 but the cayman was so close I wouldn't have slotted in as he would have had me as well.

Ummmm good excuse the last 2 lobbies let's just say I wouldn't use real life heavy machinery in this state 🤣

Also @Barney Da Dog I would have let you through earlier to catch the front 2 but the cayman was so close I wouldn't have slotted in as he would have had me as well.

No worries, I got damaged earlier, then also put myself in the gravel, so I didn't help my race much.
Hopefully get a few more in tomorrow night 👍

Still got up to 2 tenths to make up with the McLaren but very hard to get it all right on one lap

I'm really loving this Brands race, it has completely reignited my interest in Daily races. Had 5 races tonight, won the first four and came 2nd in the final race, but I'm most proud of this last one because it was stacked full of A drivers and I held my own through some pretty hectic laps, I even managed to make a clean pass into Druids on one of them. :)

18f83941a2e39-screenshotUrl.jpg

18f839446db12-screenshotUrl.jpg

I have to share this stint from race C last night, usually I burn up the tyres or have a spin or something daft. I guess this is what people who know what they're doing call consistency:
18f831613a685-screenshotUrl (1) (1).jpg

I caught the car ahead in the last couple of laps so those laps were a second or so off but it was a fun little ding dong.

So imagine this, yeah!

My first race of the week, ended 5 mins ago! Race C at Deep Forest.

I qualify in P6, adrenaline pumping. I didn't expect to start this high so I quickly change to RM tires for my 1st stint, thinking strategy here 🤔

Race starts, heart beating fast! I already have a small gap to P7 behind by the first hard braking-point (T3) and only 1.3s between P1 and myself. And then it happens!!

Can you imagine.... Not 1, not 2, not 3 or 4 or 5! SIX - Six Position changes by the time I exit T4/ 5, when I started in P6 !!! 🤪🤩🥳😎

What could have happened, you ask? How can this incredible scenario even take place?! Well, my friends, I recorded this incredible 60 seconds just so you can believe me, admire me and be impressed by my excellent race-management and race-craft!

Will start giving private lessons at $40/ hr as of this Saturday, if you want to be able to achieve such incredible stats as I am! Bookings end after 6 confirmed slots are taken and deposits have been paid!

Enjoy my friends, I am off to try and beat this incredible record of mine, as difficult as it may be! 😎

Good luck and Godspeed!

I had a similar path
Started P7 with no idea at all about difference between RH and RM in term of racing line and duration, just lapped 10 laps in RM to get a qualy time.
Started with RH - first error
By the time I reached the hairpin I midjuedged the braking point, going a bit large, and there the magic happened.
3 cars laterally staked at the exit of the hairpin, with me at the very left with 2 wheels off the road.
Everyone one was probabily with a wider then ideal line, so everyone was leaning to the outside.
My 2 wheels off road became quickly 4 wheels off road with a so painful acceleration that by the time a reached the next turn I was 13!

So, if you prefer to pay in € I can offer the same service. At current exchange it's 37€/h

I'm quite all my time in Gt7 in TT, would like to come back to daily. Let's put this in the lesson learned bag

Got a bit of good news for you all - I managed my 1st ever Daily C win since I got to DR A+ :D

It came as a surprise after 2 previous Daily Cs this week where I struggled for RM race pace and finished no better than 10th. My QT magically put me 3rd on the grid (Usually it's mid pack at best) in the mostly A+ lobby and I went for a bold reverse strategy (RM to RH) which worked out beautifully.

My Race pace wasn't that good (Mid to high 1:26's on RM, compare to 1:26.0 by @GOTMAXPOWER a few posts above) but I somehow managed to pull out of the pit at Lap 11 still in the lead, then managed to defend for my life (on RH) for the last 3 laps against the pack on RM to take an unlikely victory.

Below is the highlight of the race with my commentary, plus a lap guide at 03:20 mark.

487017B8-61BE-4935-8720-6B4F2B06884E.JPEG

Still trilled with this win. Don't think I can ever replicate that (and did not mess up under pressure).

Rory also has a video on this very race, which was also exciting from his PoV.

May give Brands Hatch a try during the weekends, looks like you all are having massive fun on it! :)

Last edited:
Somehow I managed to get top 10 in the world for Race B in the G70.

I tried the Supra and Megane for about as long as I drove the Viper and both were about a tenth faster. Then I tried the G70 and in about half the time I was a tenth and a half faster. Trying what I thought were rational tweaks to the settings for about 300 miles I managed a high 47.1 but wasn't really finding any slight variation to the car that made it drive better and anything major it got noticeably worse.
Then I was bored and tired so decided to just try stupid tuning and see how bad I could make the car and maybe roll it if I'm lucky. Stock I ran 47.6 after about 30 miles, as jelly as the limited settings allow ran 48.2 with no chance of rolling. Finally seeing the tunes posted here I was too tired to give them a proper try, but I did one with almost complete opposite suspension settings and 25 miles of pure confusion later I am now at 47.066 with some time left to get.
I'm now seriously reconsidering if I actually am a good tuner but am also kind of considering I might sell myself short with the driving sometimes. I am still sure someone can get first place in the world with my stupid tune but maybe I can get close?

Big thanks for this tuning! I sure took some laps to get used to (I am a beginner) but then I managed to get a lot better lap time: 0:47.8. I am mid dr:c and this took me to pole position in the first race. I screwed up more than once, but second race starting in P2, I managed to be consistant and took my second win ever. In particular this tuning solved the problem I had had in T3. Now the car could just throw its butt around that corner so easily. I did keep the brake bias at +3, though, I felt I just couldn’t handle +4.

My run of wins came to an end (thanks to @MOPARbarrett5 🤨🤣) My G70 must be broken though - I just can't drive that thing!

I took a tenth off my McLaren time, so down to 47.161 and an optimum of 47.085. I'd put the BB to 4 to the rear which seems to have helped.
In the race, everything is very close, with timing of pitstops and good in/out laps being crucial.

This is the kind of lobby you get when racing early in the morning on the West Coast:

1715947635917.png

It would have been awesome, if I didn't, again, screw up T1 at some point during the race. New philosophy during the race: Downshift to 3rd (in the G70) during T1 so I'm much less likely to be a bonehead.

Big thanks for this tuning! I sure took some laps to get used to (I am a beginner) but then I managed to get a lot better lap time: 0:47.8. I am mid dr:c and this took me to pole position in the first race. I screwed up more than once
It IS a great tune, isn't it? Great time! And don't worry about the screwups when you're pole position, it's par for the course. There's so much pressure to perform perfectly, which isn't necessary at all, but it's what we do to ourselves. Being P2 is much less nerve-wracking, for sure. Then it's the poor schmuck in front of us who has to handle the pressure!
My G70 must be broken though - I just can't drive that thing!
Isn't it funny how some cars just don't suit us, no matter what? Personally, I could never get that kind of performance out of the McLaren. :bowdown:
with timing of pitstops and good in/out laps being crucial
I've only done a couple of actual races this week, so I don't know any of the strategies. In fact, this is one of the first races I've ever done with pit stops.

So my question is, what strategies are there?

So my question is, what strategies are there?
It depends...

The thing isn't about tires or gaps it's about who you are racing.

Here is what I do, I'm starting at the sharp end (it's early doors in the week) so if I have a gap on the first lap and people behind are fighting I'll pit lap one in to two.

If things are closer I'll pit to not get caught up in it.

If I'm walking away with it I'll pit 8 in to 9 or 9 in to 10.

The strategy is not a given lap but the best opportunity.

There are traffic considerations as well. If the field spreads early then the early pit stop is a bad idea, if it's tight and you know you can come out at the back then that's the better strategy.

The forced pit isn't redundant like a lot of people say it is, it's about race position management. Get out of fights or avoid them. It's actually super tactical on a meta level.

This is the kind of lobby you get when racing early in the morning on the West Coast:
I recognize a lot of those - I've had some good races with Hit Your Apex on my US account.

Re: strategy, like @newmedia_dev says, it's timing a pitstop to avoid getting caught up in battles. I've had good results pitting on lap 1 , but also a few where I've rejoined behind a battling pair and lost places as a result.

If out front and not fighting, just keep going til 8 or 9. I had one where I had a huge lead but almost forgot to pit, so I got a 3 second penalty as I crossed the entry line 🙄

I've found the definition of madness. Lapping the same loop every 47 seconds for hours on end and never reaching your goal. I've reached the end of my ability.

I started the night feeling good that I could find another tenth and regain top spot on my LB having a feeling I could tweak the tunings more. After a couple of hours of adjusting, testing and repeating, I could only get to 50/1000s from my prior best. I was about to give up and race when one of my kids puked all over the place. Great!

After cleaning that up, I thought I would try again but it was now late, but I got to 7/1000s of my best and I was beginning to feel magic again so I continued even though bed was calling. I never got it....

I gave up at 2am feeling defeated and wondering why in the world that I just wasted an night when I should have been racing to capitalize on my typically pole position start? Of the 6 races I've done I propelled myself of my highest ever A rating. But, I'm an idiot.

Sometimes this game teases so much.
🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
I've found the definition of madness. Lapping the same loop every 47 seconds for hours on end and never reaching your goal. I've reached the end of my ability.

I started the night feeling good that I could find another tenth and regain top spot on my LB having a feeling I could tweak the tunings more. After a couple of hours of adjusting, testing and repeating, I could only get to 50/1000s from my prior best. I was about to give up and race when one of my kids puked all over the place. Great!

After cleaning that up, I thought I would try again but it was now late, but I got to 7/1000s of my best and I was beginning to feel magic again so I continued even though bed was calling. I never got it....

I gave up at 2am feeling defeated and wondering why in the world that I just wasted an night when I should have been racing to capitalize on my typically pole position start? Of the 6 races I've done I propelled myself of my highest ever A rating. But, I'm an idiot.

🤦‍♂️
All so relatable, right down to the kids randomly spewing vomit everywhere. :)

why in the world that I just wasted an night when I should have been racing to capitalize on my typically pole position start? Of the 6 races I've done I propelled myself of my highest ever A rating. But, I'm an idiot.
You gotta know when to hold em and know when to fold em!

I can get a 46 but I'm starting P1/2/3 in mixed A and A+ lobbies and usually (not always bringing that home) as a result I'm nearly 1/4 away from A+

The DR will diminish as the lobby values go down through the evening now though so will be a slower grind.

🤦‍♂️
Welcome to my world...🤪

After the Race C calamity, I put some time at Brand's Hatch and it's amazing how a thousandth of a second makes such a difference in the LB. Well done, all! Did one race and went well, +2 positions, clean race and genuine overtakes! One guy behind did out-brake himself towards the end, but I saw him coming and avoided an accident. It was unintentional so all good, though :)

Did a few laps at Deep Forest again today and shaved 0.2s so feeling good as well. Will try again later today.

1715960239248.jpeg
1715960245604.jpeg

1715960263682.jpeg

Back