GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 31,478 comments
Race B at Spa, is it just me/my imagination, or are the track limits much tighter this week than previously?
I’ve just started an Alt account, for racing early in the week, and while it’s been fun picking up easy wins starting on Pole in E/B lobbies, I’ve been getting penalties through Eau Rouge/Raidillon while taking the same line I did in Race C a couple of weeks back, and got another for touching the inside curb at Blanchimont, which I’ve never had before.
Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Just tried the Monza chapporal race.

Obviously going round the first right hander after the main straight / chicane bypass, I'm on the outside and some one basically turns left into me mid - right hand corner. To be expected I suppose. One day I'll be bale to judge that and brake and cause them to just drive off into the gravel on the their own.

Cost me 10 seconds and dropped me to 5th on lap 4, and I finished 3rd, just 4.8 seconds behind the winner. And 0.1 seconds behind 2nd. Ugh

It looks to me like the guy who was driving the red car did in on purpose. But it's hard to tell from that angle.
EDIT
@Chrome_PuPXD I'm having a tough time figuring that incident out. You were both keeping it super clean through there (hats off to both of you) and I find it hard to believe that, after three apexes of opportunity, they waited until then. Maybe, but I'm leaning towards a screw-up. Shoulda stopped/waited but that's not as common an occurrence as it should be.

Again, though, nice drivin'! 👍

Looks unintentional to me. His steering control looks kinda poor.
Thanks for the input all, I couldn't really tell either. :) It was good fun racing until then.
Should get a few races in tonight but I really need to do some wet practice for the GTWS race, in case dynamic weather is on

Last edited:
Hi guys, can anyone recommend any sources for daily races setups? Struggling to get QF below 2:20 at spa and 1:41 at dragon valley
A lot of folks start here and season to taste: Praianos Tunes

There's several folks here on the forums that offer tunes as well as a bunch of YouTubers. Most times you'll find something you like and then cater it to your driving style/preference.

NOTE: Take NOTES!! Seriously, you can't save settings and you have to re-do them before each race. There is little more frustrating than finding the unicorn (for you) tune and forgetting what it was.🤣

:cheers:

So I know, especially from what the GTPlanet article says, that FF cars will be the go-to choice for Race C this week. But which of the six FF cars in Gr.4 seem to be the most popular? I'd imagine it'd either be the Mazda3 or the Audi TT Cup - though with some settings available, I wonder if it could be a relatively more even mix?

Last edited:
So I know, especially from what the GTPlanet article says, that FF cars will be the go-to choice for Race C this week. But which FF cars seem to be the most popular? I'd imagine it'd either be the Mazda3 or the Audi TT Cup - though with some settings available, I wonder if it could be a relatively more even mix?
Going by the leaderboards it's MR and 4WD cars that are dominating?

Did a single Daily A yesterday to get a feel for it. Started 3rd, ended up 2nd with a CRB. The trick with the 2J is to stay in 2nd for most of the turns. It's a bit slower, but you're a lot less likely to get wheelspin out of the Lesmos, Ascari and the Parabolica.

I'm gonna take a small break, I will not be back until Thursday or Friday. It is much more important to take care of my mom. Hey, the Playstation isn't going to get our food and water. It's up to me and my mom. We have no support network, that is the sole reason why I found and signed up on here in August 2021. I will race the heck out of Spa and DT this weekend. Can't wait for the fun.

@Pigems where, on DT or the Spa track?

Last edited:
GT Citroen is the meta for race C, not necessarily for qualy, there are many cars there which can do a very good lap, but for the race, no comparison. In every top A+ lobby literally everyone is using it.

As many of the more experienced have stated, it pays to spend time to get good qualifying times.
My first race at Spa yesterday (Monday sucks) saw me start the race 10th and IN the Bus Stop. This, of course resulted in too heavy on the gas, an immediate spin and now, before I even get on the front straight, Im 20th in a 16 car race 🤔. It looks like a if you qualify around ~8th or better you get to start on the straight.
4 laps at Spa in good weather and no pit seems pretty mundane compared to the 20 laps in rain and a required pit from 2 weeks ago or even the 12 laps and pit at Fuji.
Not much time to catch up if you qualify poorly.

Last edited:
As many of the more experienced have stated, it pays to spend time to get good qualifying times.
My first race at Spa yesterday (Monday sucks) saw me start the race 10th and IN the Bus Stop. This, of course resulted in too heavy on the gas, an immediate spin and now, before I even get on the front straight, Im 20th in a 16 car race 🤔.
4 laps at Spa in good weather and no pit seems pretty mundane compared to the 20 laps in rain and a required pit from 2 weeks ago or even the 12 laps and pit at Fuji.
Not much time to catch up if you qualify poorly.
I agree, you have to spend at least an hour or two doing consistent laps. Using a ghost and having it reset at each sector of the track helps because it will give you an idea of where you are losing time. Great tools for the game. Lol, well I passed my GTS total of daily races.

GTS: 951
GT7 952

So, I have done a total of 1,903 races in a 2-year period.

I (almost) pulled off one of my best moves only to get wiped out.
What do you think, sour grapes or unintentional?

Looks unintentional to me. I'm actually quite impressed you two managed to make it around, what, 3 corners first side by side without incident to begin with without major incident. Outside through so many corners was a risk move.

Now, not sure your level, but if in the higher lobbies where you are often against the same people, then if the other car did not wait for you, after "accidentally" crashing you out, then even if unintentional, it was still a dick move.

Last edited:
I agree, you have to spend at least an hour or two doing consistent laps. Using a ghost and having it reset at each sector of the track helps because it will give you an idea of where you are losing time. Great tools for the game. Lol, well I passed my GTS total of daily races.

GT7 952

Impressive numbers. I didn’t know you could reset for sectors, I’ll try that.

..It looks like a if you qualify around ~8th or better you get to start on the straight...
You are correct, P8 is the last position where you're clear of the chicane when the flag drops.

To me, if you're not P1-3, P8 is the sweet spot. You've got a comfortable gap to P9 so nobody is leaning on you (yet) PLUS you can watch the mayhem unfold in front of you at T1 and choose your line accordingly.😁

:cheers:

Slowly starting to figure out my best wheel and car setup for Spa this week, did maybe 10 laps so far as only had time for about 2 yesterday and stayed in stock settings as was limited in time.

Was even 0.7s ahead of my current best right now but of course, I sneezed as I was entering "Pouhon" and went very wide and into the barriers lol 🤣 🤧⚰️

1713282927232.jpeg

How has the standard of driving been for anyone who has tried a few races? Might not have too much time this week as I spend last Sunday assembling the exterior stuff of my Saab's engine - I need to finish rebuilding this friggin car ASAP before my friend (who is lending me his garage to work in) goes on holiday for 6 weeks in mid-May... Yeah, he rich lol 🙃 But also quite kind haha.

1713283089405.png
1713283109111.png

Slowly starting to figure out my best wheel and car setup for Spa this week, did maybe 10 laps so far as only had time for about 2 yesterday and stayed in stock settings as was limited in time.
Err... settings? What?

Hmm, if I think about it... yeah, now I see, there must be some settings available which could make me faster. I just can't be the case that I just suck at driving Gr3 cars. 🤣

GT7 952

Just to give you an alternate example. In that same time span, I’ve only done maybe 350-450 races, but I’ve probably spend 4 times as much time practicing and doing Qually laps, as I have racing. Sometimes I’ll spend 8-10 hours practicing, just to do a single 1 hour race.

Last edited:
Err... settings? What?

Hmm, if I think about it... yeah, now I see, there must be some settings available which could make me faster. I just can't be the case that I just suck at driving Gr3 cars. 🤣
You can change quite a lot from the suspension and differential and it does help, at least for me!

Also, I got my answer for "standard of driving" at Spa - DISGUSTINGLY HORRIBLE, FILTHY, SCUM-INFESTED NIGHTMARE in case anyone was wondering.... ⚰️ :grumpy::ouch:

Started in P8 and at minimum, I got rammed at full speed or shover/ side-swiped intentionally at least twice per lap!

So obviously, the offenders didn't get penalized, except for when they ran wide and just get a 0.5s pen. Me, on the other hand, no actual penalties but amazingly happy ending in P15....

Won't be racing on main again, just attack the TT 😞

1713286214513.jpeg
1713286222280.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, then I'm screwed. I have absolutely no clue about suspension and differential settings except how to copy them from other players...🫣
I posted a link a few back.

You can interchange most settings for cars as long as they are the same chassis layout and drive train (so MR settings work on most MR, FR settings work on most FR cars) even if they aren't optimum they will be better than the stock setup

Edit:

image.jpg

That is the best I can do for now. I'd like to race and also need to step away from just following ghosts who never crash....and never get any bloody closer 🤣

Last edited:
I posted a link a few back.

You can interchange most settings for cars as long as they are the same chassis layout and drive train (so MR settings work on most MR, FR settings work on most FR cars) even if they aren't optimum they will be better than the stock setup

Edit:

View attachment 1347176

That is the best I can do for now. I'd like to race and also need to step away from just following ghosts who never crash....and never get any bloody closer 🤣
Very nice lap, sir! I salute you :cheers:

1713289646665.png

Back