GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 31,641 comments
What in the ever-lovin' heck is this?

View attachment 1349919

And no, I didn't photoshop the image. As a matter of fact, I saved the recording and can share it if anyone doesn't believe me.
Nations Cup runner up. 3rd in the Olympic esports series. It’s like racing with Verstappen.

Some significant BoP changes to Gr3 and Gr4. A general nerfing of the MRs and diets for a lot of FRs.

Last edited:
I haven’t been paying much attention to GT recently as I’m busy with other endeavors but I got some seat time before the server shut down and got good with the Lancer.

Top 600 global and I thought I was #1 on the leader board besting the mighty @Leon Kowalski

But this other dude snuck in during my session. Don’t you just hate that? 😂

View attachment 1349982View attachment 1349983
View attachment 1349983

Lap if anyone is interested.
GT7 | Daily Race C QT | Sub 47 seconds

Yeah, Chevy is notorious for doing that... 🤣

Buuuut... does that mean you dare me to give it another try?

Speaking with some friends we all noticed the same problem on the Porsche, Race A, with the hard tires and the slippery road the car brakes too long. We performed a test, at 300km/h you need about 10 seconds to stop and about 7-8 to slow down. The question is: Do the PD guys test the events before releasing them? I'm not sure. If the car doesn't brake, or brakes badly, the race isn't fun.

Speaking with some friends we all noticed the same problem on the Porsche, Race A, with the hard tires and the slippery road the car brakes too long. We performed a test, at 300km/h you need about 10 seconds to stop and about 7-8 to slow down. The question is: Do the PD guys test the events before releasing them? I'm not sure. If the car doesn't brake, or brakes badly, the race isn't fun.
Downshifting shortens the stopping distance considerably. As soon as the rpm’s stop screaming drop another gear.

Not knocking controller drivers but my word does it scare me when those raging lights are flashing (L3) 🤣 in my rear view!

What I wanted to throw out there is weaving on straights to break slip stream.

Cards on the table I laugh when people do it, I laugh watching people in front weave left and right like slip stream is some sort of race magic to win or lose by.

I just find it very odd, I appreciate that it's exaggerated in GT for gameplay reason but it's just very odd.

What is not cool is weaving to break the slip and then trying to go wider in breaking zones for a better angle. The amount of times I see this it annoys me.

Even one streamer I've watched uses the word "going defensive" only to brake go wider and try to cut back in. That's not cool. Park it on the apex fine but don't claim defensive while trying to have ALL the lines and moan if there is contact they caused.

Breathe Glen, breathe.

@newmedia_dev i feel exactly the same way about the "DualSense Strobe", and I'm a controller user!! I have my flashing remapped to the right stick to avoid any confusion on the race track. In such an environment where gestures are completely subject to interpretation, I think it's bad manners and asking for trouble.

Added to that, it seems from a few posts I've seen on here that a lot of people really do get the wrong message.

...And that's today's PSA all done

Nations Cup runner up. 3rd in the Olympic esports series. It’s like racing with Verstappen.

Some significant BoP changes to Gr3 and Gr4. A general nerfing of the MRs and diets for a lot of FRs.
Maybe the Nations Cup driver got so bored, he entered a few daily races for some more fun, who knows.

Surprised you've not seen that before, whether live or in others' races/screenshots.
Wll, I'm notoriously blind as far as details are concerned, but I always look to see who I'm racing against (DR/SR and QT), so while I have no way to know for sure, I'm pretty sure I've never seen one before. Also, I'm not up in DR A all that often.

Maybe the Nations Cup driver got so bored, he entered a few daily races for some more fun, who knows.
When the GTWS qualifiers are on, the world tour drivers generally enter dailies to farm DR and get up to the maximum, to ensure they get into top split and have the opportunity to score as many points as possible as GTWS points are based on the DR of the lobby.

That goes double this year, what with Nations Cup having fewer qualifiers making it even harder than usual - Inostroza here, for example needs to be 1st or 2nd in South America to qualify. So ensuring his lobbies give as many points as possible is crucial.

When the GTWS qualifiers are on, the world tour drivers generally enter dailies to farm DR and get up to the maximum, to ensure they get into top split and have the opportunity to score as many points as possible as GTWS points are based on the DR of the lobby.

That goes double this year, what with Nations Cup having fewer qualifiers making it even harder than usual - Inostroza here, for example needs to be 1st or 2nd in South America to qualify. So ensuring his lobbies give as many points as possible is crucial.
And this is why it's competitive??

His thing is going fast?

That's a huge advantage for Inostroza, he is so fast he beats most his opponents and racks up DR and SR which makes it way over competitive in the GTWS and all other modes of GT7. However it's a disadvantage for the lower skilled groups.

@GrumpyOldMan agree?

Last edited:
Wll, I'm notoriously blind as far as details are concerned, but I always look to see who I'm racing against (DR/SR and QT), so while I have no way to know for sure, I'm pretty sure I've never seen one before. Also, I'm not up in DR A all that often.
You write the god damn software dude.

S is alway tour players come on. I've said this about 5 times

Now this makes me question the rankings a bit.

Say a low A+ driver qualifies bit below non qualifiers does rank really matter? Or results?

You write the god damn software dude.

Now this makes me question the rankings a bit.

Say a low A+ driver qualifies bit below non qualifiers does rank really matter? Or results?
I don't think this is a possible scenario for it to be a concern. I'd usually be in split 3 or 4, sometimes 2 when my rank was A+ and you are still earning hundreds less for a win than top split is. If you're qualifying, you're fast enough to earn the S.

I don't think this is a possible scenario for it to be a concern. I'd usually be in split 3 or 4, sometimes 2 when my rank was A+ and you are still earning hundreds less for a win than top split is. If you're qualifying, you're fast enough to earn the S.
It says you have to be top of your league/split then you apply or get it?

Its such a rare thing... which I wished people would understand in a race

That makes logical sense, I don't ever think I'll reach that level, high A+. This makes me weary of entering any GTWS races because I know I'll get crushed by the nation racers.
And even if my DR goes up to a high B it would still be a concern for me, skill-wise.

Last edited:
@Famine - I'm wondering how to handle DR "S" in GranTracker. Is it a rank, or a "badge"? Is it equivalent to "A+"? And if so, if they ever drop to "A", do they lose their "S"?
That's a huge advantage for Inostroza, he is so fast he beats most his opponents and racks up DR and SR which makes it way over competitive in the GTWS and all other modes of GT7. However it's a disadvantage for the lower skilled groups.

@GrumpyOldMan agree?
I have no idea. I'll never be up to that level, but should I ever get there, ask me then. :lol:
Listen, with my memory the way it is these days, you could have said it yesterday, and I might still not remember it. And that's the God's honest truth.

1714074783388.png

@

Just curious, how long did it take you to get to DR A ?

@Famine - I'm wondering how to handle DR "S" in GranTracker. Is it a rank, or a "badge"? Is it equivalent to "A+"? And if so, if they ever drop to "A", do they lose their "S"?
It's a badge, and no they can't lose it even if they drop to D/E (and are reset).

So this is how my week has gone so far. Keep in mind I'm a perennial low B DR.
Monday afternoon I get home early from work, decide to check out the new races. Hmm. TM, okay. Let's give it a go. I see the Audi R8

is the early meta car, just so happens I like the R8 evo, it's become my comfort car. So I jump on and start grinding some QT laps.
After about 40 laps I've honed in on a 153.3ish. A couple more laps and boom! 152.763! Yeah that's a unicorn for me for sure.

So now my heads bouncing back and forth between, "You've really screwed Yourself Now" and "Hot Damn!". My DR is B 27%.

First race, start on the Pole, WooHoo. by lap 3 I'm in 5th because I don't race near like I qualify, A bump from behind and some nashing of teeth and I finish 12th.

Next race, start on the Pole, WooHoo. by lap 3 I'm in 6th place, yeah, side swiped in turn 1, I finish 12th. Do some soul searching, decide to hold of on TM. I decide to give Race C a go. Grind some QT laps in different cars, Like the G70 but eventually I post my

best QT in the Lancer. 47.771 Which is great for me. Only .771 behind Glen. he he. My DR is now B 20%. First race I start 3rd. drive adequate, get hammered from behind on last lap at turn 1 and pushed off. finish 6th. still get DR points.

Next race start 4th, drive well, finish 5th. Now my DR is back to B 27%. So now I'm thinking hey this might be my ticket to breaking 30%. But now my SR is back to S. next race.... I'm in a 15 man lobby with SEVEN A drivers, 3 A+. Grrrr......

Start 12th, very mundane drive, finish 12th. Lose DR. So now I'm thinking I should drop my SR to get away from these A drivers. lol.
But I don't know a humane way to do that without dropping DR also.

I've also noticed over the last 3 months I'm stuck in this cycle where my DR gets up to around 30% and then I slide down to around 10, and then repeat the process.

This'll take less than a minute of your time, and you get to hear my voice! Big thrill for y'all I'm sure.

Do you feel my pain?

Just curious, how long did it take you to get to DR A ?
It took about 6 months the first time, and I didn't stay there long. I only started these stats (below) after about 5 or 6 months of playing:

1714086044051.png

So this is how my week has gone so far. Keep in mind I'm a perennial low B DR.
This week at Trial Mountain, if you can't race up to your Q time, you're gonna get eaten alive. Good thing it isn't always like this.

Oddly enough, this week I actually can drive to my Q time, which almost never happens.
I've also noticed over the last 3 months I'm stuck in this cycle where my DR gets up to around 30% and then I slide down to around 10, and then repeat the process.
As you can see from my graph above, that pattern sounds about normal, to me. Of course, the word "normal" and me don't usually collide in a sentence...

Back