GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 31,959 comments
At last, a positive change on Race C. Mandatory pit.
Changing tires or not, driver's choice and skills.

Not the rubbish non-stoppers option.
What was the point to make the last 2 laps with low grip, loosing 5 to 10 seconds per lap, if the pit stop is 30 seconds?

Anyway, PD usual nonsense daily races settings.

Last edited:
I am no match to the mightly M6 on Road Atlanta in the McLaren but here we go. 1:36.9 with Opt at 1:36.7. Feel like that is the best I can do without setup as the car is so understeery through the 1st sector as well as the last chicane. This was also one of the rare QT sessionn where I could lap continuously (instead of having 200 sessions of 2 laps each). Still lacks consistancy especially at sector 3.

IMG_0183.JPG

Jumped into one race, Q8 and ended up P7. First 2 laps I had 4+ angry M6s queuing up behind me at all times but at least managed to pull away. Used maybe a bit too much tyre in the process so I was basically running on bare rims (Front/Rear left) since Lap 11. No one pitted except the Ferrari and that dropped him from P3 to P11 at finish. I (along with most of the field) only lost 2 sec per lap on completely worn tyres so 0-stop is the way to go. Just read that Pitstop is now mandatory, then QT is even more important as everyone will be much more consistant through out the race.

I did have top 5 race pace on new tyres but no where near on worn ones. Don't think I will go again as clearly I am not the best with tyre saving.

IMG_0182.JPG

Last edited:
The original race C was better. Tyre management is a skill. Now it's just the same old boring sprint
I was really looking forward to getting back into race C. My two previous runs I'd managed the tyres to the end, only really trying to beat the stoppers, but I was nowhere near optimising race time. I'd love to have taken on the challenge of a tyre management race beating others by doing a better job of it than them. Now back to the same olde...

I rarely go back to the dailies after a Monday morning blast, as just repeating the same simple race over and over again doesn't really appeal to me.

The original race C was better. Tyre management is a skill. Now it's just the same old boring sprint
Don´t agree tbh. There´s managment now. If you can and are consistent with lap times on worn tyres don´t change them and save 6 seconds on the pit stop.
The difference is that now many more cars can race this track on this conditions.

Was it really? Can we really consider it tyre management when eveyone is going full red on the left tyres?

It was more managing your lap times with full worn tyres, than tyre management and all it did was expose the game's bad tyre model when doing 3 laps on full worn tyres is better than pitting (or actually saving tyres and not have fully worn by lap 10).

If the tyres worked as they do irl the lap times would drop dramatically by lap 10, if they survived at all.

Last edited:
Don´t agree tbh. There´s managment now. If you can and are consistent with lap times on worn tyres don´t change them and save 6 seconds on the pit stop.
The difference is that now many more cars can race this track on this conditions.
Id rather the race were increased by a lap or two, what ever keeps the delta interesting. A forced pit feels more like a hoop to jump through, rather than strategy.

PD already implements great tire models when it comes to driving wet/intermediates on semi-dry roads. During the 20-lap Spa race some weeks back, there was one race of mine where the strategy was distinctly split between RM-IM vs RM-IM-IM.

Baffling that PD did not implement similar for dead tires. Just significantly increase lap time on dead tires and this Race C could have been brilliant with two equally viable strategy: non-stop vs 1-stop.

Yes, ideally, dead tires should be forced to run at pit-speed just like when you run out of fuel but I don't foresee PD implementing this.

PD already implements great tire models when it comes to driving wet/intermediates on semi-dry roads. During the 20-lap Spa race some weeks back, there was one race of mine where the strategy was distinctly split between RM-IM vs RM-IM-IM.

Baffling that PD did not implement similar for dead tires. Just significantly increase lap time on dead tires and this Race C could have been brilliant with two equally viable strategy: non-stop vs 1-stop.

Yes, ideally, dead tires should be forced to run at pit-speed just like when you run out of fuel but I don't foresee PD implementing this.
That Spa race was so amazing.... As many have pointed out we really need a "RACE D" every week that goes for 45 / 50 min.

A change I'd like to see that could spice up the dailies a lot. Instead of having fixed tyre & fuel modifiers we should change them to a range, where the exact value was selected randomly per race. Ideally without us ever knowing exactly which value was used.

Image ranges for tyre wear such as:
  • Low: 1 -> 2
  • Medium: 2 -> 4
  • High: 4 -> 7
  • Extreme: 7 -> 10​
Then during the race you need to play it by ear, watch how fast your tyres are wearing or fuel is being burnt and adapt on the fly. Maybe we could even emulate different track conditions causing the tyre wear to fluctuate during the race.

For a bit of extra fun the exact number of laps can be variable as well. So for what's now a 12 lap race, instead you'd get a random number from 10 to 14 laps.

sigh. I usually get a quick race in before work and jumped into C this morning. Too early to bother checking the website, and why would I? You guessed it - I looked like an idiot with 1:00 penalty!

But I don't think I have mentioned - a couple weeks ago I started a Euro account. Mostly to practice Gr.4 since I stink and a high B is probably my ceiling there until I figure it out. Or to race the odd Gr.3, experimenting with different cars.

So with the discussion of significant tire wear and no-stops on C, I thought what better use for a second account than to practice this (Controller and tire shredder here). Saw everyone pitting while I go past, taking P1. I thought, it's a mid-B lobby, they don't have experience pushing bad tires.

I did manage to finish P1 sans penalty on fully red tires and with a CRB. The actual winner caught me on the last lap and I thought he was being awfully patient with me on my dead tires, but he knew something I didn't :)

So if anyone sees a familiar name with a Norwegian flag, say Hi!

OK so this is a bit funny... I thought with the Race B limits for this week (renting default cars) would take away some of the fun but, so far, I think I was mistaken 🙃

Getting very consistent with my laps and so far, I am sitting on a 2:08:7 driving the G70 and it's quite fun! No clue how to shave 2s to be closer to the top times lol but whatever, having fun!

The 2nd surprise was the racing! I did 2 so far, first with my 2nd account to test the waters (driving standards) and after being encouraged by the mostly-clean driving, I hopped into main account and also did well.

I almost blew it on Lap 3 when my TV almost went on standby and the message box really distracted me at the worse time lol (going flat out at 130R) and by some miracle, held the car and managed to defend P6 after the car behind caught up with me as I lost almost 1.5s in that moment 😅

Considering I started in the middle, before the mistake, I was within 4s of the leader and they all were fast drivers, so quite happy with my race pace at the moment 😁

View attachment 1351350 View attachment 1351351
View attachment 1351352 View attachment 1351353

Also, seems like this week will be a fun challenge as very close times in my friend leaderboard 🥸

I think there is a glitch for using the rental cars, the rules set says about changing settings (partial suspension, diff) but when I have gone into setting the option to change isnt there. I think they made a boo boo for this week.

Does a drive through gain you anything?
Doubt it unless you are really good on tires. I only tried it on an alt account because... alt account. I would have happily changed tires if I'd known they changed the pit reqs.

In the A levels where guys are good with tires, (except me), I had a devils choice - pit and lose time or slug my way through and lose time. I would have been eaten alive.

Since PD is making a stop mandatory for Race C (nice), I hopped into the NSX to see if I could do a sub-1:20 QT on a track I'm pretty weak on. It took 18 laps to get a 1:19.792. Happy for now, but I can see me getting a lower 1:19 or high 1:18 in the next day or so. Need a bit more confidence before jumping into a race. 😤

I knew this was going to be a close week 😀 Almost @Nebuc72 🤣

Did my 2nd race of the week on Main and started in P6 and Lap 1 was a coin toss in terms of my survival! P5 in front of me really slowed down in the S-curves in Sector 1 and to avoid him, I dipped my tires on the grass and managed to control the car sideways lol.

I managed an ol' switcheroo overtake on him later but we were side-by-side into 130R and with me on the outside, I was again in trouble but managed to control the car and again slot into P6.

Lap 3 I used slipstream to just have my rear bumper in front of him (again at 130R) and this time, I kept P5 and my cool on the final lap to secure P5 and a clean race 😅

1714498981590.jpeg
1714499203985.jpeg

Did my first Race B this week, and this was NOT the mix of cars I expected:

1714502897535.png

By the way, DO NOT tick off the driver in P9 (above). He's vindictive and will hunt you in race after race, and he doesn't care if he takes out all the other racers while taking out his rage.

I've got video of him saying that this is his intention, as well as him doing obvious divebombs. I'd love to report him, but I doubt anything would be done.

I knew this was going to be a close week 😀 Almost @Nebuc72 🤣

Did my 2nd race of the week on Main and started in P6 and Lap 1 was a coin toss in terms of my survival! P5 in front of me really slowed down in the S-curves in Sector 1 and to avoid him, I dipped my tires on the grass and managed to control the car sideways lol.

I managed an ol' switcheroo overtake on him later but we were side-by-side into 130R and with me on the outside, I was again in trouble but managed to control the car and again slot into P6.

Lap 3 I used slipstream to just have my rear bumper in front of him (again at 130R) and this time, I kept P5 and my cool on the final lap to secure P5 and a clean race 😅

View attachment 1351599 View attachment 1351600

You're starting P6 with that QT?

Oh dear. I don't know if I should even try a race then 🫣. Still a lot to relearn to become competitive again. Back to my practice account...

You're starting P6 with that QT?

Oh dear. I don't know if I should even try a race then 🫣. Still a lot to relearn to become competitive again. Back to my practice account...
Depends on your DR. My main is 20% progress from A to A+ and I start P6 but on 3rd account, I set a time in just one lap before race start (2:08:9) and I started in P3 with a medium B rated DR

Depends on your DR. My main is 20% progress from A to A+ and I start P6 but on 3rd account, I set a time in just one lap before race start (2:08:9) and I started in P3 with a medium B rated DR
Well, that's the funny part: my DR is at around 60% towards A+, which is of course ridiculous (it was built upon bunch of races that had fitted me perfectly, like the Sileightys in Suzuka, more than a year ago).

Maybe it's time to face the music, just jump in and get put in my place again...🙃

My first session back up in B/S in lobbies and it really is BS!
Race 1, I start near the back, but gain places just watching drivers push one another off track. on the last lap I make a clean move on the inside of the hairpin and get a better drive out, so the driver I'm over taking starts sideswiping me on the run down to spoon. I backed out to avoid getting pushed on the grass and finished behind them. In the post-race lobby I asked " Why did you ram me?" Response, "Everyone else does it". How depressing.

Last edited:
My time is fast and reasonable, 2'13.780. I really hate 130R, it is a very tricky section to master while driving fast. Then the last chicane before the finish line sometimes kills my good laps.
It is tricky. I can’t judge the amount of braking required with any consistency, so instead I lift off the throttle just after 200 meter marker, turn in, then dropped down a gear and accelerate as I passed the apex. That’s the most consistent method I found.

Last edited:
Back