GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 32,198 comments
Well after a good nights sleep, I took the BMW's back out to see if I could improve on the times. Happy to say that I was able and took them out to the wild. First is the M3 GT '11. The Z4 will be next.

Finished off adjusting the new rig with some QTs at Sardegna and squeezed a bit more time out of the RCZ, that’s it for this week.

18f6e1e8e9171-screenshotUrl.jpg

Done for this week - it's turned into a free-for-all. It was fun, but also a little frustrating with the crap shoot of whether I get forced into the middle of a group crash or not.

24 races, started DR A 18%, finished DR A 34%, with a high of 41%. And SR S 100%.

1715553960135.png

1715554034295.png

Hope y'all had a good week, and see you next week (tomorrow)!

Just gotta love the penalty system...

:banghead:

Ouch! A 4-second penalty! That probably hurt your race. I got a 6-second penalty for hitting the wall so much at Trial Mountain the other week. Ridiculous how they have their system. They could lower the harshness of it, but I know PD won't. They're doing what Sony wants them to do, because they own the Playstation company.

Well guys I'm entering the last Sardegna race for tonight and then it's off to the new tracks this week.

Watkins Glen, Brands Hatch Indy and Deep Forest

Good luck to everyone out there! I'm ready to roll. Allright I gotta go race, catch ya later!! EDIT: Awww man!!! I was on Lap 3 and I was in third place when all of a sudden the connection went out and the race got terminated. That gets on my nerves really bad. I hope it doesn't affect my ratings.

Last edited:
Ouch! A 4-second penalty! That probably hurt your race. I got a 6-second penalty for hitting the wall so much at Trial Mountain the other week. Ridiculous how they have their system. They could lower the harshness of it, but I know PD won't. They're doing what Sony wants them to do, because they own the Playstation company.
It's nice there are some penalties, but just not how the game dishes them out occasionally.

I'd started this race 2nd, punted to 6th on lap 1, then the guy in the video above put me dead last later in the lap. This was me recovering after the pitstop and came across the same guy again. None of this contacts were deliberate, just erratic driving - I think .

My DR and SR dropped a good chunk after the race - his DR went up and SR stayed the same.

Last edited:
Here's my best lap and tune so far for the new Race B which is currently best in the US and fastest Viper worldwide.

My idea for tuning is have as much rotation as possible while still being stable on the rumble strips which for me I'm not super consistent at so I don't know about this tune in a race but seeing as the leaderboard has a decent variety of cars, someone way faster than me might have a chance at getting the Viper first in the world for qualifying.

Question for you guys: In this week's Daily Race B, do we have to tune to be competitive?
I hate tuning.
Just gotta love the penalty system...

:banghead:

I guess as far as the game is concerned, it sees him on track and me driving straight in to him and propelling him off the circuit. Earlier though, he side swiped me off the track with no penalty or damage.

That just totally sucks. You would think if they can design Sophy (sp?), they could come up with the logic to detect things like this.
Getting spider vibes from your SR chart. Looks like it is crawling this way.

N.B. I don't mind spiders at all.
LOL. Reminds me of the old song "I Don't Like Spiders and Snakes". I'd link it here, but I just listened to it, and it does NOT stand the test of time. :yuck:

Nice to meet @Childe Roland at Suzuka yesterday while on my US account. Looked like you got taken off by someone?

I ran 2nd til a stupid error put me 4th. That Qualifylol guy is very fast! Think he was 15th to 5th in 1 lap, likely aided by some carnage though.

Hopefully get a couple more race Cs in tonight... I don't think I'll manage much next week as working 2 different jobs next week. Well one is hardly work - paid to sit in the sun and watch otters and killer whales.
Nice to meet you on track!
Sadly, that was one of the most bizarre days I had at this game.

It was the third race in a row where I was taken out at first turn.
I tried to keep racing and I did some sort of comeback until some good fellow returning from the grass killed me bad.

I decided it was enough for the day and rage quit.
I rarely do that thing, but it was enough for the day.

Hope to see you again but in better circumstances :lol:

Last edited:
Question for you guys: In this week's Daily Race B, do we have to tune to be competitive?
I hate tuning.

That just totally sucks. You would think if they can design Sophy (sp?), they could come up with the logic to detect things like this.

LOL. Reminds me of the old song "I Don't Like Spiders and Snakes". I'd link it here, but I just listened to it, and it does NOT stand the test of time. :yuck:
Didn't use a tune in QT but managed a 47:6 in the Veyron.

Not sure in the race though although I'd suspect only big differences in the higher split lobbies.

I hate tuning.

my guess is yes. I have yet to try though. I know that at Gardens and Lago tuning was making the car far easier to drive consistently

And IMO tuning/setup has always been part of Grand Turismo and ones ability to tune should factor into ones driver rating. But the reality is if you do not tune you Dr will just settle somewhere were you are competitive anyways. As someone who does Time Trails IRL and used to Road race, and racer of any level knows what a car needs done to make it faster. If your low level like myself your the one putting it up on track stands and adjusting alignment, coilover height(to get corner weights right), adjusting sway bars elect...... this is part of IRL racing. GT7 is supposed to be the "Real" driving simulator and except for arrive and drive events all track cars from ******* fit to WEC cars allow setup adjustment. Even spec series like spec miata elect are extremely setup dependent .

I do think for Gt to have successful tuning.

1. setups should be saveable between races (right now i screen shot after my qualifying sessions , and screen shot any changes I make)

2. setups should be "open" you should be able to view anyone's setup to stop setup buying and selling off setups that happens on ACC and Iracing.

3. The entire set up sheet should be open. IE adjusting aero, adjusting all the suspension, and adding(but not taking) away ballast.

Lastly in relation to the last one, tuning/setup is supposed to adjust the car to your driving and to the track. One person setup may not be what you need to drive fast.

Last edited:
I was away last week, although apparently it was a good week to be away as it was a repeat week! Also a bit weird that I mentioned Sardegna A in a car profile while I was away and it ended up being a Daily Race while I was away haha!

Anyway this week I do love, it's absolutely brilliant fun! Hopefully this guide can help anyone who may be struggling or looking to improve their times.

Didn't think the M4 had a hope in well of a good result.
The BTCC team running BMWs is based just down the road from me, so I may stick on their livery later and try & replicate the real-life success from yesterday.
In reality, it may not.
This was a Monday with lots of people learning the track (and sand trap locations😬). Also, it was very early a.m. with a wide mix of drivers.

Back