GTDesigned: A Community Vision GT Project

We'll going to add a series of poll for 3 days, for now the layout

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You could always have a Gas Turbine Engine like they used in F1 and Le Mans (Lotus 56B and the Rover-BRM) 45-50 years ago -

Even more jet fighter. (Rather than taking the usual 3 wheel route of the Morgan.... eek!)

Something like this then?
View attachment 264769

More slim though, like a shark. The cockpit is actually just like the canopy of a jet fighter.
The front wheels need to stick out quite a lot from the body, almost like an F1, only with skinnier wheels. Also, the black extension in the back is just wide enough to cover the rear wheel, so it's even slimmer than the front of the car.

Some inspiration pictures:

great-white-up-close_6455_600x450.jpg

1533601.jpg

ic4rfIxr1Syt.jpg

messerschmitt-kr20_1607655c.jpg

More slim though, like a shark. The cockpit is actually just like the canopy of a jet fighter.
The front wheels need to stick out quite a lot from the body, almost like an F1, only with skinnier wheels. Also, the black extension in the back is just wide enough to cover the rear wheel, so it's even slimmer than the front of the car.

Some inspiration pictures:

great-white-up-close_6455_600x450.jpg

1533601.jpg

ic4rfIxr1Syt.jpg

messerschmitt-kr20_1607655c.jpg
using your design I could take the red car you sent me, strip it, make a sharper front end and remove fenders, chop the roof and supercharge it with some slicks and alloy wheels! XD But its a good idea though, because so far the VGTs are existing cars modified. We are building a car from scratch

So I might be able to come up with something..
I'm thinking MR Dualcharged 4wd with rear bias and looks.. Well if There was an formula 3000 cat, and a radical rxc that's what it would look like I will draw it soon.

IMAG0942.jpg
I've always wanted to see the vertical stabilizer used as a rudder over the COG to assist in removing lateral g's from the tyres. By connecting the rudder to the steering, more steering input = more rudder holding it in. Using the LMP1 style but moving aero, banned in F1 but not VGT.

First attempt at drawing a car at 43. LOL

Last edited:
I would also like to provide a hand in this, but am waiting to see if everyone is going for a contemporary design or futuristic.

Do what ever you want! Mine will be contemporary with some advanced tech. Complaints of made by environmentalists will fall on deaf ears (nudge nudge hint hint about the car). It will completely disregard being road legal especially to US standards. It will be functional and fast

Can we design a car that has a power to weight of 1:1? So we can have something like the koenigsegg one:1 but much more track focused and if possible looks better.

Crazy idea i know, but if we pull it off we will create the SECOND car to have the perfect balance!

1) most of us are amateur drawers and artists, some of us can't even draw, we need to post our sketches as much as we can so we can share info, progression and others can put input before its too late.
I never said you couldn't post your sketches/drawings/ideas. Me saying that kind of defeats the point of the forum. I did, however, say don't post two or more times back to back. If you've posted and have something else to add, edit your post.

@TB just out curiosity on the Very unlikely chance of this actually materializing who would own the rights to the intellectual property?

@TB just out curiosity on the Very unlikely chance of this actually materializing who would own the rights to the intellectual property?

The intellectual property would belong to the ones who constructed the ideas. If several people contribute together, they'd own the IP together. It's like when a band makes a song, if they all contributed then they all own the song. If only one person wrote the song, then only he/she owns it.

I started on a SketchUp model of my drawing, just getting the shark nose in shape. Not sure how to shape the rear end yet.

vgtwip.jpg

Edit: Model update.

vgtwip2.jpg

Last edited:
The intellectual property would belong to the ones who constructed the ideas. If several people contribute together, they'd own the IP together. It's like when a band makes a song, if they all contributed then they all own the song. If only one person wrote the song, then only he/she owns it.

I started on a SketchUp model of my drawing, just getting the shark nose in shape. Not sure how to shape the rear end yet.

Edit: Model update.

View attachment 264996
Yes but if by some small chance this was to succeed a lot people are going to have to contribute.

The whole community definitely could finish the project but the last thing we need to put our car in the game is Kaz's permission, we need to figure this out

Does anyone know Polyphony Digital's email or maybe Sony's email?

Last edited:
The whole community definitely could finish the project but the last thing we need to put our car in the game is Kaz's permission, we need to figure this out

Does anyone know Polyphony Digital's email or maybe Sony's email?

I actually don't think that this has a realistic shot at making it into the game, so let's just keep it at the "what if" stage and not get carried away.

I actually don't think that this has a realistic shot at making it into the game, so let's just keep it at the "what if" stage and not get carried away.
Well, we can at least try. I know several members here are very skilled at advanced art software so we can at least get some "official" sketches if necessary.

Design ideas should follow a design brief, a design brief should follow a basic specification drawn up from market research... So before people go submitting finished ideas, the first question, is what do people want. Let's just get through all the necessary polls first.

GTPs vision for the future shouldn't just be liking stuff that people are great with 3D rendering post.

Design ideas should follow a design brief, a design brief should follow a basic specification drawn up from market research... So before people go submitting finished ideas, the first question, is what do people want. Let's just get through all the necessary polls first.

GTPs vision for the future shouldn't just be liking stuff that people are great with 3D rendering post.
Exactly we need to get a lot of people on board and have a series of suggestions then polls. I'm working on a concept now

Exactly. In a thread like this organization is key, and frankly the main flaw with this thread is that the 'rules' are non-existent here. It's basically make whatever you want and if it's the best of the best of the best sketch of a VGT you could be the lead designer. It needs to be more specific in terms of the design of these concept cars.

Now I know a lot of you guys in this thread are new to the forums and that's okay. The more and more experience you get here, eventually you'll get the flow. A moderater named TB came in and gave you advice on how to make this thread more organized and less confusing, which should be taken into account.

Some examples of 'do's are if you have a lot of photos, either create a contact sheet or create a link.

I hope this helps.

Back