GTDesigned: A Community Vision GT Project

We'll going to add a series of poll for 3 days, for now the layout

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
But this project have to work no matter what, I'll search for some small company to sponsored our efforts if we can't enter our car just because we're not a company

I really don't understand why you're seeking sponsorship. It's a fun exercise, that is all. There's no need.

Oops... I "accidentally" turned the wind tunnel up to 191 MPH... lol lol the air coming off of the front of my car has a density of 15.2 times water. :P Thats higher than the density of lead. :P talk about compression... lol

You're gonna need some armor plating ;)

If we've got extra time, i might have to give modeling a go myself. 👍
Any idea on how long we've got until the polling begins?

[EDIT]
Probably better directed question at eran0004, since we're kind of waiting on him.

I'm just going to make a model of the general flow of the car, not all the details yet. Not sure how long it will take, but let's just set a date for the poll and if I'm not ready by then I'll just show what I've got so far.

I really don't understand why you're seeking sponsorship. It's a fun exercise, that is all. There's no need.

It's because this is my long my time ambition, to make cars maybe this could pave the way to create a company I dreamed, you might won't believe me but I gave up a World Bamboo Design Competition worth $10.000 (maybe it doesn't seem much in your country but in my country with currently rubbish economy, it's worth it) with my friends for this project, I couldn't let this chance slip, beside there's a lot of people interested in this project wouldn't it be such a let down/disappointment when we finally get the news that PD isn't Interested?

Last edited:
I couldn't let this chance slip, beside there's a lot of people interested in this project wouldn't it be such a let down/disappointment when we finally get the news that PD isn't Interested?
Not really, i just see at as a bit of fantasy. Granted, we're all putting time and effort into it, but at the same time i wouldn't be the least bit disappointed if the finished community design, goes no further than this thread.

I'm not meaning to knock your enthusiasm or optimism, it's just the way i see it. That's not to say i wouldn't be pleased if the project/exercise went further. 👍

($10.000 is a lot of money in any country, i would have thought).

I built this Go-kart out of Lego a while back, thought i'd dig it out to show the possible footprint/scale of the 'Giga-Kart'.
(The wooden dummy is a bit too big.. but not too far off from being proportionate to the Kart).

:lol:

The body shape is coming together.

newd5.png

newd7.png

Attachments

• newdesignsketch.jpg
    newdesignsketch.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
so is there actually a poll are we all just slowly going to model our cars until there's 3-4 finished products? My main computer is waiting on a new motherboard so I won't be able to model until after the new year.

It's gonna take me more than next monday to complete a 3d render of my car, so I'll just stick to my pencil and paper design.

Which in turn might lessen my chances of winning, lol

It's gonna take me more than next monday to complete a 3d render of my car, so I'll just stick to my pencil and paper design.

Which in turn might lessen my chances of winning, lol
Actually if everyone makes a 3D car 2D might be the way to go. lol. I remember when there was only 2 cars modeled in 3d. :P @eran0004 3 wheeler and mine. :P

I like the vent for the rear wheels. :) very useful. :) You need to texture the windows though. :D

Here's my design updated againView attachment 275877
You should try the color scheme I made for it. :) I thought it looks pretty cool. :) You can change the colors

ehhem... since you guys are rendering your cars out... Time to do some work myself. :)

chasm.png

@eran0004 and myself are the innovators. :) He was the first to make a 3D model; and I was the first to animate my car on a track. :)

Last edited:
Errrm, what does that make us? :odd:
Laggards obviously of course. XD XD. lol. jking. :D I was second too model back at page 7 of so... so I guess I'm an early adapter for modelling... you guys are the early and late majority depending on who started before who. XD

Not really, i just see at as a bit of fantasy. Granted, we're all putting time and effort into it, but at the same time i wouldn't be the least bit disappointed if the finished community design, goes no further than this thread.

I think if we do a good job that it will deserve to be in GT. :) I don't think it's pure fantasy.

edit: I have a radical proposal... We shouldn't use a lead designer. Because there's a better option. :P

Last edited:
Tell me about it
We put all of our existing designs in a vote. In a new thread and the community gets to vote on their favorite cars out of all existing designs. Then we take the top design and take the pros and cons from each other and the users of GTP and as a team we suggest new designs with community feedback. :) Then we vote again, take the top designs... repeat...

that would make it a true GTP VGT. And when we seem happy with it. We take the final vote. We have to take a poll that has to have a minimum of 100 votes with 80% of the community saying that they like it. :)

We put all of our existing designs in a vote. In a new thread and the community gets to vote on their favorite cars out of all existing designs. Then we take the top design and take the pros and cons from each other and the users of GTP and as a team we suggest new designs with community feedback. :) Then we vote again, take the top designs... repeat...

that would make it a true GTP VGT. And when we seem happy with it. We take the final vote. We have to take a poll that has to have a minimum of 100 votes with 80% of the community saying that they like it. :)
Better than one person winning it all and all others getting demotivated, I'll say that.

Here's the "hubless" wheel rim design that is a part of my GTPDRONE Concept. I 3D Modeled the wheel before I created the freehand sketches in my submission...... and this wheel appears in the "GTPDrone" Logo I created as well. I do quite a bit of freehand sketching and conceptual 3D surfacing in my real job. Many thanks to all of you here on the "Project VGT" Team for your efforts in keeping this Project moving forward. Cheers.:cheers:

gtplanet-vgt-image-006.jpg

Back