Body Styles: 3-door hatchback
Additional Info: Hemming's blog
Chevrolet_Sprint_Turbo.jpg

1987-Chevrolet-Sprint-Turbo.jpg

173bh4154_ChevySprintTurbo-SuzukiCultus-640x426.jpg

ChevroletSprint_02_1500.jpg

Sprint_Drivers_F.JPG

1987_My_Chevy_Sprint_New_Dash_-_September_17_2007-500x375.jpg

Probably great fun. Also probably quite awful. It looks like someone tried to make a March Super Turbo on a very, very tight budget. Tight by K10 Micra standards. SU because it looks very cheap and quite dreary.

Gotta love what Pikes Peak can do to a car, huh?

As for this Cultus, it's not that bad. I bet it must bring its drivers great joy wheh they are driving around some tight mountain road. But a Chevy version is probably a rather cheaply-done import, and the chances of finding a good Cultus these days is probably the size of a toothpick.

It isn't SU because of Pikes Peak career and rather interesting sporty looks, but the fact that the Swift GTI exists and is a tad bit better drops its rating to a Uncool. I wouldn't mind owning one, mind you.

Sounds like a turbocharged Aygo. But looks like a late 80s Sunny hatchback with a bonnet gap axe wound and MG Metro wheel covers.

Seriously Uncool.

Saw one a while back for the first time, and I like little hatches, and cars I've never seen before, so I looked it up. The Hemmings review was quite positive and that solidified my initial opinion that this little car is pretty cool.

Suzuki's crappy half-assed attempt at an 80's turbo hot hatch. With asymmetry.

Seriously, Seriously Uncool.

Last edited:
Ticks a number of "Cool" boxes for me. Rare now, and I think it looks just fine (I like asymmetry hey), not hugely powerful but weighs about the same as a hair and has a 5-speed box. If the figure of 8.7s for 0-60 is to be believed too, this car seems a ton of fun.

I have a strange obsession for it. Love it, Sub zero. Probably will get hate for saying that but hey, different strokes for different folks.

A little featherweight turbo 3-pot with a little bit of rally history from possibly the coolest decade for cars...that's plenty of ingredients for Cool.

At one of the last car shows I attended, I was drawn to a 1983 Plymouth Colt Turbo over all the typical '50s-'60s american iron. One of these would catch my eye, too.

A lot of the time when I try to load up this page, my browser just gives up. Saying AND I QUOTE "He'd dead Jim". No other thread just this one.

One for the questionable mods thread perhaps.

The Micra Turbo was mentioned above and as soon as I noticed I instantly remembered it was better.
But hey. This has at least got something to spice it up from cringy mediocrity. Meh.

I remember these badged as Pontiac Fireflies back in the day, though they probably didn't have the turbo engine. A pastor that lived in my little town growing up owned one. His daughter was... adventurous.

For being a part of my first visit to second base, I don't want to vote this anything less than Cool, but once I take off the glasses, this penalty box doesn't have much going for it.

70hp from a 1.0L Turbo I-3 isn't too bad for '80s engineering.
It makes more power than my Up although that doesnt have a turbo.

But it's still uncool.

This thing screams the word fun. I don't want to vote this anything less than Cool. Yes it's not particularly good looking nor reliable, but it's fun and it's a grin maker. I'd, personally, look twice at one and think "somebody drives a Cultus, neat! The owner is ballsy and cool".

Cool.

I remember these badged as Pontiac Fireflies back in the day, though they probably didn't have the turbo engine. A pastor that lived in my little town growing up owned one. His daughter was... adventurous.

For being a part of my first visit to second base, I don't want to vote this anything less than Cool, but once I take off the glasses, this penalty box doesn't have much going for it.

This actually swung my vote. Cool because Slip's a sly dog :sly:

Back