GTP Cool Wall: 2011+ Noble M600

2011+ Noble M600

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
some of the reasoning is a little shonky though, the reliability card which keeps coming up seems to come solely from the brake issues in Top Gear,
Or maybe the fact that it is a car constructed on a shoestring budget by an independent British company who to that point had only really constructed what ended up being really good kit cars everywhere outside of its home country, but whatever.

they certainly didn't "show us that it is a piece of crap".
Even funnier than Dennisch's dry humor is your consistent missing of it.

Would've thought the Yamaha-engineered Volvo-derived underpinnings would actually be pretty reliable, though I welcome some more solid evidence to the contrary.
I wasn't aware the Yamaha-engineered Volvo-derived underpinnings produced 450-650 hp through an outsourced 6 speed manual (a manual that apparently blew up in a Top Gear test, but since I haven't watched Top Gear in probably 7 years I can't really verify) when installed longitudinally in the XC90 and S80.

I mean, Cadillac had worked most of the kinks out of the Northstar engine by 2000, but the 650hp twin turbocharged version in the LMP-00 still caught on fire and burned the whole car to the ground. My car has a few electrical niggles but I've never seen flames shoot out of the hood.

And folks are also calling the styling ugly or bland? Are we looking at the same car?
Probably. I remember in 2007-ish there was a car doing rounds at the Nurburgring that everyone swore was an extremely early along Lotus Esprit preproduction prototype (though it turned out to not be).

This looks pretty much exactly like that if they took the camouflage off of it. I also remember having a complete ball with it's amazingly anonymous shape when playing Ridge Racer 7:

Just seems a shame that when a car like this comes out of nowhere and tries and to a great extent succeeds in matching or bettering the usual suspects, people are very eager to bash it, and make little attempt to back up what they say about it.
It's Chinese Crap.

Last edited:
It was the clutch on Hammond's first M600 that shattered during the first leg of their trip. Not sure if anyone knows where they even sourced that particular part, but it was never an actual engine issue.

Last edited:
It seems that very few people know much at all about this car. Remember, Top Gear is there for entertainment, not for any kind of factual journalism. Using TG to judge a car is just silly. So if you want to get a better idea of what this car is about, have a look at this:

It may not be a head to head comparison test, but it's still a testament to the purity driving experience of the Noble that EVO tested it alongside the McLaren F1, Ferrari F40, Ferrari F50, Porsche Carrera GT, Pagani Zonda F, and Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 SV. And, as Catchpole mentioned, it's likely the fastest in the real world. It's more understated and less flashy than the others but it's quick and very, very good to drive. This may or may not make the car cool in some eyes, but I think it's important that people understand what this car is rather than spouting sound bytes from an entertainment TV show.

Or maybe the fact that it is a car constructed on a shoestring budget by an independent British company who to that point had only really constructed what ended up being really good kit cars everywhere outside of its home country, but whatever.

Sadly that's lazy presumptuousness, I was really hoping for evidence to the contrary.

Even funnier than Dennisch's dry humor is your consistent missing of it.

Consistent? Eh? I know of Dennisch from seeing his name here, but that's all. And yeah that's some pretty highbrow humour right there.

It's Chinese Crap.

Now you're just getting personal :)

You summed up my point perfectly very early on (and also bookended it nicely with the China reference), that people assume it's bad just because of its origins, and even vote accordingly, without bothering to find out much about the car. In those circumstances I read up some, or just don't vote, but each to their own.

Looks alright, but it's got a Volvo engine... Doesn't quite fit a supercar to be honest...
But I'm a sucker for Turbos, especially when there's two of them..
On Top Gear the car broke down during their trip, so I don't think it's the most reliable supercar
1:17.7 on the Top Gear Test Track, the eighth fastest car around the track at it's time
Think of it as a lower quality, cheaper version of an F40; Lack of interior features but a freaking quick car
Cool I guess

I've seen one of these thrown around a track, and I have to say it really moved and looked rock solid. Got plenty of attention too plus it's fans like it's understated looks and the fact that it's different and British - I'm in that grouping too. I've personally not heard of any of the Nobles being any more unreliable than other limited production supercars, but then again if they were, when has being unreliable stopped a car being cool? Far from it. Cool all the way.

It's a super car, so it's automatically uncool, but the fact that this is fairly boring looking and is obscure bumps it up from seriously so.

--

I've ridden in what I guess could be called the predecessor to this, the M12, that my buddy owns. It's an incredibly fast car, and surprisingly comfortable enough that one could probably daily it, though the interior is spartan, and looks and feels cheap.

Back