GTP & GTS EXCLUSIVE Gran Turismo 5 Retail Overview (SIXTH final Update)

• Thread starter amar212
  • 1,904 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember the F40 having a white padding on the roof in GT5P?

Interior view angle adjustment ๐Ÿ‘

Practice Mode with Single Make Races ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Better ABS off implementation ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

No splitscreen ๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž

Locked save ๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž

Question for Amar: can you rewind/fast forward in replays? Would be particularly helpful in photo mode. And Thanks for bringing us all these updates :) I know you'd rather be playing the game rather than typing up impressions on a forum :lol:

You mean no multi-screen right?

I don't remember the F40 having a white padding on the roof in GT5P?

Interior view angle adjustment ๐Ÿ‘

Practice Mode with Single Make Races ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Better ABS off implementation ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

No splitscreen ๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž

Locked save ๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž

Question for Amar: can you rewind/fast forward in replays? Would be particularly helpful in photo mode. And Thanks for bringing us all these updates :) I know you'd rather be playing the game rather than typing up impressions on a forum :lol:

lol.. I just realized I forgot how long the replay recorded during the 24 hours races on GT4, I think I remember seeing it as being full after about 2.5 hours... does anyone else remember that... I actually would hope to have all those long races recorded, incase something memorable happened just like in the real 24 hour races, like good battles/dramas ("dramer" as David Hobbs would say) /failures/slip-ups....

who remembers the replay max length in GT4 , I don't have a PS2 anymore, and I am really sad I forgot that part...?? :guilty:

I never noticed tearing in GT5P so I don't think I'll have that problem...

WHAT? There was screen tearing in GT5p? hahahaha
I didn't notice it...so then thankfully I won't notice it in GT5 ๐Ÿ‘

C.D
not a word regarding damage (which will likely blow) yet, you've got to be ****ing kidding me.

Further proof that all of the guys who've gotten the game early are just a bunch of clowns hired by Sony to do viral marketing for the game and build up hype.

Damage is not important, most GT fans know this. How about you behave in a civil manner now?

Something I really want to know and that I was missing in GT5P is, does cockpit "instruments" work? I mean, "fuelmeter", kilometers changing and if yes, keep they so or is it on 000000 back again when you drive another car?

You mean no multi-screen right?

So does that meant no 3-screen setup, but 2-player splitscreen is still there? If yes, sorry my bad :dunce:

lol.. I just realized I forgot how long the replay recorded during the 24 hours races on GT4, I think I remember seeing it as being full after about 2.5 hours... does anyone else remember that... I actually would hope to have all those long races recorded, incase something memorable happened just like in the real 24 hour races, like good battles/dramas ("dramer" as David Hobbs would say) /failures/slip-ups....

who remembers the replay max length in GT4 , I don't have a PS2 anymore, and I am really sad I forgot that part...?? :guilty:

In GT5P it stopped after it got to around 60 laps (I tried a 99 lap race once). It's weird that they even have this limit because with the PS3 you have almost unlimited space for replay files, unlike the PS2. Unless they decide to only use the RAM space, which makes it a strange decision.

So I'm pretty sure that save game files are only locked because of the DLC being implemented. Can't really see any other reason why they would do that. I don't know maybe thats already been figured out by someone and I overlooked it.

So I'm pretty sure that save game files are only locked because of the DLC being implemented. Can't really see any other reason why they would do that. I don't know maybe thats already been figured out by someone and I overlooked it.

Burnout Paradise has tonnes of DLC and trophies, but it still allows you to copy your save to a USB stick. You just can't use it with another account. PD is just being lazy IMO (EA levels of laziness I might add).

To the rim changing complainers -

I can't believe this has become such an issue.
I read more than I post but I just had to say something about this.
I've played the Gran Turismo series since GT1 and I can't remember the last time I even thought to change rims on a car.
Has it really become that important to alter the view of a car when it encompasses a minute percentage of your playing time?

During replays with the wheels in motion you don't even notice changes.
During driving you could care less.
During purchasing it's inconsequential.
During tuning it's irrelevant. (Though, perhaps it should be)
Since when has the garage car selection become so key to this game's importance?

Maybe I've lost focus and thought the driving experience was what has become the selling point of this franchise.

At every launch Gran Turismo has been the pinnacle of driving physics.
Thanks to Amar, and others, it would seem this launch is no different.
It looks like my enjoyment will be fulfilled once again regardless of some graphics I may see for a few seconds of my gaming time.

I think perhaps you might be looking at the game with your own eyes; for many people, staring at your car is almost as much of a big thing as driving it; the right stance and the right wheels tend to set off a car perfectly, and many people were hoping to do so with their favorite cars. Consider the fact GT5 has a photo mode, as well as online racing :sly:

There's more, specifically answering some of your points; the shape of the wheels do indeed change the visible patterns while in motion, maybe you just haven't studied wheels enough or even care enough to notice. Lots of people do, and the GT series is supposed to incorporate that. I think the biggest point though is, such simple and obvious little details: thrown away! All those 800 cars, wasted. Instead of stuffing them in despite not being able to premium-ize them all, they probably should've just nixed most of them for GT5, cherry picking the obvious old favorites to get the detail treatment. Instead, we have a game lugging around a bunch of excess baggage and is ruined for many by not recieving the one important part they wanted to see: their favorite cars rendered every centimeter in all their glory. As a consequence, this game now has one too many flaws! That's just not cool, and simply won't work for obsessive-compulsive guys like me who cannot stand flaws at all.

Which means now I have to wait even longer for GT6, if it'll even have everything nailed down. At least I have real cars to play with..

To think I've made fun of Amar's "wind" prophecies... THANK YOU so much for this extensive, comprehensive, and very well-written preview!

I think that since GT4, it has become a lot more popular in the car community at large to focus on the "stance" of a car, and wheel selection, offset etc..

That's why its such a surprise that GT5 has removed this feature, when it's actually more relevant to people now than it ever was. Also its a surprise because GT4 had it, and since so many of the cars are actually coming from GT4 we can't see a reason why GT5 cant have the same feature.

I'll still love GT5 just as much, but its just a shame, thats all.

Im still hoping for DLC's for a lot of these features but i know its not likely.

I don't know if this has been asked yet, but can we upload replays to youtube? It's been mentioned in previews in he past, but I haven't heard much news about this. Amar, can you confirm this, or is it part of the locked online section?

And in the end of impressions, I have to admit that graphics will occasionally slow down in large-field races, but it is nothing that can ruin anyones experience. [/QUOTE]

I'm very disappointed in this, can't belive we wait years because
they say "GT5 must be perfect", and now there are slow frame rate!
..and online with other 15 cars while it's raining in Nurb?!?!??..
no.. i don't want to know.. it's very sad.. :-(

JumpAce asked about all tire and compound types. There are Comfort (N), Sports (S) and Racing (R) tires, and with porchasing Racing tires you're given both Intermediate and Rain compounds.
Good news!.. soo..
does weather change during race and we can change tire in slick, intermediate or heavy rain?
I know NOT in all track but i hope it's possible and dynamic weather exist
at least in some tracks (and online!!!) and not only in pre-definite
tracks in version rain or sun.

DOES DYNAMIC WEATHER EXIST??!?!?

Damage is not important, most GT fans know this. How about you behave in a civil manner now?

C.D. is right. In the newest tv spot, the damage model is mentioned again, but none of the guys playing it at the moment is able or willing to drive into a wall for us LOL.

Of course this whole thread is the result of viral marketing.

I don't know if this has been asked yet, but can we upload replays to youtube? It's been mentioned in previews in he past, but I haven't heard much news about this. Amar, can you confirm this, or is it part of the locked online section?

..., YouTube upload, Item Sharing or Car Exchange (and yes, we all have to wonder what "Car Exchange" will be :)).

I remember from Kaz' first presentation sheets about GT5 that the Youtube upload was announced from the time that Prologue was not even (or just) there. Also, Amar mentions this function in his opening post ๐Ÿ‘

Another important issue - particularly to all members of GTP Registry League, as Sjaak asked me - is that save files are really copy-protected, period. You can't copy them to memory stick and that is it.
This I don't quite understand. Does 'save file' mean the recording of a specific race, or a gamesave that represents your game progress? If the first, no problem: we will have the Youtube upload function. If the second, that'd be bad news, especially for mediocre drivers like myself who will never be able to complete all licences and challenges thus being locked from using the total game functionality :(

C.D. is right. In the newest tv spot, the damage model is mentioned again, but none of the guys playing it at the moment is able or willing to drive into a wall for us LOL.

Of course this whole thread is the result of viral marketing.

Yea I'm a little confused about that myself... I see damage pics from the people who have the game early, but it looks nothing like the damage displayed on the official GT5 commercial staring Mr. Butler.... I believe that would be false advertising lol... but besides that, everything in that commercial seems to have been proven true on this forum... Gt5 sure came a long way and i will definitely be getting it even if the damage models isn't quite what we expected.. the amount of other features far over shadows that little flaw which we aren't even a 100% sure about in my opinion. ๐Ÿ‘

Although I believe you are correct I just want to make sure since there is a sliver of a chance that the data they gathered for GT4 may not have been thorough enough causing the new Physics engine to miss parameters needed to simulate Standard cars to the engines full potential
Why would the physics for the standard cars be any different than premium? Those two terms only describe the quality of appearance. The physics engine remains the same; all cars should perform according to the data PD imputed.

hey tekken, can you let us know what your status is in the career mode? and what you've done so far? Just wondering how far you've gotten in the last week. thanks!

Dude ,and I'm not singling you out because others have posted basically the same, but to say damage is not important in a racing game is crazy. People talking about physics. Well physics dictate a car traveling over 150 mph that misjudges a turn and grip level be turned into a tuna can when hitting a stationary object that has no give. Drop an egg from a 2nd story window and it's great that your egg game has the rate of speed and impact physics calculated to a T but when your egg hits the ground and bounces back up into the 2nd story window then you just killed alot of the sim aspect about it.

Thanks for the awesome updates. Greatly appreaciated during the waiting phase.

I have a question. To purchase a F1 Ferrari, is a special license still required to do so?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back