GTP Sportscar: General Discussion

• Thread starter AJ
  • 589 comments
How about the 2014 Bathurst 12 Hours. The race that started this series.

Nah, the first LM24, where people drove what they wanted, that's where the endurance series started, @HP @WIDFO and myself had an absolute ball driving the Honda HSV, I wish I could find the stream of that race, I remember the clenching noises Hp and Widfo made as I took liberal helpings of the marshals post exiting the Porsche curves trying to hunt down @micantony and his team mates in the Supra,

Hopefully we can have an event similar on GT Sport, where people can take more or less what they like,

Nah, the first LM24, where people drove what they wanted, that's where the endurance series started, @HP @WIDFO and myself had an absolute ball driving the Honda HSV, I wish I could find the stream of that race, I remember the clenching noises Hp and Widfo made as I took liberal helpings of the marshals post exiting the Porsche curves trying to hunt down @micantony and his team mates in the Supra,

Hopefully we can have an event similar on GT Sport, where people can take more or less what they like,
That was the earliest I found on the archives. Thanks for correcting me.

The best 'moment' had to be the 2 hour marathon battle between DaBomb and TRL_Evolution at Spa 24 hours 2015, commentating that battle was absolutely fantastic.
Close second was watching DaBomb trying to make up 40 seconds in 25 minutes at Nurburgring 6 Hours in 2015 after a late safety car.

That 2015 Spa 24 Hours on the whole was so competitive and closely fought that it was my favourite race, and being on commentary was pure joy despite having slept for less than an hour and waiting a couple hours for HP to wake up so we could get live timing for everyone. I still have to apologise to AJ for getting so behind on the season announcements in that race but I still blame all the drivers for making the racing too good to cut away from.

As a Driver - 2015 Fuji 4 hours was as close to a perfect race I could have hoped to run, but 2015 Red Bull Ring 4 Hours with battling Evo and PASM was pretty surreal, as just 'some guy in Australia' who liked racing at all times of the day/night sitting in there for 2 hours being half confused half amused that I was even on the same lap count as some of the best aliens from across the world.
I do miss having it rain every time I stepped into a car, specifically the 2015 Suzuka 6 Hours which had to be the most fun rain stint ever and the chaos of starting the 2015 Le Mans 24 Hours at 100% rain on slicks. Still don't know how we all stayed on as 60km/h was a struggle through Porsche curves.

@Storm_SP17 - I hold the record for MOST instances of lag, but @DaGiBUS has the official WORST single instance of lag unless AJ wishes to update us on this ongoing inter-aussie battle.

I know I'm a week late to the conversation but for me it has to be all the hours I spent up with my team destroying my finger nails as they clawed their way back to the podium.

AJ
Anyone else missing this as much as I am?

I should be able to talk about what I have been working on in the next few months, in the mean time lets put together a Top Ten moments list.

Everyone nominate your favourite and we will let the like count decide. Include youtube clips or time codes where you can.

:gtpflag:

I see you and what you're doing and I love you for it, at least I'm lead to heavily believe this is you.

PCARS 2 screenie.png

SO! With the announcement of the new GT Sport beta coming around, I do believe that more than likely AJ would be a part of it, and also, more than likely, a good selection of the teams from this wonderful series will probably be picked. While we'll not be able to discuss publicly, I do have a feeling that if this scenario plays out, testing would probably be done and the GTP Sportscar Series will be reborn!

"The AJ is a mythical creature from ancient times...

The legend has been passed down generation to generation: It is said that his organisational skills were second to none, and at his call the greatest drivers of the time would gather and do battle at his whim.

Having long since been thought extinct, there have been claims of sightings of the AJ, brief flashes and blurry pictures, but there has been no conclusive evidence of its existence in modern times."

-@StigsTC

I do certainly miss this series, as do most of the CanAm VRL members that participated.

Sadly, the political fighting between Sony and Logitech/Fanatec drove most of us over to the PC side with little thought given to returning to consoles. We've discovered iRacing's endurance events and they have begun to fill the gap somewhat. We do miss our amazing competitors from this series though.

With Project CARS2 probably offering online driver swapping a la iRacing style, we are hoping that SOMEONE in the community (or at SMS) can create a similar series of special eSports events on that platform. With that possibility, perhaps we may see you all on track again at some point in the future.

Cheers,

F1_Racer68
CanAm VRL President

I think I could get our team back together for that.

What cars were you guys thinking?
right now that's up in the air, but suggested are below:

LMP2
Peugeot 908 HDi FAP Base Model

GTE
Chevrolet Corvette C6.R
BMW E92 M3 GT2

OR

LMP900
Audi R8 '01
BMW V12 LMR '99
Pescarolo '03
Pescarolo '04
Pescarolo '05

GTS
Chevrolet Camaro LM
Chevrolet Corvette C5-R
Chrysler Viper GTS-R
Ford GT LM (white)
Nissan Concept GT-R LM
Pagani Zonda LM

I'm fairly sure that a lot of us are waiting till GTS, but before it comes, how does a final race for GT6 sound? Say perhaps, a 12 hour race at LeMans? @StigsTC, @Storm_SP17 and myself are thinking about putting on this event and are open to suggestions if anyone wishes to participate :D
Would be a nice event to get the Clockwork Motorsport franchise "officially" rolling.

@DeltaJuliet and @Antares26 would you fly the CWM flag with me if I can get us a spot?

I'm fairly sure that a lot of us are waiting till GTS, but before it comes, how does a final race for GT6 sound? Say perhaps, a 12 hour race at LeMans? @StigsTC, @Storm_SP17 and myself are thinking about putting on this event and are open to suggestions if anyone wishes to participate :D
Well, my team is interested on participating in 12 Hour Race of Le Mans. :cheers:

Back