"GTP8.5" New Features and Changes

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 72 comments
Of course not, GTPremium members don't have ads...

My ad seems to be everything from "Support our troops" to "Drift Sponserships 2006"

I'm definatley getting that cash in ASAP then for GTPremium. I've wanted it for awile now, but neither me nor my dad has Paypal (as far as I know)

Just wondering, why is the google and other ad on seperate lines, and why does it say '/OLD GOOGLE STUFF-->'?

Jordan... this is surprisingly aggravating...

Sorry for the confusion, guys - everything looked great in Firefox and I made the mistake of assuming IE was fine as well. There should only be one ad at the bottom of the pages, which I'll be testing against the previous ones for about a week.

Now there is only one ad. It's a bit big but oh well, I can live with it.

Thanks Jordan!

Yes, and that's the only one (other than the banner at the top for tire safety and Ford) that I get on Firefox. I could live with it, but I could also get Premium for 3 months with the money I have in change now. Off to Coinstar and the post office [in a while]! :)

EDIT: I have been selected to win a FREE Samsung, Sony Wega, or Panasonic 42" Plasma TV! Oh joy! :indiff:

Just when I was wondering where the "My Posts", "Homepage" etc links at the bottom of each post had gone, I stumbled across the neat menu when you click a username 👍 Slick!

The new highlighting (red text, yellow bg) when you search within a thread is pretty cool too :)

• Signatures are now automatically limited to 300 characters and 6 lines. Also, the quote and alignment tags will no longer function in signatures and there is a maximum font size of 1 (this allows you to create text smaller than the default size, but not larger). It's OK if your current signature does not fall under these limitations - these changes will simply be applied the next time you edit your signature. I am sorry that many of you will miss the alignment tags, but give the new changes some time. As time goes by and everyone's signatures have been updated under the new rules, I believe you'll appreciate the neat-and-tidy, more readable and usable appearance. Also, when all signatures have a smaller font size than the post, the left aligned text will not distract you when reading through a thread. Remember, the center of attention when looking at a post should be the message - not the signature!

I would probably be a good idea to update the "Signature FAQ's & Guidelines" sticky to reflect this update.

Good point, I just removed the thread altogether. Thanks!

Back