"GTP8.5" New Features and Changes

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 72 comments
I just noticed when you click your RepCheck it opens in a popup instead of loading a new page. Much better.

repjc9.png

Nice work, Jordan! I like the new features now that I know what they are. I saw them last night when I logged on, and I was a little bit puzzled as to what they were :irked:. Now that I know what they are, I really like the ideas like giving rep in a little window instead of a whole new page, and the multi-quote feature. And being able to see your rep on a post (if any) is nice too. Good work! :)👍

:cheers:

Just out of curiosity, is there a way to see how many infraction points we have?
You should be able to view infractions and warnings you have received in your own user profile. Just click on your name next to any of your posts.

Duċk;2380255
I think what he means is this.

I curse out a moderator. I get 15 infraction points. How long would I have to be "clean" (like, be perfect and all) to lose most of those points? At what point do I prove to the mods that I can have some of my points deducted?
I think there should be some kind of system that they slowly go away. Because if a mod gives you 1 or 2 each time you do something wrong, after a year or 2 a lot of people could end up getting banned for little things they did over the past years.

First off, thanks again for all your hard work. GTP now looks a lot cleaner, easier to use, and smoother. I enjoy the addition of the multi-quote and speech bubble in quote buttons in particular, but everything else added comes together to make the whole feel even better. Thanks, Jordan and mods :)👍.

So, eh, these 'infraction points', Jordan, I havent recieved any yet, have I? And Ill be warned when I do, right?

If I report myself, do I get infraction points? If someone reports me do I get infraction points?

And my profile itself deserves 20 infraction points :P

More questions-- where in the profile can I view my infraction points? Are these something like negative reputation points? Can I view other users' points?

So, eh, these 'infraction points', Jordan, I havent recieved any yet, have I? And Ill be warned when I do, right?
You'll get a PM when you get any. (Note I said when, not if...)

If I report myself, do I get infraction points?
No

If someone reports me do I get infraction points?
That depends what you did that made them report you. But that is decided by us, not them.

More questions-- where in the profile can I view my infraction points?
You'll see it there when you get any

Are these something like negative reputation points?
No. Infractions can only given my mods and admins

Can I view other users' points?
No.

The bottom line is, the infraction/warning/banning system is not any different to the way it used to be, except its easier for us to keep track of things.

The bottom line is, the infraction/warning/banning system is not any different to the way it used to be, except its easier for us to keep track of things.
I think I understand all this now. Nothing has changed, except that you bunch of strapping young staff members no longer have to try to keep a running tally in your head of 80,000 odd members. As long as it's not abused (and I know it won't be, as the staff here are great), I can't see a singe problem. 👍

You'll get a PM when you get any. (Note I said when, not if...)

That worries me...

I see, thanks for clearing that up:)

That worries me...
It shouldn't, if you don't do anything wrong. However I do belive that the staff is having a big crack-down on AUP issues at the moment.

I don't know if it has been mentioned or if this feature has been around for a while, but now if you post a Quick Reply, it will update the page and include all of the posts posted by other members since you originally opened the page. Before it would only add your post and not those of others, which caused confusion. Nice addition.

I think there should be some kind of system that they slowly go away. Because if a mod gives you 1 or 2 each time you do something wrong, after a year or 2 a lot of people could end up getting banned for little things they did over the past years.
No answer to this yet? I'm sort of curious what would happen in this situation.

As you said Jordan, GT Planet is looking far more clean and user-friendly.
Love the multi-quote function. 👍

Duke said somewhere else recently that time limits could be placed on infractions so that after a pre-determined period (no doubt influenced by the severity and number of infractions) the infraction points could be removed. People are getting a bit worried about this infraction system.

Anyway, what I came here to post was that it's sometimes the little things I notice most. Aside from the multi-quote and link to original post in quotes (which are great), I've noticed that when you quote a post there's automatically a blank line added in the reply area, which never used to be the case AFAIK. Simple but handy.

Depending upon how the mod team is doing stuff, yes it is possibly. When you define a reason for the infraction, you can give an ammount of time for it to automatically disappear.

Aside from the multi-quote and link to original post in quotes (which are great), I've noticed that when you quote a post there's automatically a blank line added in the reply area, which never used to be the case AFAIK. Simple but handy.

Yes, I noticed that as well. A subtle and nice touch.

Owned by Jordan. I am blessed.

I know. I know. There is a new computer planned in the not so distant future.

Great update, the only thing I don't particularly like is how the thread author's name is displayed under the thread's title, instead of to the right where it used to be.

Good update, the only thing i think thats shouldnt of been changed is the alignment, it was doing no harm and it looks very neat in the middle.

Good update, the only thing i think thats shouldnt of been changed is the alignment, it was doing no harm and it looks very neat in the middle.

Yeah, it does look neat in the middle, but when everyone is alligning to the left, center and right it can look kinda messy. I preferred center allignment, but meh, I'm not the owner (yet :sly: :dopey: ).

Also, Jordan, I've noticed that the ads at the bottom of the pages are getting increasingly larger about every 2 weeks or so :nervous: Is this because of the cost of the new features, or something else?

Yer, I noticed that this morning and it's really starting to annoy me.
Nevertheless, a new GTP front-page banner would look good.

And they all seem to be Ford ads.

EDIT: TO any o the GTPremium members, do you see the Big Ads at the bottom of the pages?

Latest Posts

Back