GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 108 : Double Shot

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 66 comments
Tried it a big today got two clean quick laps twice, it's quite a challenging one this very fun, I want to see if I can get closer to bandits time though ;) maybe half a second or so.

Tried it a big today got two clean quick laps twice, it's quite a challenging one this very fun, I want to see if I can get closer to bandits time though ;) maybe half a second or so.

Well the good thing about this one is you can see where you need to go faster :P :lol:

Had an improvement on both laps, only a small improvement on the first lap though!

My night consisted mainly of...red...red...red...red...red...red...red...red...red...ad infinitum. But, managed to better my time. Need to find some pace in S3.

T1: 12.353
T2: 15.254
T3: 15.849

Well here are my first splits, not what I expected but a lot of room for improvement! :dopey:

Peluski17
My night consisted mainly of...red...red...red...red...red...red...red...red...red...ad infinitum. But, managed to better my time. Need to find some pace in S3.

I hear where you're coming from!

I have suffered a nasty bout of premature turnulation! All evening I'm in the middle of a good lap then..... Doh! Went too soon! Haha.

12.754 12.670
15.574 15.588
16.373 16.070

Stringing two together is proving to be a real chore!

QUESTION: Should the replay we submit ONLY contain our submitted two laps ?

Last edited:
Yes.

Please let me know if this part of the OP is not clear. ;)
Specifically the -1- line.

Race Specifics:

• -1- Run 2 clean laps, starting from lap 1. All replays must show lap 1 and lap 2 only.
  • -2- No reversing prior to lap 1 for more S/F line speed. First lap S/F speed should be around 44mph / 70kph.
  • -3- Exit the run a few seconds after starting the 3rd lap (Leave a little time so you can see previous laptimes at upper-right when watching your replay)
  • -4- Save your replay (Full Replay, not ghost replay)
  • -5- Watch your replay in replay theater and write down the splits from your fastest lap and final time from both laps. *These can be found in the "Live Timing Monitor" screen
  • -6- Final time = lap 1 + lap 2 (http://wrs.gtplanet.net/time-calculator can help with time addition)
  • -7- Use your lap times from your right upper corner, best and last laptime.

• The car used for this race is provided by the Seasonal Time Trial.
  • The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • All surfaces are legal, as long as the laps are clean by the game's standards. No RED laps.
  • Your replay will be branded as a Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) '95: Kart Space I Time Trial when viewed in Replay Theater.

Actually it's not very clear else I wouldn't have asked the question. I don't think there was any need for the way you responded. Clearly you have a problem with new members asking for clarifications especially when YOU can't be bothered to be explicit with the instructions.

The reason I asked is that instead of exiting I continued to run after setting my two laps and when I realised I saved but my save now has about 7 laps in it of which only the first two are the run.

Instead of being snippy perhaps a little patience and understanding would have been a better approach!!!!

I was honestly asking which part was unclear. Given what you have stated, that's fine to submit. Whoever checks it just won't look at laps 3 and higher.

Oh, and if I come off snippy, it's because I don't get to put in nearly as many laps as I'd like to. :grumpy:

Thank you and I'm sorry to hear that you're not getting enough track time.

I was honestly asking which part was unclear. Given what you have stated, that's fine to submit. Whoever checks it just won't look at laps 3 and higher.

Oh, and if I come off snippy, it's because I don't get to put in nearly as many laps as I'd like to. :grumpy:

Thank you and I'm sorry to hear that you're not getting enough track time.

I didn't think you came off snippy, the wink face made it less serious :lol: I suppose things can be misinterpreted over the internet :yuck:

Anyway, the new benchmark is a 42.603 for you to follow ;) Should have been a low .5 but I went wide in the penultimate corner :lol:

Last edited:
iSidious
I have suffered a nasty bout of premature turnulation!

:lol: Hate when that happens! But after an RM TVR, GT-R and and alien racecar I kind of understand. ;)

Spent my time the last couple days tuning for the wagon shootout. Should be interesting to see how long it takes to adjust from 500hp land yacht to tiny little Cappy on a spaghetti course. :scared:

OK, I've been away on business and missed the last TT. Your newest bottom feeder is back but I'm making an effort. Ill chase my own ghost for now as Bandit is gone following the big corner!

Ill do better yet!

Last edited:
Some progress...

More progress...

Last edited:
I few tips, for this car, I'm using ABS 0/6 (0/5 or 0/7) both also work depending on your preference. Don't use 1st gear, stay in 2nd apart from down the S/F straight, don't use full brake apart from initially into the first corner. The most time can be gained by getting as close as possible to the inside of the track in every corner, throttle control isn't really needed much. Hope this helps a few of you :)

Last one for tonight. Broke into the top 3500!

I'll keep workin the tips Bandit. I already noted on your replay that I shouldn't use first gear.

Scott

Nice work Bandit.

My first attempt. I haven't been racing this TT so I think I'm a bit late to get a good time.

12.668 12.744
15.951 15.499
16.874 16.187

Last edited:
Thanks BK. I did adjust my BB to 0/5 and found it to work smoother than 2/7. I may step up the rear to see if I can get it to rotate faster.

I find that I haven't used full brake anywhere though, even turn 1. I have just been using a dab to get the turn started and jam back on once I'm headed in the right direction. My thought was the revs stay higher this way so it doesn't feel like its bogging down nor do I need to shift down. I will try braking later and harder. Haven't watched your latest but maybe I need to. :)

Turn 2 is the one killing me though. I think I have most of the rest of the course down well enough when I hit it right but that hairpin is just brutal. :nervous: Any tips for that particular corner?

Also went through the leaderboard last night and didn't see many GTP folks. :sad: It's fun guys, I promise! :D I'm having a ball even when I slam into the guardrail nose first on the first turn 14 laps in a row.... :lol:

Thanks BK. I did adjust my BB to 0/5 and found it to work smoother than 2/7. I may step up the rear to see if I can get it to rotate faster.

I find that I haven't used full brake anywhere though, even turn 1. I have just been using a dab to get the turn started and jam back on once I'm headed in the right direction. My thought was the revs stay higher this way so it doesn't feel like its bogging down nor do I need to shift down. I will try braking later and harder. Haven't watched your latest but maybe I need to. :)

Turn 2 is the one killing me though. I think I have most of the rest of the course down well enough when I hit it right but that hairpin is just brutal. :nervous: Any tips for that particular corner?

Also went through the leaderboard last night and didn't see many GTP folks. :sad: It's fun guys, I promise! :D I'm having a ball even when I slam into the guardrail nose first on the first turn 14 laps in a row.... :lol:

Try with ABS off as well, that gets more rotation but you have to control it more :)

For turn two stop slightly before the Kart sign on the floor and be patient if you try rush it there you loose lots of time. Also do 40% brakes then slowly come off it.

I've done a few laps but started the viper and got addicted to trying to tame that beast, for the lap I did 43.8 didn't really get a good first lap as I would have wanted to. Goodluck 👍

Turn 2 is the one killing me though. I think I have most of the rest of the course down well enough when I hit it right but that hairpin is just brutal. :nervous: Any tips for that particular corner?:

For turn two, I think I brake just at the end of that writing on the floor that says 'kart space', also if I'm not going to make the apex I tap the handbrake a couple of times just to get the nose turned in. You should get back on the power at the apex or just after as you need to let the car turn since it is such a tight hairpin 👍

Had a quick go tonight. Haven't had time to go through all my replays but I'll post a time tomorrow when I have. Good fun this. 👍

I've found the most success with brakes set to 0/7. Better'd my time overall tonight, but my fastest lap saw improvements in sectors 2 and 3 and a loss in sector 1. Just have to put it all together. Turn two is killing me though. Such a picky corner.

T1: 12.462
T2: 15.099
T3: 15.765

Thanks to the 10 of you who have posted times so far. :embarrassed:

Tonight was my first attempt with the wheel (vs DS3), and immediately went faster.

I clocked this pair o' laps where the fastest was a hair slower than my fastest, and the slower lap wasn't a slouch either:

If I can't improve that duo, I think I can at least go .2 faster for an in-game LB best lap.

Gravitron

Tonight was my first attempt with the wheel (vs DS3), and immediately went faster.

I clocked this pair o' laps where the fastest was a hair slower than my fastest, and the slower lap wasn't a slouch either:

If I can't improve that duo, I think I can at least go .2 faster for an in-game LB best lap.

Nuts! Had you beat on the board for a bit. Just have to chase you down again! :sly: :cheers:

I'm now to where it is difficult to get two in a row that are better than what I have. Gonna go on this one until I can't anymore though.

Took the car for a spin this morning. I must say that I seem to do better first laps than second laps even though usually the second lap is faster. Was able to improve my overall time, but my fastest lap was reduced just a little bit. Overall more consistent lap times. Just can't seem to get it perfect both laps.

T1: 12.339
T2: 15.193
T3: 15.833

I'll be back in the mix in a week or two after my back heals a bit more. My last attempt post surgery was more than embarrassing if you remember. It was so bad that you didn't even request a replay, lol. Miss running these events and can't wait to bet back at it.

Back