GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 114 : Indyfinity

• Thread starter EDK
  • 151 comments
Yeah that corner is a total 🤬 - I lose my ghost there 9 times out of 10 and I don't understand it either, I have to get a perfect line in order to get on the gas at the right point for a fast and smooth exit. It's incredibly frustrating, I know - I can be up on my ghost in the first two sectors, then after the last two sectors I could be down by .500 or more. It's extremely annoying, and probably why I'm reluctant to keep trying to go faster. But I will try.

Yea, I guess it all starts from that last right hander going into the oval. Really having trouble trying to figure out how to even enter the corner to get a good exit. I think thats where my problem starts. Just gonna get working at it, eventually somethings gotta click.

Moving backwards on the leaderboard but 2/10th's faster overall. Trying some different lines, now if only I could put a good T1 with this lap...

Al

I think I got my problems figured out and even found speed in other sectors aswell. Now I just have to execute with consistancy.

New splits. Still pretty inconsistant, but pretty much got things figured out now. Even tho I didn't improve much, still learned alot so all in all it was a pretty productive day.

Still not fantastic splits - but faster over the line by another tenth:

25.517 25.519 25.333 25.270 25.548 25.095
24.102 23.691 23.762 23.877 23.609 23.672
19.610 19.766 19.811 19.711 19.523 19.616

Well "CR", guess I'll just draft off you for the rest of this TT. :) I don't think I can do any better with track.

Try as I might, I just can't get the hang of this combo. I fought and fought with it and could not even muster up Div 5 speed. Then I realized this car sucks as an automatic. Not enough time to really learn shifting but I gave it a go anyway and came up with these mediocre splits:

I'll post my time and go on to the next one.

Going to submit with the splits I've just made, but if I can improve well I'll change it, but I don't see it happening to be honest.

No improvements to be had any more. I can still do another three tenths according to my best but I can't get it strung together. Submitted and moving to 115. Good luck to anyone still chasing time!

Week 115 will quietly appear in a little while. Meanwhile, I'm thrashing this one.

With such tight times on the LB, I see a nice fat tenth gap between Caine and Litchi, and hopefully this gets me squarely into it.

Best splits say there's only 0.2 left, but might have to live with that.

Great combo, Kev. 👍👍

Half way down the LB and they are still in the 1 sec club! Great combo and sick times!!

Week 115 will quietly appear in a little while. Meanwhile, I'm thrashing this one.

Great combo, Kev. 👍👍
I can hardly wait!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lost like 1,5 tenths in the last 2 sectors but won 4 tenths overall, pretty happy with this lap!

I think I'm done, lost 1 tenth in sector 3 and 1 in sector 4, but we can't have it all..

Last edited:

I'm done for this one.

EDIT: I just taken a look at the board...The competition in D2 is amazing this week :)

Last edited:
I was considering getting out the tow chain!!

Wow, you got me on that one. :lol: You sir have just inspired me to give this one last effort. I'll be damned if I'm gonna take that kind of abuse....from an old man no less. :lol: Watch out, I'm like a pissed off Kyle Busch on the track now!!!! From the back of the field to the front, taking no prisoners. :sly:

I'll be back!!

(Damn I can talk a good game....now only if I can back it up. :))

Wow, you got me on that one. :lol: You sir have just inspired me to give this one last effort. I'll be damned if I'm gonna take that kind of abuse....from an old man no less. :lol: Watch out, I'm like a pissed off Kyle Busch on the track now!!!! From the back of the field to the front, taking no prisoners. :sly:

I'll be back!!

(Damn I can talk a good game....now only if I can back it up. :))
Your definetly a wild one! :) DGU give it hell Yonker!! :sly:

Interesting that a few years back being 3% off the fastest time would get you a solid finish at the top of division B (when we only had A/B/C). Now that would barely even get you on the board. My guess is that the group is compressing as most people who post times put in significant time and have many years of experience. It doesn't seem like the top guys are any slower (based on comparison with Ron's time who has been around at least as long as I have).

Last edited:
Going to submit as I don't feel like I can put together the magic lap I'll need to beat my current time.

WRSOENew3D3.png

Presents...

Indyfinity

Online Race based on WRS Week 114

RoadCourse-Indy_1copy_zpsb8e1b4a1.jpg

:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

May 1, 2013

European Time Slot

3:00 PM Eastern / 12:00 PM Pacific / 19:00 GMT

img.php

North American Time Slot

10:00 PM Eastern / 7:00 PM Pacific / 2:00 AM GMT

img.php

The following links will allow you to check your local times:

EU Event

NA Event

High End Motorsports G37 @ The Road Course - Indianapolis

car_high_end_motorsports_g37.jpg
track_indy_superspeedway_road_course.jpg

Stewards Notes:
Fancy an exciting race with fellow GTP`ers?

Go to this link for signing up.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=281024

RoadCourse-Indy_6copy_zps4319037f.jpg

Submitting with these splits

Good luck everybody

Last edited:
Impressive Dennis....

Found time for a little WRS, so came back this only to find that I still suck at sector 1

Well, since Firecracker lit a fire under my ass this morning, I have found improvement. I have decided to take this one right down to the wire as I'm still leaving between .350-.400 out on the track. If I can string that together, I will be most happy and Firecracker can put his damn tow chain away.:lol:

Updated splits. Not done yet. Gotta eat then I'm takin' this baby to the wire.

Last edited:
I really want to submit a TT lol. Quite litterally started this combo...an hour or 2 before the close time, and it's already late here so won't be able to run it. Done about 10 laps, it's annoying. Hopefully try and get started on this weeks one soon after wednesday so I can actually submit a time for once.

Final splits

Improved quite a bit tonight but final sectors a bit scrappy on this lap.

Slower splits, but a better close to this lap:

Still leaving 0.250 on the track which is frustrating. Submitting this lap and then trying to run until the deadline.

Back