GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 14 : Taming the Green Hell

• Thread starter EDK
  • 403 comments
I couldn't stay away! 2 days without the 'ring was too much :)

T1: 44.280
T2: 33.532
T3: 28.662
T4: 50.103
T5: 38.365
T6: 27.727
T7: 48.246
T8: 33.434
T9: 29.366

Sloppy start but I picked it up the further into the lap I got. Despite plenty of small mistakes I was able to keep momentum going which I think is the key to those winding medium speed corners after the carousel. I still suck at T3-T4 though, I just don't get that little downhill hairpin. I also managed my best finish so far which helped a lot with the final time :)

These are my final splits. This was my 'safe' lap but couldn't get a clean one quicker. Threw away my best in T9 which was 4s quicker.

Ah well, can't go on all night.

A bit late to the party, gave this a go on Saturday and was instantly hooked.

I thought the R tyres on a standard road car would be overkill but it was actually great fun. Nice one Kev 👍

Submitting with these splits

Good luck everyone :)

I've been waiting for a D2 driver to knock me down a peg again, and Vagabond and A7X are D1 now.

My first week in D1 and Green Hell smothered me I'm afraid. Nice job this week Sam. 👍

Looking forward to seeing the result of this one, half a tenth between Holland and Zoky after 9 splits is unbelievable driving, congrats and good luck to you guys 👍

Hope to see youtube videos available, these laps must be unreal :)

I just submitted with my on-the-board splits....just couldn't get anything going in an hour.

I'm kinda disappointed in myself, somewhat. I feel like I should have done better, especially after having recently been promoted to D4 Bronze.

I guess the inexperience with the "Green Hell" showed through! :indiff:

But that's why I joined WRS, to progressively get better....and only experience will gain that! :)

👍 to all who did participate in this gruesome track, and good luck, racers!

Where did you go? I've been waiting for a D2 driver to knock me down a peg again, and Vagabond and A7X are D1 now.

Lol.. Unfortunately I was too busy this week to get to run the WRS. Hopefully I will find some time this week.

Those are some quality splits CSL.👍 Only a handful of people could best those splits.. and I don't think I am one of them. But thank you for the mention.:)

Unfortunately I was too busy this week to get to run the WRS. Hopefully I will find some time this week.

That's a real shame Rees - it was a blinder although I'm an emotional wreck now, as I think is Chris and a few others :scared:

I just submitted a lap I just competed as a last ditch effort.
After trying for the last 2 days without an improvement I had to.

Good luck to everyone!

Best of luck all who made to the end of this devil´s track:cheers:

On the last half hour i just throw away two :banghead: 5.35.5xx
Think i need a break :ill:

I may have been a few seconds late submitting :ouch: Will have to wait and see if it went through.:nervous:

Guess my submission didn't make it in time... would have had a 5th place in D3.🤬:banghead:

Last edited:
Back