GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 28 : Decisions, Decisions

• Thread starter EDK
  • 274 comments
Thank you Carlos, still a work on progress. Going to hammer it hard after work tonight.

You're welcome - I must admit I thought it was a typo at first as it's not often the D1 guys are shown the way by a D3 bronze driver, even at this early stage of the competition. No offence meant, it's just unusal that's all.

Remo, just make sure SRF is off 👍

Some laps with one of this "beautys", still lots to improve, but having lots of fun, sliding everwhere :dopey:

T1: 36.148
T2: 26.254
T3: 27.928

You're welcome - I must admit I thought it was a typo at first as it's not often the D1 guys are shown the way by a D3 bronze driver, even at this early stage of the competition. No offence meant, it's just unusal that's all.

I was a bit suprised also when I had a look and and seen where I was at after a few more got on the board... I do like this combo (track, car) Its a blast!

Remo, just make sure SRF is off
Never have used that feature, but I did double check before and after my runs. 👍

Last edited:
I must admit I thought it was a typo at first as it's not often the D1 guys are shown the way by a D3 bronze driver, even at this early stage of the competition. No offence meant, it's just unusal that's all.

If my memory serves me just last week another D3 driver (poolhaas) was showing the way early in the week (at least for T1). Go D3!!!

Of course by the end of the week the WRS universe put itself in the expected order. I guess we can call it the "WRS reverse law of entropy"... that order will be preserved by the end of the week... assuming of course the exclusion of the dark energy otherwise known as SRF. :dunce:

Why can't I turn a somewhat competitive lap? Why do I enjoy racing on this track but hate time trialing here so much? Just why?

Don't get me wrong Tim, I'm not getting down on D3 (I used to be one of the faithful myself), however, whilst Kristoph had a magic first sector last week and pioneered the 'balls to the wall' approach through the first chicane (and followed it up with a very good turn 2), Remo is within a couple of tenths of some of the very fastest guys at the second checkpoint, after a full minute of the lap and on a very technical track. Hence my initial surprise...

I hope that my position is not misunderstood as I meant no disrespect to anyone or any division 👍

I am going to apologize to every one here :guilty: , I really thought I had a legit run. I'm home from work now. I got in my cockpit to fire up another session and to my utter dismay that evil Skid Force Recover was on. I don't know how I missed it( how or why it was even on). I swear I double triple checked. So again I apologize to all. I'll strike out the non-legit times now. This is horrible, my first time I get to run in the WRS and I mess it all up. I hope everyone will accept my apologizes.

Edit: I will post legit times soon as I run a session, which I'm about to do.

Last edited:
I am going to apologize to every one here :guilty: , I really thought I had a legit run. I'm home from work now. I got in my cockpit to fire up another session and to my utter dismay that evil Skid Force Recover was on. I don't know how I missed it( how or why it was even on). I swear I double triple checked. So again I apologize to all. I'll strike out the non-legit times now. This is horrible, my first time I get to run in the WRS and I mess it all up. I hope everyone will accept my apologizes.

Edit: I will post legit times soon as I run a session, which I'm about to do.

No need for apologies Remo, it's an honest mistake and you're not the first to have fallen foul of it (and I'm sure not the last either). I'm sorry for you that your hard work last night hasn't paid off, but look on the bright side, at least you've found it now and not next Monday night :ill:

I'd also suggest that despite the dreaded SRF, you seem to know your way around the track so I'm sure you'll still be competitive.

Good luck 👍

First splits::yuck:

:lol: Enjoying yourself then?

Last edited:
So here we have it. My first times again..... ran 20 laps the best was the first one :crazy: Off to bed I go, give it another go in the morning.

Got the feeling there is à golden car for this week. The top 3 al ready found the golden car. They are so close together with à big gap to the rest. Just somthing i noticed. Can't give i a go cos i'm out of town til sundaynight :(

Got the feeling there is à golden car for this week. The top 3 al ready found the golden car. They are so close together with à big gap to the rest. Just somthing i noticed. Can't give i a go cos i'm out of town til sundaynight :(

You might be right but i think they are just better drivers and have the ability to adapt to the car/track faster than the others.

I've only tested 2 of the cars so far and while I am currently quicker with one of them, the gap is small and each shows its relative strength on a different part of the track. Traction vs front end grip, weight vs power.

Drove a bit with Edwina, but I liked Nigel more:
T1: 35.407
T2: 25.990
T3: 27.200

Some nice splits posted. I had to fight for these splits. Only did some basic changes to my set-up.
These splits turned out to be dirty.^^

New splits:
T1: 35.528
T2: 25.889
T3: 27.196

First splits:-

I have only maxed the downforce out, if only I could tune.:dopey: I also had a lap .4 faster than this but it was dirty, so this is my best so far.:)

You might be right but i think they are just better drivers and have the ability to adapt to the car/track faster than the others.

I've only tested 2 of the cars so far and while I am currently quicker with one of them, the gap is small and each shows its relative strength on a different part of the track. Traction vs front end grip, weight vs power.

I agree with both of you to a curtain point. Off course the is a difference between the drivers quality, that’s why there are the division. Every other week the spilts are much closer together than the top 3 and the rest for this week so far.

And for the strength of each car to curtain part(s) of the track. Like Vagabond said. I disagree a bit. If a cars is faster in the first 3 spilts it will probably be faster in the last sector as well.

My 2 cents

I agree with both of you to a curtain point. Off course the is a difference between the drivers quality, that’s why there are the division. Every other week the spilts are much closer together than the top 3 and the rest for this week so far.

And for the strength of each car to curtain part(s) of the track. Like Vagabond said. I disagree a bit. If a cars is faster in the first 3 spilts it will probably be faster in the last sector as well.

My 2 cents

Agree that division is influencing a lot of the early results, especially since nobody has settled on a car yet, and we aren't doing much tuning yet either.

The cars are remarkably similar in total lap times, which should not be entirely surprising, since they fall within 1 PP of one another (The BMW is at 614, the other 2 are at 615).

The cars feature 3 different weights, and 3 different total HP, and the handling characteristics and therefore the portion of the track they perform in, is significantly different. Lighter cars will fare better through T1, while the more open sections with longer straights will favor the HP.

I think we have a week where everyone should choose the car that best suits their style, find a tune that works for them, and start hammering away at it.

Should be a fun one. :)

When I tested the cars without any real tuning, my fastest laps where .x53, .x55 and .x64 for the three cars so incredibly close. It seems however that one responds much less to tuning (or perhaps I just suck at it). :)

No new splits yet, couldn't beat my posted ones with this car. Going to cycle trough them one more time before I decide anything.

I'm much faster with one particular car:
T1: 35.303
T2: 25.860
T3: 27.093

Well, I've tried all 3 cars and am awful with all of them. It's sector 1, it's just stupidly technical and I would almost say impossible for 99% of pad users to do smooth and fast in high powered cars.

Spud and Jack can probably manage it, but not me.

I will continue to toil away with the car I found easiest to drive, which is the good thing about this week :)

Did a big first session with one of the cars. I never really liked how it drove but I liked how it looked and I thought it should be the best but it wasnt for me. I then did a second session in another of the cars and tried alot of tuning stuff on it as well and I did beat my OT but just barely. Im thinking if the 3rd drives very similiar I cant compete with my division this TT and Im going to do the TT but not report splits or submit time and try to learn something anyhow.

So I buy the 3rd car and immediatly I was loving how it drove.

T1: 36.169
T2: 26.398
T3: 27.912

Rough tuned it like the Denso or the Asparadrink cars basically for any of those not really tuners. That might get you started on a good tune for your car. Did for me anyhow.

Same LSD I used on those 2 cars 5 12 5. The max front ride minimum rear ride. I like 3.0 2.0 camber with my DS3.
Im going to look at the camber and toe setting I used exactly on the Denso and try them.

Dampers and ARB are currently default. The rear springs I lowered 1.0

Because my cars brakes felt weak at 5/5 I tried 7/7 it helped me go much faster.

Yeah I had to tune some to try and hang with my division. Im hoping when I get the track figured out better I will go quite abit lower.

I have given two of the cars a go and was definitely faster in one of them. I will try the third tonight, really holding out hope for that one or it will be a long week.

I have given two of the cars a go and was definitely faster in one of them. I will try the third tonight, really holding out hope for that one or it will be a long week.

Good to see you racing fizzy! Not least because you effectively bought me all 3 cars this week :D :)

Back