GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 30 : Gettin' Dirty with a French Girl

• Thread starter EDK
  • 229 comments
Found out you really don't need to change gear at all. Did a 47.45X T2 while staying in fourth the entire lap.

I'm still 100% certain that I have got something completely wrong this week but I can't figure out what it is.. Been checking the settings many many times but no, no TCL and no ASM on and I am driving the correct C4 WRC car. It's really strange.

I wish it was that car! Would make it a hell of a lot easier to get round :P

No submission this week from me, unsurprisingly. Good luck to those getting dirty still.

I'm kidding guys, I'm not in the C4.

You did actually have me going there :ouch: I should've realised you'd be setting considerably faster times in a WRC car though eh? :dunce: :dopey:

Edit - Later that same day...

Not given up on this one yet, despite Le Mans with the Sauber C9 being hopelessly addictive.

My fastest 1st sector so far has been a 22.433 and my fastest 2nd sector a 24.407 (that was a sweet sector but binned it at the bridge :crazy: ) My annoying spreadsheet is still telling me I can go 0.3 quicker but I'm pretty happy with this lap. One last session tomorrow before the deadline. Good luck all :cheers:

Last edited:
I was setting my wheel up tonight to have a go against my best save and the bloomin clamp snapped :grumpy: this is the 2nd time over a 5 wheel stint that i have overtightened it to my desk and its snapped on me 👎 Heavy handed I guess :guilty:

Anyway i beat my best lap with a slow split run with a crazy fast end section at the end of my last session but never updated as i fully expected to beat it tonight :grumpy: looks like they will be my final splits on this one and no idea when i will get a replacement wheel :ill:
I'm out until further notice! but I will submit my best lap now that beat my best splits on the board by over .1 at the line so I reckon i'm roughly about .7 of a second (as a guesstimate) down at the line againt the front runners.

Here's my submitted laps less impressive splits...

It was fun guys... Cheers! :cheers:

I've submitted my lap with the posted splits. I was able to find some time in T2 yesterday, but could never tie it to a better overall lap. My last sector is quite good on this one, hopefully enough to lift me up the board some.

That's bad news Ron, sorry mate. Thought you were going to drop in and blow us all away to be honest... :sly: Yeah its been a fun week - shame it had to end prematurely for you though. :cheers:

EDK
My last sector is quite good on this one, hopefully enough to lift me up the board some.

Very tricky last sector and could ruin a great lap in an instant. It'll be interesting to see who held their nerve for a good finish... :) Best of luck Kev. 👍

Couldn't concentrate on a final effort this evening, so submitted with the posted splits. T3 is too slow because of a bad entry to the bridge, so I expect to drop quite a few places. :(

Last splits for this week.
T1: 22.898
T2: 25.507

Faster in T1 and T3. Slower in T2.

Last edited:
Submitting with:

T1: 22.647
T2: 25.151

But last sector is :yuck:👎

Left almost 6 tenth on the track but can´t get it together.

Even so, pleased with what i achived at the end, because when i started hadn´t a clue to the times you guys had 👍

Submitting with

T3 is no good

Saw a 46.82X T2 but crashed and burned at the bridge.

Submitted with the times from last week. No time to do any additional training and I really can't stand Rally, I've learned that much.
Still, don't want to leave out an event just because I suck at it, so even if I'd be last... Let's go for it.

Still, don't want to leave out an event just because I suck at it, so even if I'd be last... Let's go for it.

What a great attitude 👍 We're not all that dedicated, myself included.

Saw a 46.82X T2 but crashed and burned at the bridge.

Just done the very same... actually the lap was a right-off from the first bridge but I was on a multi lap session so didn't restart. Ended up being the fastest 2nd sector I've done all week - 24.250 :crazy: I've saved the replay in case anyone is interested in what a T2 that fast looks like (after the results are out of course.)

Submitted my banker lap already but submitting now with these splits:

Probably run another session before the deadline but I'm pretty sure I'm not going to improve on this no matter what the spreadsheet tells me. Its a run to the line then... best of luck to you Thomas. Its been fun chasing your time down :cheers:

Nice improvement over the week Joao 👍 Good luck at the line mate. :)

And good luck to everyone who survived the week 👍

Making my debut this week, so a quick hello!

My Splits:

T1 0'22.690
T2 0'25.682

Karma to any brave souls who kept their foot to the floor when slaloming down the hill! 👍

Submitting with these splits
Really struggled to put all the sectors together, have done much better T1's &T2's only to keep blowing it in the last

As "family" went to bed earlier couldn´t resist to try one last time and got the time lost on the final sector and improve also T2. Pity the first sector :ouch:

T1: 22.883
T2: 24.992

Good luck to all :cheers:

Thanks Chris 👍

Back