GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 45 : Split Window Splits

• Thread starter EDK
  • 210 comments
Looking forward to having a go at this combo, only another 30 GT5 days till it hits my ucd.

The car is in the OCD at the moment.
Looking forward to this one might get a bit of time to do it finished work for christmas now woopie.

The car is in the OCD at the moment.
Looking forward to this one might get a bit of time to do it finished work for christmas now woopie.

If only it was that easy for me, I don't get broadband until January :)

As others have said I didn't think this car would be so much fun to drive. So glad that I purchased this car to race this week. LOVE the sound of it as well.
some early splits

Nice combo Kev.👍

Haven't run this track in reverse much, but do like the circuit.:)

First splits, car not broken in yet.

T1, 39.556
T2, 41.619

Edit: Latest splits, full HP. Some improvement, still trying to tune out the front end push.

Chris, some amazing times already. I don't know how you do it.

T1, 39.027
T2, 41.085

Last edited:
First splits:

Stock settings
T1: 38.836
T2: 39.913

Holy 🤬 this car takes balls to drive. It is just an animal. This is going to be a fun week.👍

Really, Chris! Nearly two full seconds ahead already!! :drool: And we haven't heard from the rest of the aliens yet.
That's it. I'm brewing some coffee and clearing my schedule for the week! (except Wednesday, of course!) :dopey:

Racing On!

:scared: That is an ominous statement right there! :P See you've already shaved some off that though mate. It'll be 2 tenths before you finish your first pot...

Chris, some amazing times already. I don't know how you do it.

Thanks mate. :) The trick with this car is to mash the throttle on exits - if you keep in the 'traction zone' there is enough grip at the rear to go full throttle without spinning up or out and with the right diff settings, you can induce a very tiny power oversteer - just enough to counter the car's tendency to push out at the front. I'm using LSD 5/15/5 which seems to work. Run a little off the racing line, though, and its understeer on or off the power.

Of course with this track, its a case of running the gauntlet with the Armco - 4 out of 5 laps I'm whacking the barrier somewhere. And remember this is one of those circuits where every corner is a potential lap time killer. Don't worry too much about entry speed at first, just concentrate on keeping tight on entry to maximise traction - nail it right and you can get on the power even before the apex to maximise exit speed. And avoid the curbs round here, except for turns 5 and 6 (I think... the fast right/left after the T1 split) - they just unbalance the car, which lacks the downforce to compensate.

My setup:

Max aero

Suspension
-25/-25
15.3/12.0
9/5
9/5
7/4

3.0/2.0
0.00/-0.25

LSD
5/15/5

Transmission
Max speed 205

New splits:

I can see a possible 37.5 1st sector and a 39.1 2nd sector. Now to dream about nailing that and still getting the last corner just right. I've gone 0.1 quicker than these splits just to see ghosty sailing past on the home straight. :P

But man I love this car. Reminds me of week 1 with grip. 👍

Oh yeah... Hey Simon :cheers: Great opening T2 mate 👍

Last edited:
Week 1 with grip and a ton more speed.:scared: Thanks for the tune Chris, I'm going to check it out soon.

New Splits:
T1: 38.373
T2: 39.674

Thanks mate. :) The trick with this car is to mash the throttle on exits - if you keep in the 'traction zone' there is enough grip at the rear to go full throttle without spinning up or out and with the right diff settings, you can induce a very tiny power oversteer - just enough to counter the cars tendency to push out at the front. I'm using LSD 5/15/5 which seems to work. Run a little off the racing line, though, and its understeer on or off the power.

Of course with this track, its a case of running the gauntlet with the Armco - 4 out of 5 laps I'm whacking the barrier somewhere. And remember this is one of those circuits where every corner is a potential lap time killer. Don't worry too much about entry speed at first, just concentrate on keeping tight on entry to maximise traction - nail it right and you can get on the power even before the apex to maximise exit speed. And avoid the curbs round here, except for turns 5 and 6 (I think... the fast right/left after the T1 split) - they just unbalance the car, which lacks the downforce the compensate.

My setup:

Max aero

Suspension
-25/-25
15.3/12.0
9/5
9/5
7/4

3.0/2.0
0.00/-0.25

LSD
5/15/5

Transmission
Max speed 205

New splits:

Thanks for the tips.👍

I'll try your setup now. I was running a high ride height to help over the curbs.
Looks like the wrong way to go.

Off to do some more laps.

I can't understand the OP stating that the car is over 600 hp when I'm starting out at 433hp and that includes the oil change. I have got everything on the car wo/ using any squizing so I can't understand how it will ever gain 200 hp by breaking in :dunce:

Did you check the power limiter Lefty? The C2 racecar?

Here is the setup I'm using, took it from the tuning forum.

Max Aero
Stock Transmission
LSD 5 15 5
RH. -10 -15 (I changed it to that)
SR 10.6 8.5
EXT 5 5
Comp 5 5
ARB 3 3
Camber 2.0 1.0
Toe -.20 0.00

I used this for the splits on the board.

Last edited:
Latest splits. Slight improvement.

T1, 38.710
T2, 40.325

Last edited:
Keep finding more grip... this animal loves full throttle.

More to go I think... :mischievous:

What a great call on the combo, the two work great together and the car slices through the turns like a surgeon. I have never like the reverse direction but w/ this car on this track, I'll have to reconsider my possition 👍

T1: 40.886
T2: 42.071

I can't understand the OP stating that the car is over 600 hp when I'm starting out at 433hp and that includes the oil change. I have got everything on the car wo/ using any squizing so I can't understand how it will ever gain 200 hp by breaking in :dunce:

I'm guessing you're not using the right car? You should be using the '63 Z06 Race Car, which has 610HP stock. Maybe you are using the '63 Corvette Coupe?

Question for the tuners in the crowd. What are you using for brake balance?

I'm guessing you're not using the right car?

All ready goter fixed :)

T1: 40.886
T2: 42.071

Starting to get a handle on what was my favorite car when I was growing up. I lived down the street from McClellen AFB and one of the pilots that flew planes for the Air Force had a brand new one when they first came out. I can still remember walking to school past his house every day and drooling over that split window Corvette. It was also the first model I ever built as well as my first slot car.

T1: 39.816
T2: 41.440

I've started tentatively using the curbs and its ok if you're careful. Carry too much speed and they'll just bounce you wide. I reckon I can get a 37.50 and a 38.95 if I'm lucky.

I've got a question for Kevin.

Now that we have the ability to change wheels on standard cars, is it permissible?

The laps I posted were using the stock wheels.

Not sure it would offer an advantage, just not clear about this new option and the rules.

Nice splits Chris 👍. Already in the alien territory on the second day of the combo :lol:.

T1: 38.594
T2: 39.614

I've started tentatively using the curbs and its ok if you're careful. Carry too much speed and they'll just bounce you wide. I reckon I can get a 37.50 and a 38.95 if I'm lucky.

Hi Chris, nice S2 time you landed 👍 (not even talking about S1, a mystery still)

I am fine with the right-left in S2, lift off slightly at turn-in and avoid the left curb, then go flat out through, over the apex curbs.

But I am at odds with the right-hander at end of S2. If I go nicely around the curb, the corner is just too sharp and slow. But if I attack the curb, it just attacks back. Car jumps, and lands rather unelegantly, with nose pointed in an rather unpredictable direction.

Hit-or-miss, mostly miss :scared: ... so far :D

90 minutes of pure frustration.... the tyres turn into magma the second you turn the wheel, that sweeping left in T2 is driving me nuts, it just destroys the front-right tyre.

Alien-splits, Chris. I used your setup for 90 minutes and got nowhere close. I'll be happy to break 1:18 I think.

Last edited:
I've got a question for Kevin.

Now that we have the ability to change wheels on standard cars, is it permissible?

The laps I posted were using the stock wheels.

Not sure it would offer an advantage, just not clear about this new option and the rules.

I have not noticed any time difference with the wheels I put on.... but we can always go back to stock if changing wheels turns out to be disallowed.

More fun and frustration tonight.

Need to work on T1. Messed up the final corner on this lap too.

Making some nice steps forward Chuk 👍

Nice splits Chris 👍. Already in the alien territory on the second day of the combo :lol:

Don't speak too soon... next thing Wes or Ramon will turn up with a 1'15.5 saying they can see another 0.3 :P But thanks 👍

Hi Chris, nice S2 time you landed 👍 (not even talking about S1, a mystery still)

I am fine with the right-left in S2, lift off slightly at turn-in and avoid the left curb, then go flat out through, over the apex curbs.

But I am at odds with the right-hander at end of S2. If I go nicely around the curb, the corner is just too sharp and slow. But if I attack the curb, it just attacks back. Car jumps, and lands rather unelegantly, with nose pointed in an rather unpredictable direction.

Thanks mate - not too bad so far. For the left/right at the end of T2 I'm hugging the curb around the left hander then just kissing the apex for the right hander to avoid bouncing off into the barrier on the exit. Its a tricky one - you need to scrub speed off while taking the left hander ready for the dive into the right.

Alien-splits, Chris. I used your setup for 90 minutes and got nowhere close. I'll be happy to break 1:18 I think.

See above :sly: The only advice I can offer at this point Matt is to just get your line sorted and then start getting on full throttle as early as you can to see what happens on the exits. If you start to lift off or use trailing throttle, the thing will just slide away at the front.

Changed LSD to 5/16/5, ride height to -30/-30, front toe -0.25

I can definitely see another 0.15 in sector 1 and probably the same in sector 2. I think I've got the last corner sorted (hours of practice in GT4 :sly:) so looking for about 0.3 on the lap I think.

Still waiting for a true alien to teach me a lesson :scared:

Well, it's getting there. I had a hell of a time beating this last ghost in the last sector. The good thing is I've become better at the final corner!! Time to go do some work, but I'll most likely be back at this in a few hours. I can sleep when I'm dead!!
T1: 38.196
T2: 39.752

Lot's of work left in the second sector.

Racing On!! :gtpflag:

Thanks Chris!! :cheers:

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back