GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 6 : 2011 Rally of Monaco

• Thread starter EDK
  • 626 comments
T1: 0'27.641
T2: 0'44.652

Good car, not so good track. I hit the wall a bunch of times before I put this lap down, but this lap was pretty good. 👍 The manual is faster but I always hit something concentrating on gears.

BTW, it shoulda been named Rallye de Monaco. Just sayin' cause it's French, you know?

EDIT: Wow I'm not that far off for once. :D

Last edited:
Updated Splits, shaved more time off :D

T1: 27.519
T2: 45.711

Last edited:
A bit under the weather again this weekend, but I'm hoping to try this later in the week. Even though I don't care for this track, I need a refresher course and soft tires will help with that :)

Jerome

This one sure is fun, and fast! Took me forever to learn the course, and then when I thought I couldn't improve too much, I cut another 1.1s off.

BTW, the car should have 315hp, right? 'Cause that's what mine has, but the description for the event says 394hp.

Glad you're having fun. 👍

You are correct, it should have read 315 HP, I've fixed it.

Early splits..... from the chicane to T2 was a bit off, but serviceable..... this is gonna be a case of "threading the needle" so to speak:crazy:. Although it is nice to have some grip to work with:tup:.

T1: 27.153
T2: 44.440

Last edited:
This one is pretty hard.

T1: 29.848
T2: 49.826

T1 time is horrible. Might do 20 laps and just get it over with.

First splits:

27.202 27.085
44.311 44.300

Lots Bit of tidying up to do still.

Last edited:
Did about 15 laps with this one, with lots of close calls with the walls:

I spent *way* more than 15 laps with the Isuzu today, and kept getting within 0.1 of my personal best.

Good luck everyone, last week and next, and thanks Admins for all these great events!

If I get time and motivation I may give this week a look-see.👍

Still awaiting my classification after running the qualifier, but going to crack on with this weeks combo any way.

A quick question though - the rumble strips are track, the tarmac beyond that at the chicane after the tunnel are not. Does this mean that technically I can have two wheels on the rumble strip (track) and two wheels on the tarmac beyond it (not track) and still be legal?

Cheers.

Welcome to WRS John (is that your name?) 👍

Yeah, that's right - even if only 1cm of your tyre is in contact with the rumble strip, its legal :)

Scruffy first 10 laps.

In-Race settings:

20/80 on Power
8/5 on brakes

Though with Racing Softs I think I'll try much stronger next time.

Going go to be interesting to see how long it will be before someone breaks in to the 10s at T2. Definitely a high 26 T1 and high 43 for T2 out there.

Last edited:
Another 45mins tonight yields a gain in T1... have seen a 26.9xx but missed the brake marker at T1. T1-T2 was 90% there..... slightly mucked the chicane up (Saw 1'10.9xx 3 times tonight), and T2 to the line was about as good as i'm going to get it i believe....

T1: 27.085
T2: 43.952

Christ, amazing splits. You sure you're not driving an F1 car? ;)

Cheers Millross, nope the same old C4 as everyone else.... There is at best 0.100-0.150 in that lap for me to be at 100%. Putting all the pieces together is another story.:scared:

Hello guys, first time entering the WRS just thought i would come in to see if i am on pace with you guys had a terrible first split but here are my times

I can see a fair bit more time but not the easiest track to put a lap together, good luck to everybody. 👍

Insane splits
Jesuschrist! :crazy: I give up... :ill:

First clean lap worth even mentioning:

T1: 27.197
T2: 44.912

Horrible T2 and T3... Understeering all over the place... overheating the fronts and missing every apex after the first corner. I don't seem to be able to get a feel for race tyres... but even so, I have no idea how to gain a whole second in T2. Early days yet but I have "a bad feeling about this." :sly:

That's no moon, its a space station.

Damn some fast splits by you guys already. My first 20 laps lame in comparision :scared:

Forgot about the in game tuning options, might have a play.

Welcome to WRS John (is that your name?) 👍

Yeah, that's right - even if only 1cm of your tyre is in contact with the rumble strip, its legal :)

Yep, I'm John! Cheers :)

So it doesn't have to be two *whole* tyres on the track then, just a portion of at least two?

Starting to think I've misinterpreted the rule and could probably have gone a touch faster in my qualifying. Never mind, just looking forward to posting a time now and a bit of friendly competition.

Yep, I'm John! Cheers :)

So it doesn't have to be two *whole* tyres on the track then, just a portion of at least two?

Starting to think I've misinterpreted the rule and could probably have gone a touch faster in my qualifying. Never mind, just looking forward to posting a time now and a bit of friendly competition.

Some part of two wheels must be on or vertically in-line with the track, in pretty much all instances the track stops at the edge of the red and white rumble or on grass beyond extended parts of tarmac (which you get at the Ring). This week will be very interesting on this because of the chicane, not least the potential for lots of wall touches.

Welcome to the WRS. 👍

Ugh, I feel like a pin-ball... :dopey:

Small improvement in T2... T3 still a mess.

T1: 27.205
T2: 44.559

Can go quicker in T1 I know. Best T2 was 0.2 quicker than these splits but hit the barrier going through the Swimming Pool. :crazy:

Another note regarding the chicane -

The game seems to do a reasonably good job of red clocking when you enter into the forbidden area. But please don't trust this as the final word. You need to check your lap, and if you aren't sure, either post a pic of the moment in question or consider it to be dirty.

Almost to busy looking at the boats.

picture.php

T1: 0'27.257
T2: 0'44.405

Phillip.

Another 45mins tonight yields a gain in T1... have seen a 26.9xx but missed the brake marker at T1. T1-T2 was 90% there..... slightly mucked the chicane up (Saw 1'10.9xx 3 times tonight), and T2 to the line was about as good as i'm going to get it i believe....

T1: 27.085
T2: 43.952

Amazing T2 there!

I'm expecting to see T1 times down in the 26.8XX range by the time the aliens chime in. Right now T2 is giving me fits, the quickest I've gone is 44.3 and then I stuffed it into the wall exiting the swimming pool complex. :crazy:

Back